Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2017 NCAA Football thread.

Figured I would create a new thread for college football this year instead of us continuing to use one that was titled for one specific weekend 2-3 years ago.

Anyway what are people's big thoughts, concerns, expectations for this season?

I'm excited about the hype surrounding Auburn this year. I think the defense is finally back to what I grew to love in the early 2000's and are a legit sec contender if not more. The big question is Stidham who I think is a stud but has to prove it in the SEC and even more prove he can stay healthy. If he can I think my Tigers can stop under achieving at 7-8 wins.

As for the big game coming up in two weeks. I think Florida st is massively overrated and only put in the top 5 to hype up tv ratings for the game. Their defense was atrocious last year and I see no reason to believe they will be improved enough to be ready to contend with a national title favorite right out of the gate. I hope it's a great game and I'll be pulling for them. But I fear it will be a similar massacre to what Louisville did to them last year or what Alabama did to USC in the opener.

Also not sure how Texas starts the year in the top 20 after a 5-7 season followed by what espn called their worst recruiting class ranking since they began tracking that info. Makes no sense.

Also Florida and Michigan is a hidden underrated potential best game of the opening weekend. We will see if the Gators can survive the 7 players suspended.

Anything major I missed please post here.

Only 8 days till opening day.

So this thread has over .500 views and not a single other person has an opinions on this season?

That UCLA - A&M game was amazing.... it kind of reminded me of that CU-KU game back when Hawkins was our coach though. In the fact that all A&M had to do was keep running the ball and there would be no chance for UCLA to come back. But they inexplicably kept throwing it and snapping the ball with like 20 seconds left on the play clock.

Also two of Rosen's touchdown passes should have been easy interceptions at the end. It was just a comedy of errors

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So this thread has over .500 views and not a single other person has an opinions on this season?
    LOL! Well I didn't read it until TODAY! But if I would have read it back then August 18th, I would have said then what I am going to say now. It's all about Alabama man. We all are just sniffin around their table tryin to get crumbs. Texass and Florida? LOL! My early prediction for the Final 4? Bama, Ohio State, USC, and a surprise team. MAYBE a team like the Okie State Cowboys. They will have the #1 Offense in the Nation this year. If they can figure out how to play Defense for once in their lives, they may have a chance!

Back on the subject of Alabama and SATAN! What is it that Nick SATAN is doing??? They have had the #1 Rated Recruiting Class 7, SEVEN, I SAID SEVEN!!!! Years in a row now!!!! That is unpresidented and unheard of! When will SOMEONE, ANYONE, start asking questions about SATANS recruiting methods???
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    LOL! Well I didn't read it until TODAY! But if I would have read it back then August 18th, I would have said then what I am going to say now. It's all about Alabama man. We all are just sniffin around their table tryin to get crumbs. Texass and Florida? LOL! My early prediction for the Final 4? Bama, Ohio State, USC, and a surprise team. MAYBE a team like the Okie State Cowboys. They will have the #1 Offense in the Nation this year. If they can figure out how to play Defense for once in their lives, they may have a chance!

Back on the subject of Alabama and SATAN! What is it that Nick SATAN is doing??? They have had the #1 Rated Recruiting Class 7, SEVEN, I SAID SEVEN!!!! Years in a row now!!!! That is unpresidented and unheard of! When will SOMEONE, ANYONE, start asking questions about SATANS recruiting methods???
    What's to ask about? The man walks into a recruits living room and holds up one hand filled with championship bling and doesn't have to say a word.

He gets kids now that would rather greyshirt at a community college down the road and throw their career away than start somewhere else right away.

I mean I'm sure he is paying kids but so is everyone else these days.

Penn State is really good again.....they get overlooked because of OSU but this year feels different. Barkley is simply amazing and Mcsorley makes things happen.
    I'm excited for the season to play out, James Franklin is a great coach and Penn State is looking tough

LSU Tiger fan here...why would a Bronco fan also be an LSU fan? Can't explain it, but ever since I was a kid and saw the color of those uniforms with that big LSU on the helmet I was hooked for life. Anyway, I'm still broken up about the firing of Les Miles. Ya, he just couldn't seem to top SabanBama (other than that amazing 9 - 6 OT win in 2011) but I didn't care..."The Mad Hatter" was the perfect guy for LSU. For me college football isn't just about being #1 every year, it's about tradition and while contending for the SEC title is loads of fun, I don't care whether LSU is near the top of SEC or not, Saturday night in Death Valley is one of the great college football events in the country. On the other hand, winning is always more fun than losing and luckily, we always seem to be somewhere in the top 25 so get decent tv coverage and I get to take in a few games each year...and we almost always get invited to some bowl or other so that's a bonus

While I'll always miss Les, I'm glad they hired a real Cajun in Ed Orgeron to steer the ship. So far so good, 27-0 over BYU in the season opener...we'll see how he does in Tuscaloosa Nov 4th

Geaux Tigers!
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Lamar Jackson is the ultimate Heisman candidate of today's football era

Flashy plays, crazy stats, zero important wins... Mccaffrey got robbed and I hope it doesn't happen again this year. Jackson will almost for sure produce again

What's to ask about? The man walks into a recruits living room and holds up one hand filled with championship bling and doesn't have to say a word.

He gets kids now that would rather greyshirt at a community college down the road and throw their career away than start somewhere else right away.

I am sure he has a strong selling point with all those Rings, but I sure hope you are wrong, but probably not, that EVERYONE is paying recruits these days. After putting out so many stupid rules, and slapping different Colleges for SMALL infractions, and to IGNORE all the Pay to Play MAJOR nonos, that would be so wrong.
    oh YEAH?

JT Barrett needs to take some notes from Mayfield or call Cardale Jones for some backup immediately. 50% completion and less than 100 yards passing is pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    JT Barrett needs to take some notes from Mayfield or call Cardale Jones for some backup immediately. 50% completion and less than 100 yards passing is pretty pathetic.
    Lol. I've been out on JT Barrett for what two years now? Guy just doesn't improve. Glad I didn't watch the second half of that garbage tonight. I blame Urban as much as Barrett, though. Underneath read (forget second level), option, QB keeper. Rinse and repeat. The championship against Bama (even though they had an exhibition against Oregon a week later) was incredible, but it's time to evolve there, Urban. Zeke and Tebow aren't walking through that door anytime soon. This is not surprising at all. I hope Mayfield has a great career in the NFL, and Barrett does well with whatever he's majoring in.

People might say, "ohhh, spoiled OSU fans" but it's the truth. If you recruit as well as they do, you need to get results. That's just the way it works. OSU will probably be better at the end of the year than they are now, but that's a consolation prize in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Lol. I've been out on JT Barrett for what two years now? Guy just doesn't improve. Glad I didn't watch the second half of that garbage tonight. I blame Urban as much as Barrett, though. Underneath read (forget second level), option, QB keeper. Rinse and repeat. The championship against Bama (even though they had an exhibition against Oregon a week later) was incredible, but it's time to evolve there, Urban. Zeke and Tebow aren't walking through that door anytime soon. This is not surprising at all. I hope Mayfield has a great career in the NFL, and Barrett does well with whatever he's majoring in.

People might say, "ohhh, spoiled OSU fans" but it's the truth. If you recruit as well as they do, you need to get results. That's just the way it works. OSU will probably be better at the end of the year than they are now, but that's a consolation prize in college football.
    At least the Indians are winning lol

Same boat here on the Auburn Tigers. Gus lacks any offensive imagination anymore and he can't recruit offensive line or wide receiver to save his life. 12 sacks??? Are you kidding me???

But every time they showed us Stidhams views every receiver was just running a go route. When you know you have 2-3 seconds to get open how are you only running go routes? With no receiver fast enough to get separation.

I think this is Malzahns final year as the coach of the Auburn tigers.

I think the main draw with him is that if you are a starter on the team, the chance of you making an NFL roster is like 90%. It's insane how many Alabama players get drafted every year

They are saying on the Sports Animal here in OK. that he has a Major Mental Problem. JT Barrett will be benched, soon.
    oh YEAH?