Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,462

    Denver getting calls about trading TJ Ward (Merged)

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ts-for-tj-ward

    T.J. Ward might be on the move.

    The Denver Broncos have received calls from and engaged in trade conversations with other teams regarding the veteran Pro Bowl safety, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday.


    Ward, who is entering the final year of his four-year pact with the organization, is owed $4.5 million in base salary. A pioneering member of the "No Fly Zone" Broncos secondary, he is slated to start this season with free safety Darian Stewart.

    However, as NFL Network's James Palmer noted, Denver is enamored with their young safeties Will Parks and Justin Simmons, both of whom the team drafted in 2016.

    With the Broncos' defense under new management -- secondary coach Joe Woods was promoted to defensive coordinator in the offseason after Gary Kubiak retired and Wade Phillips shipped off to warmer pastures -- Ward, due to his contract and the emerging talent around him, looks to be the odd man out in the renovation
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,342
    as I was saying in the other threads before they disappeared is that this is likely due to how much the FO believes in Simmons and Parks. I hope we get immense trade value from Ward, who is a huge member of the No Fly Zone. I personally believe he is worth a starting a QB or a high draft pick, quite possibly a first. He is an elite player who immediately makes your team better. If we trade, I certainly hope its for something big
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Per source, Broncos are actually making -- not receiving -- calls about a trade of S T.J. Ward.

    Per pro football talk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    as I was saying in the other threads before they disappeared is that this is likely due to how much the FO believes in Simmons and Parks. I hope we get immense trade value from Ward, who is a huge member of the No Fly Zone. I personally believe he is worth a starting a QB or a high draft pick, quite possibly a first. He is an elite player who immediately makes your team better. If we trade, I certainly hope its for something big
    Hm I think that's a bit high for a player in the last year of his deal. I do think he was worth good value on the market. Perhaps a high level OG.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,342
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Per source, Broncos are actually making -- not receiving -- calls about a trade of S T.J. Ward.

    Per pro football talk
    wow. That means they really don't want to pick up the tab on his contract. Makes sense with the rookies that we have. Let's hope we get something good out of this trade then
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,462
    Remember last year when we were all bemoaning missed tackles and bad coverage by him? I think that plays into it which who is waiting in the wings....

    Which is too bad.... because his big hits were a thing a beauty!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,342
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Hm I think that's a bit high for a player in the last year of his deal. I do think he was worth good value on the market. Perhaps a high level OG.
    I think a lot of teams will see him as an elite piece to the defense. He did miss a lot of tackles and played poorly in coverage, but there's an element to him in being such a hard hitting safety that is pretty rare imo in the league. But if the Broncos do get a good trade, such as maybe Zack Martin (RG) from the Cowboys, I'd be ok with that. I just hope they don't sell him off for a 4th or 5th or something like that
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,342
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Remember last year when we were all bemoaning missed tackles and bad coverage by him? I think that plays into it which who is waiting in the wings....

    Which is too bad.... because his big hits were a thing a beauty!
    yeah, his beastly hits are what makes TJ Ward, TJ Ward. If we trade him off, I'll definitely miss him for that.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,397
    If the Broncos are making calls about him trying to find a trade, it means he's gone. If they don't find a trading partner he'll be cut. I appreciate what he did helping the Broncos win the Super Bowl, but last year he wasn't very good, way too many missed tackles.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    538

    Denver getting calls about TJ Ward

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ding-t-j-ward/

    Thoughts? If they could get a younger player on the d-line i'd be all about it. Think Justin Simmons is ready

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    as I was saying in the other threads before they disappeared is that this is likely due to how much the FO believes in Simmons and Parks. I hope we get immense trade value from Ward, who is a huge member of the No Fly Zone. I personally believe he is worth a starting a QB or a high draft pick, quite possibly a first. He is an elite player who immediately makes your team better. If we trade, I certainly hope its for something big
    As much as you, myself and many other fans who love this guy, know way any team gives a 1st rounder for a 30 year old safety. At best I bet we receive a 3rd or 4th for him, imo.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    If we got something that helped us at a different position, I'd be all for it. I love the tenacity that Ward brings. But, fact is, he was a bad tackler in open space last year. We already know he isn't the best in coverage. So, unless he picks it up this year, will he not continue that trend? We have two good young safeties to replace him and possibly Orion Stewart or Carter to replace their spot as a backup and special teams.

    However, it'd have to be for something good. I'd hate for us to trade him for a bag of marbles. The players do seem to really like Ward and he appears to love it here as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,342
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    As much as you, myself and many other fans who love this guy, know way any team gives a 1st rounder for a 30 year old safety. At best I bet we receive a 3rd or 4th for him, imo.
    in my heart I know you're right. I really am a big fan of Ward and all he's done for us. Would hate to see him go at all, but with Simmons looking as good as he is it's understandable.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,718
    Ward is huge to the energy of our defense. He's more valuable to us than what we'd get in a trade IMO

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,650
    I can't see Denver cutting Ward for $4 million in savings. I understand trading him but to cut him makes no sense imo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •