Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    I think he'll learn from the bad INTs he threw today, but he made a lot more poor throws than just those INTs. Even on that last drive of the game he had Sanders wide open and threw it too low for a completion. What worries me more than today's INTs is that he still can't seem to shake his penchant for focusing too much on one receiver; this tunnel vision has been a problem for him from the outset and it really hurt his play today.

TS is only in his second year and has a new coaching staff. Expect more growing pains throughout this year. Now if TS continues to do this next year I'd be worried

Two phenomenal games and two boneheaded throws, relax people.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    I think he'll learn from the bad INTs he threw today, but he made a lot more poor throws than just those INTs. Even on that last drive of the game he had Sanders wide open and threw it too low for a completion. What worries me more than today's INTs is that he still can't seem to shake his penchant for focusing too much on one receiver; this tunnel vision has been a problem for him from the outset and it really hurt his play today.
    I suspect he may be bring encouraged to release the ball very quickly. Some of his throws were dropped early in the game because they were thrown too fast and too hard. Making locking on a receiver is part of this process.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Two phenomenal games and two boneheaded throws, relax people.
    He had one average game and one great game and now a terrible game. It's not like he played good outside of the interceptions.

The real question is why only give the ball to Charles like 8 times when he's playing like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    He had one average game and one great game and now a terrible game. It's not like he played good outside of the interceptions.

The real question is why only give the ball to Charles like 8 times when he's playing like that..
    I was wondering the same thing. The run game was working, yet TS threw it 40x

Disappointing loss! But how about some realistic expectations for Siemian. He had a bad game, now they move on to the next against OAK.

I would not grumble about or be overly critical of his bad plays any more then I was overhyping him a week ago and clamoring to give him a huge contract and arguing his "franchise QB" status.

Many of the same criticisms of his mistakes or poor plays were there in the wins too. Just lost in the mix of positives.

Siemian is exactly the same player we all think he is.... the good and bad. He needs to play better as does the entire team in supporting him. He is the starter and the Broncos can not fix him anymore then they can the oline woes. Not any options at the moment anyways.

It's one loss. Going to be a long plane ride home then start preparing to earn a win next week.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Disappointing loss! But how about some realistic expectations for Siemian. He had a bad game, now they move on to the next against OAK.

I would not grumble about or be overly critical of his bad plays any more then I was overhyping him a week ago and clamoring to give him a huge contract and arguing his "franchise QB" status.

Many of the same criticisms of his mistakes or poor plays were there in the wins too. Just lost in the mix of positives.

Siemian is exactly the same player we all think he is.... the good and bad. He needs to play better as does the entire team in supporting him. He is the starter and the Broncos can not fix him anymore then they can the oline woes. Not any options at the moment anyways.

It's one loss. Going to be a long plane ride home then start preparing to earn a win next week.
    Well said.

He made a bad decision and poor throw on the fist INT. In the prior two games he's threaded the needle several times with great throws - that doesn't always work. At the same time he can't make great plays without taking some risk. He just needs to know when to not take the risk - this one was too much. It's a fine line.

The second INT seemed like he tried to throw it away and just couldn't get enough on the throw. The O line was responsible for allowing pressure. Trevor was immediately scrambling on that play.

Credit the Bills they played a better game a earned the W.

We'll see how Trevor responds vs. Raiders.

Siemian seems uneasy in the pocket, especially today. The OTs held up for the most part but it seemed like whenever there was a bull rush and our OTs would sit down and re-anchor Siemian immediately started scrambling when the protection was actually pretty good. Idk if he's a little shell shocked going back to last season but I felt he left some plays out there scrambling when he didn't have to.

The INTs were bad. Him and Fowler weren't on the same page on the first one. Fowler looked like he wanted to go outside while Siemian was expecting him to come back and to the inside. The 2nd one was abysmal, it looked like he got caught up in between trying to complete a pass and throw it out.

I am starting to question the arm strength though. That reversed catch (it was a catch) should have been a TD. Sanders can't wait that long for the ball. Also I'm tired of seeing WRs wait for the ball to come to them on comeback routes. That broken up pass where Sanders got on one knee only to have the DB come over the top and bat it down was infuriating. Just come back to the ball and you'll catch it.

All in all I don't think Siemian is why we lost. The play calling on offense was shaky. Almost seemed like McCoy was trying to figure out what he had in Siemian. We're a running team and we got away from the run way too early. Also the defense looked completely unprepared and didn't bring the effort consistently. Considering that they've been practicing against this offense the past 2 seasons, there's no excuse for the blown coverages.

Quote Originally Posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. The run game was working, yet TS threw it 40x
    Thatís why in my original post to reboot this thread I said VJ and McCoy called a terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Thatís why in my original post to reboot this thread I said VJ and McCoy called a terrible game.
    I'm not a fan of bashing coaching as quickly as most fans like to do, but one thing I am unsure of is with how hard the Bills were trying to come after Trevor, where is a rb screen or two?

Trevor is what he is. He is not going to dazzle anyone. But he needs to stop turning the ball over. He's already turned the ball over 5 times in 3 games. And he's been bailed out on a couple other dropped int's.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I'm not a fan of bashing coaching as quickly as most fans like to do, but one thing I am unsure of is with how hard the Bills were trying to come after Trevor, where is a rb screen or two?
    I was thinking about the same thing earlier and couldn't recall any screens. There was the short out on one play but we lost 2 yds on that one. I think Trevor checked out of pass to run on 2-3 plays to take advantage of how the Bills were lined up to bring pressure. But it did seem like a couple of screens could have helped.

I found that after he took the shot to the back of the neck, follow by a tackle where his head bounced off the ground, he struggled. Towel over the head shading his eyes on the sideline. His bell was wrung. Hence a bad pick right after.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    They tried early in the game, at least once, and I think twice, but they were blown up quickly.