Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Only team in history to beat #1 back to back

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Only team in history to beat #1 back to back
    Very interesting plot twist- isn't it?

My neighbor is a Bama fan. I am a Dawgs fan. A couple weeks ago he was, 'well, well, well, how the mighty have fallen'.

Now, it's payback!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Very interesting plot twist- isn't it?

My neighbor is a Bama fan. I am a Dawgs fan. A couple weeks ago he was, 'well, well, well, how the mighty have fallen'.

Now, it's payback!
    So happy for you. I hate Georgia when we play them bu5 aside from that I’m ok with them more than Bama.

Obviously I hope we dominate Georgia again next week but if we don’t I’ll be able to stomach it.

Congrats to auburn on the upsets. Will be interesting to see how the playoff shakes out.

Unfortunately Iowa state struggled down the stretch and the big 12 should really invest in getting new refs as they are giving the Pac 12 a run for their money in being terrible.

But three one good thing is Iowa state set a new record with losing 0 fumbles during the season. The running back coach had done a stellar job with Montgomery being a beast and his running back at Toledo being Kareem hunt.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Alabama on the outside looking in! I love it.... Auburn looks like the best team in the country right now imo. Going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Alabama on the outside looking in! I love it.... Auburn looks like the best team in the country right now imo. Going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    You know you would think after beating them in the Iron bowl life would be all roses. But that was very short lived. Because although they are currently out you should hear the arrogance and entitlement now that they think they are basically back in as long as either Oklahoma or Wisconsin loses.

They are basically only pointing to the Iowa loss for Ohio st (which I admit was really bad) and acting like the rest of the resume doesn't matter. They also bash Ohio st for their 15 point loss to #3 Oklahoma and then have the audacity to claim a 12 point loss to #2 Auburn is a good loss. Then they say the committee should put in the four best teams not the four best conferences.

I get so sick of their entitlement. This is by far the weakest resume Bama team I have ever seen under Saban and Auburn exposed them big time. I also have a very big problem with teams not representing their division in a conference title game yet still getting in. And I have an even bigger problem with sending two from the same conference and spurning two other conferences.

I'm either hoping big time that Oklahoma and Wisconsin take care of business and leave no doubt. Or that if your Buckeyes win that they do it so well like 42-7 that the committee puts them all the way up to 4. Bama should be so done and it irritates me that the committee left them at 5. I even saw an espn article go as far as to say Bama actually has the 2nd highest odds of anyone to make the playoff behind only Clemson. THEY AREN"T EVEN PLAYING!

I'll never hear the end of it if Auburn loses to Georgia and Bama gets a second SEC bid. They'll be forgiven for their iron bowl loss far too soon.

Good luck to your Buckeyes Elway but I think my stomach would handle a Wisconsin win so much easier.

You know you would think after beating them in the Iron bowl life would be all roses. But that was very short lived. Because although they are currently out you should hear the arrogance and entitlement now that they think they are basically back in as long as either Oklahoma or Wisconsin loses.

They are basically only pointing to the Iowa loss for Ohio st (which I admit was really bad) and acting like the rest of the resume doesn't matter. They also bash Ohio st for their 15 point loss to #3 Oklahoma and then have the audacity to claim a 12 point loss to #2 Auburn is a good loss. Then they say the committee should put in the four best teams not the four best conferences.

I get so sick of their entitlement. This is by far the weakest resume Bama team I have ever seen under Saban and Auburn exposed them big time. I also have a very big problem with teams not representing their division in a conference title game yet still getting in. And I have an even bigger problem with sending two from the same conference and spurning two other conferences.

I'm either hoping big time that Oklahoma and Wisconsin take care of business and leave no doubt. Or that if your Buckeyes win that they do it so well like 42-7 that the committee puts them all the way up to 4. Bama should be so done and it irritates me that the committee left them at 5. I even saw an espn article go as far as to say Bama actually has the 2nd highest odds of anyone to make the playoff behind only Clemson. THEY AREN"T EVEN PLAYING!

I'll never hear the end of it if Auburn loses to Georgia and Bama gets a second SEC bid. They'll be forgiven for their iron bowl loss far too soon.

Good luck to your Buckeyes Elway but I think my stomach would handle a Wisconsin win so much easier.
    I don't trust Ohio St. I would rather they be kept out lol. I don't want a repeat of last year, although they did lose to the eventual champion. It was brutal.

I like Georgia, but I think Auburn will beat them. If it's seeded right it should be Auburn v Oklahoma for the chip.

I can get behind that. I'd rather get behind an 8 team playoff, but that works.

An 8 team would be amazing though, because you get your power 5 champions, you get your at large or non power 5, and then you still get to throw in the two really good teams who didn't win or get to play in their conference championship for whatever reason (injuries, schedule, didn't get hot until late, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I can get behind that. I'd rather get behind an 8 team playoff, but that works.

An 8 team would be amazing though, because you get your power 5 champions, you get your at large or non power 5, and then you still get to throw in the two really good teams who didn't win or get to play in their conference championship for whatever reason (injuries, schedule, didn't get hot until late, etc.).
    Not to poke on yall but the committe tried that four best teams, not four best conference winners approach last year and they got burned 38-0 opening round. So I fail to see how they can excuse it again this year with Bama.

Let's go Auburn. Do punt this away.

Happy for Georgia. Surprised that Auburn wasn't able to make a better game of it. Been awhile since Georgia played for anything important, good to see.

I won't miss Barrett.

Today is the day I quit watching college football. Sport is dead to me.

Its no longer a sport about who is honestly the best teams with the best resume. Its not about the rich and the famous and who has the deepest pockets.

Well looks like the playoff committee couldn't go without Alabama. They just need to go to a 8 team playoff all conference winners get in than the best G5 team and 2 at large bids.

This would make out of conference games mean less. Because when you look at it the Ohio state playing Oklahoma cost them a playoff spot. Alabama played Florida State who ended up being terrible. But with the out of conference games being scheduled so far in advance they need to mean less. Win the conference your in should be how it is done

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Well looks like the playoff committee couldn't go without Alabama. They just need to go to a 8 team playoff all conference winners get in than the best G5 team and 2 at large bids.

This would make out of conference games mean less. Because when you look at it the Ohio state playing Oklahoma cost them a playoff spot. Alabama played Florida State who ended up being terrible. But with the out of conference games being scheduled so far in advance they need to mean less. Win the conference your in should be how it is done
    That works, too.

I honestly don't have a problem with OSU not getting in. I do think that if they had blown Wisconsin out like they did 3 years ago, they would've probably gotten the nod though. I just have a feeling that they looked at the matchup, and figured, "Do we really want to do this Ohio St/Clemson thing again this year?" I'm cool with it. Schedule be damned, you gotta win the games. I am a little more lenient on the Iowa game than most though. I haven't seen one analyst mention that Iowa was playing for the sick kids that day. They had the pediatric power karma going that day...oh, and Barrett sucked. lol.

Think I'm going to root for Georgia this year.