Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How about this for a backup QB? - Osweiler

Brock Osweiler. Knows the system and proved he could win with our defense. I'm just saying for a couple games until Paxton gets healthy. Makes sense to me.

No.

10 char

It is not going to happen

No way he takes a pay cut since his salary this year is guaranteed.

He probably will never make that kind of money again in the NFL...tho honestly maybe someone can convince him otherwise...I mean he was convinced that going to Houston was a good idea in the first place so this dude is stupid....or maybe he realizes he is not that good and the guaranteed money he already got is going to be the only REAL money he is going to make in his NFL career.

No way anyone trades for a qb making 16 mil with Oz's resume

Btw he knows the system? Since when did he play with McCoy or Vance?

I can see maybe Elway giving him another shot once we can sign him for cheap...but at 16 mil....no way
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Brock gave the Denver Bronco organization and the Rocky Mountain region the finger on his way out of town to Houston. That bridge seems to be permanently destroyed.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Tebow knows McCoy's system better than Osweiler and can be had for far less.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Tebow knows McCoy's system better than Osweiler and can be had for far less.
    I somehow do not think that Tebow's throwing motion would have improved from playing Baseball, and you could probably not find a fanbase where Tebow's presence would be worse if Trevor should turn out to be more Kyle Orton than Peyton Manning. Though Tebow anno 2011 failed when compared to Peyton Manning anno 2012-2014 there might be many that would rather see grinding wins than prettier losses.

Hopefully we can get to see TS develop into a top 10 QB.

Quote Originally Posted by crp24lbc View Post
    Brock Osweiler. Knows the system and proved he could win with our defense. I'm just saying for a couple games until Paxton gets healthy. Makes sense to me.
    Statements like this should be a ban-able offense on this forum lol.

You don't just bring in a QB without having to pick up a contract or pay him somehow. And you don't pick up his contract or pay him somehow to have him play a couple of games while Paxton gets healthy. This isn't fantasy football. No plug and play here my friend.

Besides, lots of bad blood between Oz and the Broncos. And he really doesn't know this system because it is different now. He played under Kubes which is a completely different system than McCoy's.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

1. Osweilers rookie year he did play for McCoy so he would know the system better than a random QB

2. We won't have to worry about his contract cuz the Browns are going to cut him making his contract their problem, not ours. Oz's contact has offset language in the deal so we could sign him to the league minimum after the Browns cut him and everybody wins

3. I know the bad blood is there but if u just need a guy for a game or 2 if something happens to Trever I would rather Brock who at least spent a season with McCoy than whatever other scrub QB that gets cut

Sloter will be fine if needed
    Last edited by dipablo; 08-30-2017 at 06:32 AM.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

No thanks. He has a bright future in Scottsdale delivering pizzas - he had great form holding a pizza during a scuffle.

How does he know our system? He was never apart of the Mike McCoy offense, nor has he worked for Vance before. Itd all be new for him. Plus he sucks.

The one year he played under McCoy as a rookie was all the Peyton offense. So I do not count that as a year in McCoys offense. Plus that was a long time ago now and he's shown he isn't real good at learning any offense.
    Last edited by Brakshow; 08-30-2017 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Not to get off the subject of osweiler but I need to ask, how well has Patrick Mahomes performed this preseason?

Because if he's performed enough to win the starting job,then one would think that Alex Smith would be cut from the Kansas City Chiefs.

All I'm saying is if that happens we could very well be cheering for Alex Smith in the Denver uniform this season. Now before you guys come at me with the torch and pitchforks remember stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not to get off the subject of osweiler but I need to ask, how well has Patrick Mahomes performed this preseason?

Because if he's performed enough to win the starting job,then one would think that Alex Smith would be cut from the Kansas City Chiefs.

All I'm saying is if that happens we could very well be cheering for Alex Smith in the Denver uniform this season. Now before you guys come at me with the torch and pitchforks remember stranger things have happened.
    Reid has named Alex Smith the starting quarterback already
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I'd go with Siemian and Sloter personally. Trade Paxton off to NYJ or JAX