Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Surprised they chose him over Kilgo, he knows the playbook better, is a big body with more athleticism, and he's younger. I thought he played very well as a rookie in our super bowl run

So jared has a crick in his back? Wish him the best of luck!

Kilgo is still a fa?
    Glen Haven Fire

I like the signing. Played for Seattle and was a key member of the defense the last 2 seasons is encouraging. We needed help in the run game which he will provide. I'm sure he's played against Dallas and could help slow down Dallas run game.

Good signing

Ok now that all of that is out of the way how do you say his name?

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I think we waited for monetary reasons. But, he's been very stout against the run in the past. He doesn't add anything to our passrushing. So, I think this was a quality pickup based on our pass defense being a little more of a sure thing at this point. Whereas our run D needs more proof of being much improved.
    He's had his fair share of ups and downs. As a whole though we have needed depth at the DT position. But now we need more Dlinen as well. Don't they play different roles though? Crick is a DE and Ahtyba is DT if I'm not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He's had his fair share of ups and downs. As a whole though we have needed depth at the DT position. But now we need more Dlinen as well. Don't they play different roles though? Crick is a DE and Ahtyba is DT if I'm not mistaken
    Hybrid brought in to play the run?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hybrid brought in to play the run?
    Maybe. I'm sure Sam, Butler, or Frey can fill in his expected role. He probably won't start till next week though

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ok now that all of that is out of the way how do you say his name?
    I would go with Mr Rubin.

Maybe. I'm sure Sam, Butler, or Frey can fill in his expected role. He probably won't start till next week though
    If I had to guess, we'd put him in vs the run on 1st down or 2nd and short and then put someone else in on passing downs. He'll likely be rotational, I wouldn't anticipate him getting a bulk of the snaps, but really that just depends on how well he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I would go with Mr Rubin.
    Hahaha I was looking for "Rubin stuffs em for a loss"!

Hahaha he'll be ok making the transition. This staff will see to it!

rotational nt allowing kerr to move to a run stuff de when he is healthy would be my predicion

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

This is a recent summary from PFF. While not much of an upgrade - he seems far better than Crick.
    PFF on Rubin
    Finally, a change of scheme for free agent addition Ahtyba Rubin failed to generate any improvement in performance for the former Brown. Rubin struggled in his 480 snaps, finishing at 79th amongst defensive tackles, with a 68.4 grade. He mustered just three QB knockdowns in 227 pass rush snaps.

PFF on Crick
    Malik Jackson was known for his pass-rushing ability, but was also a very capable run defender. His replacement Jared Crick on the other hand was not. Crick finished 108th out of 117 interior defenders in run defense.
    Bronco Bob

I believe this is an upgrade for our D.
    Rubin is better against the run and Shelby Harris provides the pass rushing. Gotsis had one good game but indications point him as trending the right direction.

Honestly, Crick should not have been a starter this year.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    Honestly, Crick should not have been a starter this year.

Im with you on this.....too soon.

Rubins a savvy VET who can play when motivated. If he can help stuff Eliot, the team may have finally found Maliks replacement