Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

American Horror Story: Cult

Surprised Eb didn't post about this yet.

New season started last night. I have it recorded but haven't watched yet.

Not sure if they'll keep my interest this year though as it's rumored to be super political and trending towards last years elections.

The clown from freakshow is due back though which could be awesome.

So... many... clowns...I LOVED it!!!!! I'll save the spoilers.. but yes, Twisty is back in this episode.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post

So... many... clowns...I LOVED it!!!!! I'll save the spoilers.. but yes, Twisty is back in this episode.
    So I finally finished it Eb. The clowns and "Purge" view to the show was awesome.

But I had the political tones and implications that trump has created a Purge like environment. I don't support him and some real bad things have happened already but the show is a bit extremely dramatic about it. Granted it's all hypothetical but it's still pretty much implied on real life.

I hope they don't spend too much time dwelling on that and more time focusing on the clown/Purge aspect of it.

Watched it a couple nights ago...loved it

My take is that Kai (Evan Peters) and Ally (Sarah Paulson) are super exaggerated caricatures of the people who thought/think Trump's victory would either save America or damn it to oblivion. I'm hoping that will be a starting point for a story line that evolves further afield...or perhaps it will move into something that shows both extremes of belief could be considered cult-ish by those not as emotionally invested. Time will tell
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So I finally finished it Eb. The clowns and "Purge" view to the show was awesome.

But I had the political tones and implications that trump has created a Purge like environment. I don't support him and some real bad things have happened already but the show is a bit extremely dramatic about it. Granted it's all hypothetical but it's still pretty much implied on real life.

I hope they don't spend too much time dwelling on that and more time focusing on the clown/Purge aspect of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Watched it a couple nights ago...loved it

My take is that Kai (Evan Peters) and Ally (Sarah Paulson) are super exaggerated caricatures of the people who thought/think Trump's victory would either save America or damn it to oblivion. I'm hoping that will be a starting point for a story line that evolves further afield...or perhaps it will move into something that shows both extremes of belief could be considered cult-ish by those not as emotionally invested. Time will tell
    If they keep this season going the way it started this thread will need to be moved into P&R, so we need to be mindful of that.

That being said.. I agree with both of you that I hope that was just a jumping off point.

If they keep this season going the way it started this thread will need to be moved into P&R, so we need to be mindful of that.

That being said.. I agree with both of you that I hope that was just a jumping off point.
    Since P&R has been locked down since the beginning of training camp, I'm hoping the show does move on quickly or any discussion of AHS:Cult may be ultimately headed for oblivion

Good point and I'll try to refrain from putting any emotion into future posts about it.

And Dennis had a good point that it was extremes from both sides which is kind of fair.

But I would really rather not have a season chaulk full of bias towards any perceived real life environment.

The clowns and Purge work well so let's hope they build on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Since P&R has been locked down since the beginning of training camp, I'm hoping the show does move on quickly or any discussion of AHS:Cult may be ultimately headed for oblivion
    Ha! Shows you how little I've been around lately. Oops.

Loved episode 2!! The political undertones were toned down a bit with a lot more emphasis on scary clowns in scary situations.

I just hope they can keep this solid story line going for 13 episodes cuz sometimes the show struggles with originality for that long and even changes the story midway through.

Just saw episode 2 last night...loved it! The scene with Kai soliciting Ally's vote was brilliant

Pretty decent episode this week. Not as good as the first two but still good. That poor hamster or whatever it was.

This clown cult is pretty crazy. And I'm starting to wonder if the psychiatrist leads it. Since he seems to be taking the fears he hears in the sessions and making them real. But maybe that's too easy.

Also am I the only one who doesn't like the lead actress? I forget her name but I've never really been a fan of hers since her first introduction back at the end of season 2. And now the show seems to think she is the most important cast member since Jessica Lange left. When their MVP should be even peters.

I really can't stand her though.

Ha! Shows you how little I've been around lately. Oops.
    Loved episode 2!! The political undertones were toned down a bit with a lot more emphasis on scary clowns in scary situations.

I just hope they can keep this solid story line going for 13 episodes cuz sometimes the show struggles with originality for that long and even changes the story midway through.
    Just watched episode two. Trying not to look forward and spoil three which I'll watch tonight.

Pretty decent episode this week. Not as good as the first two but still good. That poor hamster or whatever it was.

This clown cult is pretty crazy. And I'm starting to wonder if the psychiatrist leads it. Since he seems to be taking the fears he hears in the sessions and making them real. But maybe that's too easy.

Also am I the only one who doesn't like the lead actress? I forget her name but I've never really been a fan of hers since her first introduction back at the end of season 2. And now the show seems to think she is the most important cast member since Jessica Lange left. When their MVP should be even peters.

I really can't stand her though.
    Eh.. I didn't mind this third episode. It's showing us how he has created his "gang" and the fears he's feeding off to recruit them.

I agree fully on Evan, though. He is the star. Watching him grow and seeing the different characters over the seasons has really impressed me. When/if AHS ends or if he leaves, I can see him doing big things in entertainment.

Eh.. I didn't mind this third episode. It's showing us how he has created his "gang" and the fears he's feeding off to recruit them.

I agree fully on Evan, though. He is the star. Watching him grow and seeing the different characters over the seasons has really impressed me. When/if AHS ends or if he leaves, I can see him doing big things in entertainment.
    Evan Peters is so perfectly cast in this role. He just kind of has those "crazy eyes" - that brooding intensity that just brings uneasiness with his character's appearance alone; kind of like John Malkovich.

He's a great actor, no question.

The most recent episode was episode 4 last night Eb not three.

I actually found it by far the worst of the season so far. Way too much of the political stuff we are dealing with in real life right now. When I sit down to watch tv and Unwind I donít really want to keep seeing all the reflections of real life drama.

It just had the one random clown seen which was weird like they just had to force a hey see we are still a horror show.

I also didnít like the tease of bringing Emma Roberts back. I was excited only to be quickly disappointed.

Oh and the constant jumping forward and back in the timeline was annoying.

Anyway I can forgive one bad episode. Iím still into the season for now.