• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

Tattoo Tuesday!! w00t!

Chargers offering up free team-themed tattoos to fans

The Los Angeles Chargers drew 21,054 fans to their preseason opener at the StubHub Center last weekend, a modest gathering that served as a reminder of the challenges that lie ahead as the Chargers attempt to establish a Southland foothold.

The Chargers hope L.A. is a permanent home, so why not offer fans a permanent option of their own? The Chargers, in conjunction with the Shamrock Social Club, are offering free team-themed tattoos to anyone who comes into the famous West Hollywood tattoo studio between 1 p.m. and 1 a.m. on Tuesday.

The Chargers will foot the bill for the Bolts ink.

"It's just one way to show our appreciation for the fans, and to let them know that we're always thinking creatively about how they can put their hand up and say they love the Chargers," Jeffrey Pollack, a Chargers special advisor, told Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times.

In general, "It was free" is not the best reason for permanent body modification, but we're not going to judge anyone who takes the Chargers up on this unusual offer. Hit us up if you go through with it.
    Just like their last home was their permanent home.

I was able to find their most popular tattoo

This one is really cool in full color

• Peanut
    ModNut
    • Jan 2007

That's like buying/bribing fans, isn't it?
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Lumiere
      All-Time Great
      • Jan 2011

It always made me laugh how fickle the SD fan base was/is. If the team was ever sub 500, it was an almost guaranteed local telecast blackout due to the stadium being half empty.
      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• DevilSpawn
        versus you
        • Mar 2006

Here's a shot of a fan who has the Chargers trophies tattooed on her back.

Comment

• arapaho
          reserved for losing bet
          • Mar 2004

just what they need bunch of bald guys with a dancing banana tattoe
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• arapaho
            reserved for losing bet
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

It always made me laugh how fickle the SD fan base was/is. If the team was ever sub 500, it was an almost guaranteed local telecast blackout due to the stadium being half empty.
            I recall when they had a post season home game blacked out because the forcast stated chance of showers
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• baphamet
              Family Trust Beer
              • Nov 2006

wish i could get one! for the record i was in costa mesa for a couple training camp practices and it was packed!! 5000+ people at both practices, seems the chargers actually do still have fans! especially after they kick the living crap out of the that mediocre donkey team!

Comment

• baphamet
                Family Trust Beer
                • Nov 2006

LA will be no different, in fact most would argue it's even worse.

Comment

• baphamet
                  Family Trust Beer
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

That's like buying/bribing fans, isn't it?
                  it's cheap advertisement!!

Comment

• Lumiere
                    All-Time Great
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                    I recall when they had a post season home game blacked out because the forcast stated chance of showers
                    Sadly, that doesn’t surprise me. Living in their putrid market, it always worried me whenever the Broncos were playing in SD (due to limited game viewing options). There was almost always a threat of the game being blacked out locally…but in the end, most weren’t – with majority thanks going to Broncos fans themselves!

Comment

• Lumiere
                      All-Time Great
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      LA will be no different, in fact most would argue it's even worse.
                      I agree. That's why they need the most awesome stadium in the history of the universe.

Comment

• baphamet
                        Family Trust Beer
                        • Nov 2006

Sadly, that doesn’t surprise me. Living in their putrid market, it always worried me whenever the Broncos were playing in SD (due to limited game viewing options). There was almost always a threat of the game being blacked out locally…but in the end, most weren’t – with majority thanks going to Broncos fans themselves!

"living in their putrid market" there are a lot of broncos fans from socal on these boards, a lot of you are the fairweathers lol

Comment

• baphamet
                          Family Trust Beer
                          • Nov 2006

I agree. That's why they need the most awesome stadium in the history of the universe.
                          it was a great idea to use that stadium while they wait and it will be one of the hottest tickets in town when they start kicking the crap out of teams starting september 11th!

Comment

• Assassin27
                            Captain
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            Chargers offering up free team-themed tattoos to fans

Just like their last home was their permanent home.

I was able to find their most popular tattoo

This one is really cool in full color

Chargers have to give the few fans they have left something....they wont give the fans many wins so they might as well give the fans a free tattoo...lol
                            sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                            Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                            PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

• Lumiere
                              All-Time Great
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              "living in their putrid market" there are a lot of broncos fans from socal on these boards, a lot of you are the fairweathers lol
                              There’s a lot of people in the So. Cal metropolis, Baph! There’s like 400 million people living in LA alone……..I’m guessing….based on my commute.

There’s bound to be a good chunk of Broncos fans. Thankfully, I’ll be in Colorado soon :dance: ...so that’s one less Broncos fan taking up a seat in the Chams/Rargers complex.

Comment

Working...
                              X