Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    8,103
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the trevor siemian man sammich was served up last night. lol

    http://www.chargers.com/video/2017/0...ritical-moment

    i feel bad for the DL guys, they played good enough to win and the rest of the team came out flat.
    Now your just trolling. Oh but I shouldn't say that! I may be accused of crying... SMH
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-12-2017 at 05:29 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago via California
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    kind of like the multiple cheap shots the broncos defense made on cam newton last year in the season opener, am i right?

    by the way arapaho, when are you going to admit how wrong you were about melvin ingram after trashing him for literally years?

    oh let me guess, you are still going to mention how few sacks he had when he as injured?
    I find it disgusting that you would divert the attention off of Ingram's
    unsportsmanlike conduct.

    I think we can all agree when a professional football player,
    in this case, Melvin Ingram at 6'2 245+ pounds intentionally
    spear heads/dives into a defenseless QB's head it is HORRIFIC.

    Siemian was lucky to walk away from Ingram's dirty hit with his career and
    mental faculties intact.


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    who's making excuses now?

    what's good for the goose is good for the gander. besides, how the hell is he supposed to tackle TS with those t rex arms?

    all smack aside, ive never seen so much crying from a fan of a winning team, are you alright dude?
    crying...lol so that's the feel good mechanism you have employed to feel better about being clueless about your team...he if you need to

    be a man and admit what barny did was classless, and meant to intentionally injure siemian.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,659
    It's plays like this that made me disgusted with football.

    What do you expect? Do you expect the laws of physics to cease to exist the moment a player is airborne? The man was airborne at nearly the exact moment the ball left the QB's hand. Going in ultra slow motion makes it look like he had all the time in the world to react, when in reality you are talking about milliseconds.

    The guy will probably be fined and/or suspended because the NFL is all about the people wearing tutus on the field (Quarterbacks). You can't look at them the wrong way, and if fans are too loud and they (the QB's) can't speak clearly then the other team is penalized. They may as well just switch it to the NFFL, National Flag Football League.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It's plays like this that made me disgusted with football.

    What do you expect? Do you expect the laws of physics to cease to exist the moment a player is airborne? The man was airborne at nearly the exact moment the ball left the QB's hand. Going in ultra slow motion makes it look like he had all the time in the world to react, when in reality you are talking about milliseconds.

    The guy will probably be fined and/or suspended because the NFL is all about the people wearing tutus on the field (Quarterbacks). You can't look at them the wrong way, and if fans are too loud and they (the QB's) can't speak clearly then the other team is penalized. They may as well just switch it to the NFFL, National Flag Football League.
    so despite your physics lesson......we aint talking about the timeing of the hit

    were talking about lining up and intentionally launching your helmet into a qbs head...he lowered his head and used the top of his helmet to spear siemian in the head...he didn't target his shoulder, his chest his waist, which nobody would take issue with...he intentionally targeted his head..with his helmet

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It's plays like this that made me disgusted with football.

    What do you expect? Do you expect the laws of physics to cease to exist the moment a player is airborne? The man was airborne at nearly the exact moment the ball left the QB's hand. Going in ultra slow motion makes it look like he had all the time in the world to react, when in reality you are talking about milliseconds.

    The guy will probably be fined and/or suspended because the NFL is all about the people wearing tutus on the field (Quarterbacks). You can't look at them the wrong way, and if fans are too loud and they (the QB's) can't speak clearly then the other team is penalized. They may as well just switch it to the NFFL, National Flag Football League.
    Not really. Would make sense of Trevor was out running around but he wasn't he was fairly stationary. So he knew exactly what he was doing because even if Trevor didn't throw the ball he was still aiming for the head. Not that hard to go for the chest on a stationary target. Now if Trevor was dropping to protect himself like after a catch i don't agree with those head hits as the defender really can't do anything about that.

    But a QB standing still has no reason to go high. I didn't like it last year when Marshall did it but even then was a QB running and switching back to a an right before the line of scrimmage and even then he shouldn't have gone high and should have gone for the chest or lower.

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    That doesn't matter. If a QB holds onto a ball too long, even inside the pocket, and a defender reaches him and forces him to the ground, that is a sack. Defenders want those. It doesn't matter if he's running around like a headless chicken, or if he's standing like a statue as Dan Marino or Bernie Kosar did.



    No, he was aiming for the QB because he wanted the sack. If he went low, that would be a problem as well. Because then, the argument would be made that he was going after the QB's knees. Sure, he shouldn't have led with his helmet and instead his shoulder, but even then, he would be in trouble because of how it looked. The point is, no matter what the defender did, aside from breaking the walls of physics and building a brick wall between himself and the QB in the milliseconds after both the ball leaving the QB's hand and the defender's feet leaving the ground, he was in a no-win situation.



    In the milliseconds before the hit, had the QB dropped lower to protect himself, it would have made it worse as then the defender's helmet would likely have hit the QB in the head. Then, it would have been far worse.

    I don't really want to continue the conversation, I just wanted to put in my two cents. That being, that it is semantics like this that make football unbearable.

    fail CB fail...the qb did not duck, he did not move...and ingram lowered his head and launched himself into trevors head

    you can whine all you want about physics...hitting a qb in the head is a penalty...intentionally spearing him in the head is dirty...you cannot defend this play

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,614
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the trevor siemian man sammich was served up last night. lol

    http://www.chargers.com/video/2017/0...ritical-moment

    i feel bad for the DL guys, they played good enough to win and the rest of the team came out flat.
    The dline guys were giving up 4 plus yards per carry wont be winning a lot of games that way with out a top of the line secondary like Denvers
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,392
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    clearly a fairweather smack talker on these forums somewhere.
    Fairweather lol! I'm sorry baphs I didn't brag all preseason how denver was gonna win, how'd that work out for you this year? Howd you like those Elway draft picks last night:
    Bolles, Siemien, Janovich, Paradis, McGovern, Simmons, Roby, Von, Gotsis, Parks, Walker, Heurman, Garcia, Dixon, McKenzie, Latimer, Green for a guy you claim can't draft he had a lot of his picks contributing last night

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    26,283
    honestly never seen fans cry so much after their team won the game


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,283
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    then how come you were all not disgusted by your team doing it to cam newton? in fact dude had to launch himself upwards twords cam's head, he was clearly trying to hit him in the head and you all laughed it off.

    just pointing out the obvious double standard.
    what i clearly stated earlier in third thread I didn't like Brandon Marshall doing it last year but keep ignoring facts to keep your point even though it is wrong.

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    26,283
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    what i clearly stated earlier in third thread I didn't like Brandon Marshall doing it last year but keep ignoring facts to keep your point even though it is wrong.
    many many of you were here laughing about it, i can't remember who in particular and i honestly don't care.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    then how come you were all not disgusted by your team doing it to cam newton? in fact dude had to launch himself upwards twords cam's head, he was clearly trying to hit him in the head and you all laughed it off.

    just pointing out the obvious double standard.
    cam newton was running the ball...you understand that? he was running the ball and at the last split second pulled back and threw it

    cam newton uses his running ability as a regular part of the offense with numerous called and designed runs for him as well as those he has the option ...you can cry all you want to

    but that in itself is entirely different than a defender running at a stationary qb and launching with the crown of his helmet and targeting the qbs head

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,283
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    many many of you were here laughing about it, i can't remember who in particular and i honestly don't care.
    Well now you are spinning. So next time trying using facts instead of made up information unless you don't know the definition of all. Which to help you out means

    used to refer to the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or thing

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Larned, Kansas
    Posts
    907
    http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-ex...mian-107348208


    Melvin Ingram can expect a FedEx from the league office.

    The Chargers' edge rusher committed a dirty play in the fourth quarter of Monday night's season-opener against the Broncos, when he launched head-first into the neck area of quarterback Trevor Siemian -- targeting, in other words.

    Ingram was flagged for roughing the passer, but his wallet is likely to take a hit, as well. Former NFL vice president of officiating and current FOX Sports rules analyst Mike Pereira predicts the cheap shot will draw a fine.

    This wouldn't be the first such penalty for Ingram, who in 2012 was docked more than $15,000 for lowering the crown of his helmet into the chin of Saints QB Drew Brees.

    The NFL needs to take a hard, long look at their options with Ingram to ensure this doesn't happen again. It's obvious that merely fining him a chunk of his game salary hasn't deterred his illegal play.

    Despite absorbing multiple blows throughout the night, Siemian emerged from the Week 1 win unscathed, looking no worse for wear. But Broncos coach Vance Joseph admitted they "absolutely" must ensure their starting signal-caller remains upright going forward.

    "The pass protection was not that good," Joseph said Tuesday. "Again, we were facing two elite rushers in [OLB Melvin] Ingram and [DE Joey] Bosa. We knew it was going to be a chore, but we have to be better there. It was too much pressure on [QB] Trevor [Siemian]. There were too many whiffs as far as blocking those speed rushers. It’s got to get better.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •