Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Denver getting calls about trading TJ Ward (Merged)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ts-for-tj-ward

T.J. Ward might be on the move.

The Denver Broncos have received calls from and engaged in trade conversations with other teams regarding the veteran Pro Bowl safety, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday.

Ward, who is entering the final year of his four-year pact with the organization, is owed $4.5 million in base salary. A pioneering member of the "No Fly Zone" Broncos secondary, he is slated to start this season with free safety Darian Stewart.

However, as NFL Network's James Palmer noted, Denver is enamored with their young safeties Will Parks and Justin Simmons, both of whom the team drafted in 2016.

With the Broncos' defense under new management -- secondary coach Joe Woods was promoted to defensive coordinator in the offseason after Gary Kubiak retired and Wade Phillips shipped off to warmer pastures -- Ward, due to his contract and the emerging talent around him, looks to be the odd man out in the renovation
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

as I was saying in the other threads before they disappeared is that this is likely due to how much the FO believes in Simmons and Parks. I hope we get immense trade value from Ward, who is a huge member of the No Fly Zone. I personally believe he is worth a starting a QB or a high draft pick, quite possibly a first. He is an elite player who immediately makes your team better. If we trade, I certainly hope its for something big
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Per source, Broncos are actually making -- not receiving -- calls about a trade of S T.J. Ward.

Per pro football talk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    as I was saying in the other threads before they disappeared is that this is likely due to how much the FO believes in Simmons and Parks. I hope we get immense trade value from Ward, who is a huge member of the No Fly Zone. I personally believe he is worth a starting a QB or a high draft pick, quite possibly a first. He is an elite player who immediately makes your team better. If we trade, I certainly hope its for something big
    Hm I think that's a bit high for a player in the last year of his deal. I do think he was worth good value on the market. Perhaps a high level OG.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Per source, Broncos are actually making -- not receiving -- calls about a trade of S T.J. Ward.

Per pro football talk
    wow. That means they really don't want to pick up the tab on his contract. Makes sense with the rookies that we have. Let's hope we get something good out of this trade then
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Remember last year when we were all bemoaning missed tackles and bad coverage by him? I think that plays into it which who is waiting in the wings....

Which is too bad.... because his big hits were a thing a beauty!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Hm I think that's a bit high for a player in the last year of his deal. I do think he was worth good value on the market. Perhaps a high level OG.
    I think a lot of teams will see him as an elite piece to the defense. He did miss a lot of tackles and played poorly in coverage, but there's an element to him in being such a hard hitting safety that is pretty rare imo in the league. But if the Broncos do get a good trade, such as maybe Zack Martin (RG) from the Cowboys, I'd be ok with that. I just hope they don't sell him off for a 4th or 5th or something like that
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Remember last year when we were all bemoaning missed tackles and bad coverage by him? I think that plays into it which who is waiting in the wings....

Which is too bad.... because his big hits were a thing a beauty!
    yeah, his beastly hits are what makes TJ Ward, TJ Ward. If we trade him off, I'll definitely miss him for that.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

If the Broncos are making calls about him trying to find a trade, it means he's gone. If they don't find a trading partner he'll be cut. I appreciate what he did helping the Broncos win the Super Bowl, but last year he wasn't very good, way too many missed tackles.

Denver getting calls about TJ Ward

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ding-t-j-ward/

Thoughts? If they could get a younger player on the d-line i'd be all about it. Think Justin Simmons is ready

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    As much as you, myself and many other fans who love this guy, know way any team gives a 1st rounder for a 30 year old safety. At best I bet we receive a 3rd or 4th for him, imo.

If we got something that helped us at a different position, I'd be all for it. I love the tenacity that Ward brings. But, fact is, he was a bad tackler in open space last year. We already know he isn't the best in coverage. So, unless he picks it up this year, will he not continue that trend? We have two good young safeties to replace him and possibly Orion Stewart or Carter to replace their spot as a backup and special teams.

However, it'd have to be for something good. I'd hate for us to trade him for a bag of marbles. The players do seem to really like Ward and he appears to love it here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    As much as you, myself and many other fans who love this guy, know way any team gives a 1st rounder for a 30 year old safety. At best I bet we receive a 3rd or 4th for him, imo.
    in my heart I know you're right. I really am a big fan of Ward and all he's done for us. Would hate to see him go at all, but with Simmons looking as good as he is it's understandable.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Ward is huge to the energy of our defense. He's more valuable to us than what we'd get in a trade IMO

I can't see Denver cutting Ward for $4 million in savings. I understand trading him but to cut him makes no sense imo