Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I think the problem with the broncos QBs confidence is none of them have been crowned the guy. QB competitions like this seem to just rattle young QBs and produce a scared QB.

In my opinion it would have been better to name one the starter before camp and only make a change if it's worst case... Like starting 0-5.

Now I feel both QBs are behind in there progression and it will spill into regular season before the starter catches up to where he should have been by the end of the preseason.

Last thing broncos can do is start slow in the AFC West
    I think the problem with their confidence is neither has earned it....and they know it.....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    This right here is the truth

There's a reason you never see veteran coaches hold an "open" QB competition, they simply don't work. VJ will learn..... hopefully
    Never say never.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
    Yes, because that is the only time we have seen Paxton Lynch play football right ? He didn't play last season at all and hasn't been at training camp either being outperformed by a mediocre 7th Round Draft pick named Trevor ?
    we seen him last season as a raw rookie projected to be a 2-3 year project

we seen him for 1.5 qrts this year in a preseason game with the backups

like I say...if you can tell hes never gonna pan out by that...call Elway he needs your expertise

I totally agree with the first point you make. Paxton Lynch was sold to everyone as a project who would be 2-3 years away from playing in the NFL, and most people accepted that at the time of the draft pick. I do think it is a little unfair to be so harsh on Paxton Lynch when it's so early in his development. However, at the same time he is competing for the job RIGHT NOW and his play is under the microscope because of this, and the fact he was a First Round pick adds even more pressure. Paxton Lynch up to this point has shown zero ability to be an NFL Quarterback and the most disappointing aspect is he has shown zero improvement from year 1 to year 2, leaving people very sceptical of the pick and rightfully so.

On the second point, you are incorrect. John Elway drafted Brock Oswieler in the Second Round which most people would call a high round draft pick. Brock was meant to be the long term future of the team and was John Elways first attempt at drafting a franchise Quarterback. I would say if John Elway is wrong about Paxton Lynch, and with the tape out there to show what Brock Osweiler is, I would say John Elway would be 0-2 on attempts to draft a franchise Quarterback. Time will tell I guess.
    The Broncos won a Super Bowl because of Brock Osweiler. And it looks like Osweiler won the QB job in Cleveland on a team that didn't want him to win it. People are using 1 year under a "QB Guru" who has gone through more QBs than anyone else in the NFL (I believe it's now 8) during his time in Houston, maybe O'Brien is the problem?
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The Broncos won a Super Bowl because of Brock Osweiler. And it looks like Osweiler won the QB job in Cleveland on a team that didn't want him to win it. People are using 1 year under a "QB Guru" who has gone through more QBs than anyone else in the NFL (I believe it's now 8) during his time in Houston, maybe O'Brien is the problem?
    Good point, I wouldn't say that the draft pick was a waste because of what you said, Brock did come in and help a lot to get us the number 1 seed and push us through to the superbowl. However in saying that, John Elways intention with that Second Round pick was not to just find a guy to play half a season to help a little bit, he seen him as a franchise Quarterback and tried to pay him some big money at the end of his contract. I personally think that Brock would of been a lot better off if he stayed in Denver, however I don't think he is a franchise guy ? Do you ? I would

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    we seen him last season as a raw rookie projected to be a 2-3 year project

we seen him for 1.5 qrts this year in a preseason game with the backups

like I say...if you can tell hes never gonna pan out by that...call Elway he needs your expertise
    I don't understand the need for the smart remark ? All I am saying is that if Paxton Lynch doesn't turn out to be the guy, that John Elway would then be 0 for 2 on attempts to find a franchise Quarterback with a high round draft pick. I am not saying that Paxton Lynch is done in the NFL or that he won't ever work out, I am just saying that he hasn't given me much hope going forward as he hasn't showed any improvement or any ability to be an NFL Quarterback as of yet. You yourself said it, Trevor is average, yet Paxton cannot beat him out, that says a lot.

PS: I wasn't trying to claim to be smarter than anyone, I don't think anyone could disagree with what I said. However my simple statement was enough to receive a neg from someone ? Very mature, some people can't have a disagreement of opinion without getting upset I guess Thanks anonymous

Good point, I wouldn't say that the draft pick was a waste because of what you said, Brock did come in and help a lot to get us the number 1 seed and push us through to the superbowl. However in saying that, John Elways intention with that Second Round pick was not to just find a guy to play half a season to help a little bit, he seen him as a franchise Quarterback and tried to pay him some big money at the end of his contract. I personally think that Brock would of been a lot better off if he stayed in Denver, however I don't think he is a franchise guy ? Do you ?

I don't understand the need for the smart remark ? All I am saying is that if Paxton Lynch turns out to be the guy, that John Elway would then be 0 for 2 on attempts to find a franchise Quarterback with a high round draft pick. I am not saying that Paxton Lynch is done in the NFL or that he won't ever work out, I am just saying that he hasn't given me much hope going forward as he hasn't showed any improvement or any ability to be an NFL Quarterback as of yet. You yourself said it, Trevor is average, yet Paxton cannot beat him out, that says a lot.

PS: I wasn't trying to claim to be smarter than anyone, I don't think anyone could disagree with what I said. However my simple statement was enough to receive a neg from someone ? Very mature, some people can't have a disagreement of opinion without getting upset I guess Thanks anonymous

there's qbs drafted every single season...the majority don't make it or become transient backups...drafting qbs is always a crap shoot in any round

Good point, I wouldn't say that the draft pick was a waste because of what you said, Brock did come in and help a lot to get us the number 1 seed and push us through to the superbowl. However in saying that, John Elways intention with that Second Round pick was not to just find a guy to play half a season to help a little bit, he seen him as a franchise Quarterback and tried to pay him some big money at the end of his contract. I personally think that Brock would of been a lot better off if he stayed in Denver, however I don't think he is a franchise guy ? Do you ? I would

I don't understand the need for the smart remark ? All I am saying is that if Paxton Lynch doesn't turn out to be the guy, that John Elway would then be 0 for 2 on attempts to find a franchise Quarterback with a high round draft pick. I am not saying that Paxton Lynch is done in the NFL or that he won't ever work out, I am just saying that he hasn't given me much hope going forward as he hasn't showed any improvement or any ability to be an NFL Quarterback as of yet. You yourself said it, Trevor is average, yet Paxton cannot beat him out, that says a lot.

I agree that Elway drafted him to be the long term starter, but I'm sure he didn't expect the 2.5 years of great play they got from Manning. And because of those 7 starts the Texans went way over the top with their offer to Osweiler. If the Texans hadn't guaranteed so much, or their offer was only $15 million per year and Osweiler is probably the starting QB in Denver right now. And because the organization knew his limitations and what to expect from him and where he needed work, I think he'd be more successful here than he ended up being in Houston.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    there's qbs drafted every single season...the majority don't make it or become transient backups...drafting qbs is always a crap shoot in any round
    Hey we can agree on something

Hey we can agree on something
    good deal