Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Malik Jefferson(texas) was a beast against usc. total utter beast around the ball constantly making plays consistently

i also feel ROjo or ronald jordan from usc is a gonna be a budding star in the nfl we could get in the 2-5 rounds. depending on the number of the rest of the season. he came in bigger and running with alot more power with still that great burst

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Malik Jefferson(texas) was a beast against usc. total utter beast around the ball constantly making plays consistently

i also feel ROjo or ronald jordan from usc is a gonna be a budding star in the nfl we could get in the 2-5 rounds. depending on the number of the rest of the season. he came in bigger and running with alot more power with still that great burst
    What about C. Johnson from Texas?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

If we take a RB, I want Kallen Ballage from Arizona State

He is way overrated as it stands. I graduated from Texas and got to watch him all of last season, and believe me when I say he was terrible. He was flying around and making plays against USC, but played bad football against Maryland and during the rest of his career, especially when it comes to discipline in the run game, and also had questionable effort.

With that said, if he can turn a corner he's worth a look, but the amount of bad football I've seen from him is discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Outside of the big name guys, one guy that flashed to me this weekend

Roquan Smith ILB Georgia showed some serious speed, and had some good pop vs ND.
    He's another player I followed since HS, and he was a TREMENDOUS athlete coming out.

Fun fact: UCLA's DC was set to leave, but Mora had him wait until after signing day to get recruits to come on board. Roquan committed live on ESPN, but heard the rumors, didn't send in his LOI, and spurred them to join Georgia about a week or two later. I've been a fan of him since

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If we take a RB, I want Kallen Ballage from Arizona State
    If we take a RB I wish it would be this guy: Saquon Barkley from Penn State. Of course I hope we would have to trade up a long ways to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I've been ready to move on from DT for a while (given the right scenario). If we are thinking a QB extension is up for discussion next year...
    DT is a top 5 WR in the league 5 straight 1000 yard seasons and gonna get back to his normals of 1300-1400 yards this season.

oakland raders gm

Rojo is legit. Carr is crazy good. USC backs don't get the love they deserve. There's always a different pretty good one entering the league. Justin Davis went undrafted last year but made the Rams and looked great in camp.

Rojo has the size/speed. He'll get drafted high enough

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Rojo is legit. Carr is crazy good. USC backs don't get the love they deserve. There's always a different pretty good one entering the league. Justin Davis went undrafted last year but made the Rams and looked great in camp.

Rojo has the size/speed. He'll get drafted high enough
    he looks alot better then last year i as i said. i love how much tougher he is running. and he will gain more strength in the nfl.

oakland raders gm

DT is a top 5 WR in the league 5 straight 1000 yard seasons and gonna get back to his normals of 1300-1400 yards this season.
    He is also going to be hitting 30 and carries a big cap number. He will be more valuable to a team in need of a #1 WR than we are. Right now we are looking like a man short from a great OL Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern all look like solid pieces for next year. Add another OT and a piece for better depth inside; combine that with CJ, Booker, and Henderson next year and we should be a top 5 running team (actually predicted we hit 2000 yards this year).

Also will have Butt and Henderson healthy hopefully. Just do not see the need for DT's cap when we have younger guys to lock up. Believe running the ball and great defense is our identity.
    Last edited by MHSalute; 09-23-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

He is also going to be hitting 30 and carries a big cap number. He will be more valuable to a team in need of a #1 WR than we are. Right now we are looking like a man short from a great OL Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern all look like solid pieces for next year. Add another OT and a piece for better depth inside; combine that with CJ, Booker, and Henderson next year and we should be a top 5 running team (actually predicted we hit 2000 yards this year).

Also will have Butt and Henderson healthy hopefully. Just do not see the need for DT's cap when we have younger guys to lock up. Believe running the ball and great defense is our identity.
    none of our WR has proven they can be a good complimentary piece out side of sanders. i am think we can address the o-line in the draft. we need to keep sanders and DT around we have no one with the physical skills that DT. there is very few WR with his size speed. he has good hands and been showing up. if we trade DT our passing game will take a huge step back and we will go from having 2 WR who could start on most teams to 1. henderson flower sunshine and mckenzie can not match the production that DT puts up, and i doubt they do it combined this year. moving him expecially this early would be a huge mistake.

DT reminds me of TO, size speed type of game. the fact niether has the greatest hands but both where huge with speed and a big play threat any time they are on the fieild. T.O, was also productive till he was 35. i think thiomas has at least 5 to 6 years being a really good WR.

DT is a Number 1 WR in the prime of his career. it'd be a terrible move to get rid of him.

also 30 is a number for running backs there are plenty WR that have been successful into there mid 30tys they don't take as many hits as a running back or some other positions
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 09-23-2017 at 03:18 PM.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
    Akrum Wadley RB Iowa- Could bring different style to our stable of backs. Good receiver.
    Wadley had very little room last night, but you could see a few of his moves when he got some space.

On a side note Barkley is on a completely different level. Speed,power,vision,receiving, his skill set is off the charts.

To bad we will have no shot at the guy in the draft. Stil think Wadley would be a nice mid-late round back to bring in.

none of our WR has proven they can be a good complimentary piece out side of sanders. i am think we can address the o-line in the draft. we need to keep sanders and DT around we have no one with the physical skills that DT. there is very few WR with his size speed. he has good hands and been showing up. if we trade DT our passing game will take a huge step back and we will go from having 2 WR who could start on most teams to 1. henderson flower sunshine and mckenzie can not match the production that DT puts up, and i doubt they do it combined this year. moving him expecially this early would be a huge mistake.

DT reminds me of TO, size speed type of game. the fact niether has the greatest hands but both where huge with speed and a big play threat any time they are on the fieild. T.O, was also productive till he was 35. i think thiomas has at least 5 to 6 years being a really good WR.

DT is a Number 1 WR in the prime of his career. it'd be a terrible move to get rid of him.

also 30 is a number for running backs there are plenty WR that have been successful into there mid 30tys they don't take as many hits as a running back or some other positions
    As they saying goes, "you can't keep them all" and Barrett, Paradis, Roby, and TS should all be locked up. We will see how the season goes, but TS is spreading the ball around. I think you can replace the 6-9 targets that goes DT's way. The better we run the ball, the less we need two great WRs. Running the ball brings the safety in and we see more single high S. Sunshine seems to do just fine vs man coverage and I am just not sure there would be much fall off in this case.

Drafting a good WR and saving the cap space is a way to go, we are talking 17.5M cap savings for 2019...pretty big.
    Last edited by MHSalute; 09-24-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

As they saying goes, "you can't keep them all" and Barrett, Paradis, Roby, and TS should all be locked up. We will see how the season goes, but TS is spreading the ball around. I think you can replace the 6-9 targets that goes DT's way. The better we run the ball, the less we need two great WRs. Running the ball brings the safety in and we see more single high S. Sunshine seems to do just fine vs man coverage and I am just not sure there would be much fall off in this case.

Drafting a good WR and saving the cap space is a way to go, we are talking 17.5M cap savings for 2019...pretty big.
    roby will get talib constract and we have a decent spot. getting rid of our best WR is still not a good idea. paradis will get paid and barret and/or ray will leave adventually

oakland raders gm

Deshon Elliot from Texas has put up some good numbers the past two weeks. I'm usually wary of single high safeties in college as their INTs almost always never translates but I don't think he's as limited as guys like Rahim Moore or Gerod Hollimon. Malik Jefferson looked pretty good too in that game.

DT Mike Ramsay from Duke kept flashing tonight. Real squatty player at 6'2" and listed everywhere from 280-300, he looks like he's 300 right now. Very stout at the point of attack and surprisingly quick as a pass rusher with solid hand technique. Doesn't have a ton of production prior to this year but he's likely a mid to late round pick, he'd be a solid rotational guy.

Kept hearing the announcers say Hercules Mata'afa and he looked pretty solid. Did some quick research on him and he seems like the Michael Bennett of college dlinemen. Not sure he's fast enough to be a 3-4 OLB but he looks like a solid prospect.