Broncos Waive DT Kyle Peko (Again)

Broncos waived K. Peko today. He must really be looking bad in practice because this team is woefully thin on the defensive line.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...ampaign=buffer

Perhaps his injury is still nagging him. Perhaps we call up Jarrett. I don't expect a vet signing.

Maybe with Krick out they want someone with DT/DE versatility? Do we have someone to plug in who can do that?
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

When signing a practice squad member like Jarrett, which comes first, signing the practice squad member or releasing the 53-man member? Seems like you would sign Jarrett and then waive Peko.

Anyone know how we have navigated this scenario previously?

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    When signing a practice squad member like Jarrett, which comes first, signing the practice squad member or releasing the 53-man member? Seems like you would sign Jarrett and then waive Peko.

Anyone know how we have navigated this scenario previously?
    You can only have 53 on the roster, so Denver couldn't sign Jarrett before waiving Peko, they had to create the roster opening before doing so. They'll likely reverse the process on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You can only have 53 on the roster, so Denver couldn't sign Jarrett before waiving Peko, they had to create the roster opening before doing so. They'll likely reverse the process on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    yes but if memory serves they usually announce the "call up" in the same post as the roster cut/ release. I find it curious that was not done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    yes but if memory serves they usually announce the "call up" in the same post as the roster cut/ release. I find it curious that was not done here.
    Usually but not always. Might be an accounting thing, I'm not sure.

Maybe a gamesmanship thing, although Jarrett seems the obvious choice. Harris is going to get a big share of work in this game. I hope he takes advantage.

that's not looking good imo. Of our d-line, only Domata Peko and Harris are at 100%. Next is hoping Gotsis will perform decently despite having shoulder issues and Wolfe to not be affected by his sprained ankle, despite being ready. And now, Jarrett, an UDFA who was on the practice squad, is supposed to be the answer at depth? I don't know about this.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    that's not looking good imo. Of our d-line, only Domata Peko and Harris are at 100%. Next is hoping Gotsis will perform decently despite having shoulder issues and Wolfe to not be affected by his sprained ankle, despite being ready. And now, Jarrett, an UDFA who was on the practice squad, is supposed to be the answer at depth? I don't know about this.
    The answer is that they'll probably play in a lot of 40 sets. They've shown a lot of that in the preseason anyways, but we'll just see more of it in base downs.

I saw earlier that they may be in the process of a making a move for Athryba Rubin. Not sure how true it is but I believe it was Znicki Jhabvala that reported it.

FINALLY!

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...-active-roster

Broncos promote defensive lineman Tyrique Jarrett to active roster
    The Denver Broncos are hurting for depth along the interior of the defensive line, so promoting Tyrique Jarrett to the 53-man roster just made sense.
    by Tim Lynch@TimLynch1978 Sep 11, 2017, 12:39pm MDT
    TWEET

Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
    With both Jared Crick and Zach Kerr ailing with a couple of injuries, the Denver Broncos were looking pretty thin in the middle of the defensive line. Well, not anymore. They have added the big man Tyrique Jarrett to the roster just in time for the game with the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday Night Football.

Follow
    Mike Klis ✔ @MikeKlis
    Broncos have added much needed DL depth by promoting rookie DT Tyrique Jarrett from practice squad per source. #9sports
    1:44 PM - Sep 11, 2017
    6 6 Replies 37 37 Retweets 102 102 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Jarrett is a 335 pound rookie nose tackle out of Pitt who was seen as a 3-4 run stopping beast coming out of college. He won’t make much impact in the pass rush, but if he can eat up blocks it would free up the defensive line to plug the inside run plays.
    To me this seemed like it was an intentional delay tactic by VJ. Last minute addition and I expect him to play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I saw earlier that they may be in the process of a making a move for Athryba Rubin. Not sure how true it is but I believe it was Znicki Jhabvala that reported it.
    probably not anymore, they just activated Tyrique Jarrett from the practice squad for depth.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/11...rique-jarrett/
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

probably not anymore, they just activated Tyrique Jarrett from the practice squad for depth.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/11...rique-jarrett/
    Jarrett looked quite good out there.