Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk TE's

Lets talk TE's

I saw the most recent depth chart that came out.

1) Green
    2) Huereman
    3) Derby

So... kind of shocked by that order to be honest.

How has Derby been doing in TC? I have not seen much on him good or bad? What about Jeff H? Green has been green, but I fully expected TE to be a major part of our offense this year. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks!

With Green #1, I expect that means he'll be helping with the running game blocking, especially in the beginning of the season until we know what we have with the new o-line. He is like a 6th o-lineman. With Joey Bosa in game 1, we may need some help!
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Derby should be at worst #2
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Derby should be at worst #2
    Why? Has he shown any ability to block like Green? Especially if we require TEs who can block and catch I could see how Jeff may be ahead of Derby overall...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Why? Has he shown any ability to block like Green? Especially if we require TEs who can block and catch I could see how Jeff may be ahead of Derby overall...
    Derby has had an outstanding TC, and I haven't even heard Jeff's name mentioned in games or TC

Remember this depth chart is going into preseason game three. Things can change.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

To put it frankly, we aren't good enough at this position right now. And having a reliable TE would go a long way for Siemian. Even though I think Butt will be good, he's more of a Kyle Rudolph than a Travis Kelce.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    To put it frankly, we aren't good enough at this position right now. And having a reliable TE would go a long way for Siemian. Even though I think Butt will be good, he's more of a Kyle Rudolph than a Travis Kelce.
    Kyle Rudolph is a darn good TE, if Butt is equal to him down the line I will be ecstatic

Derby has had an outstanding TC, and I haven't even heard Jeff's name mentioned in games or TC
    In what phases of the game? What was he asked to do in TC....

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He doesn't have to be a Kelce.

In what phases of the game? What was he asked to do in TC....
    Catch the ball, which he has

Catch the ball, which he has
    Right and that is great...but if Jeff has caught the ball as well and has showed a better ability to block then I could see why he would be #2.

Right and that is great...but if Jeff has caught the ball as well and has showed a better ability to block then I could see why he would be #2.
    Except no one has tweeted that he has, and he was never a good blocker in college

Except no one has tweeted that he has, and he was never a good blocker in college
    Are you sure about that? I thought he was known as a good block in college

Virgil Green was not a blocker in college and develop that role in the NFL. The fact is that Heuerman has the size and the strength to be a blocker. He is reportedly a beast in the weight room. Heuerman even got a bigger role as the blocking TE late last season.

I would not pay too much attention to that depth chart. It's the same chart as before the 1st game of preseason; they just removed the "OR" between Trevor and Paxton.

Do you really believe De'Angelo Henderon is the #5 RB? He already looks more like the #2 RB based on camp and preseason.

I guess the coaching staff just decided to put the in-line TEs at #1 and #2 and then put the move TE, Derby, at #3. That does not mean anything in terms of playing time in actual games.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607