Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by imahardkase View Post
    Good post. I agree with the points you made. What I'll add, is that I can see a situation very easily where Rookie Contract Siemien (RCS) basically turns in to Kirk Cousins. The constant under appreciation (you could go as far as saying disrespect) based on draft status, constantly having to win the job (fans are already talking about another "open competition" next year cuz they like Kelly and Lynch was a 1st round pick), etc...

I mean how long would it take before you or I got a little disgruntled with our employer in this scenario? At that point, I think modern QBs are going to look at Kirk Cousins as the model for getting what you want ($50 mil in franchise tags) and ultimately a franchise QB contract with the team of your choice.

I'm sure Siemien is all in on the Broncos right now, but you can bet his agent is watching a lot more Redskins games this year. I'm all for re-signing him right now even to "real QB" money in the 16-20 mil range on the chance that he's for real and continues to develop. But also to avoid the Kirk Cousins scenario. We all know that contracts are team friendly. If he bombs, then Elway is most definitely not shy about redoing the contract or... faxing over the release papers.
    I think they've handled Cousins perfectly. I really don't think he's very good. Sean McVay and their WR corps the last 2 years covered his blemishes to make him look like he's good when he's really not. He's not very accurate and he's not good under pressure. His numbers look good on paper but when you actually watch him play against a team that's got an above average defense, you can see what I'm talking about.

these hot take shows are mind numbing

let me guess: Shannon says Siemian is the GOAT and Skip says Siemian is the worst starter in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    I think they've handled Cousins perfectly. I really don't think he's very good. Sean McVay and their WR corps the last 2 years covered his blemishes to make him look like he's good when he's really not. He's not very accurate and he's not good under pressure. His numbers look good on paper but when you actually watch him play against a team that's got an above average defense, you can see what I'm talking about.
    65.7% career accuracy is actually very good. Brady's career is 63.7%, Peyton Manning 65.3%, Joe Montana 63.2%, Dan Marino 59.%, John Elway 56.9%.

I think the Skins gambled and lost hoping to get Cousins on the cheap because he wasn't a high draft pick. Cousins is a good QB in this league and has numbers to prove it. By using the franchise tag, he's been paid near top money anyway, two years in a row now. They would have been better to sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal at the price a QB was two-years ago. Now if the sign him they'll pay more and if they FT him a again, it will be very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    these hot take shows are mind numbing

let me guess: Shannon says Siemian is the GOAT and Skip says Siemian is the worst starter in the league?
    Always how those type of shows go. Each person chooses a side even if they don't believe it and then just argue argue argue to try and get ratings up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    65.7% career accuracy is actually very good. Brady's career is 63.7%, Peyton Manning 65.3%, Joe Montana 63.2%, Dan Marino 59.%, John Elway 56.9%.

I think the Skins gambled and lost hoping to get Cousins on the cheap because he wasn't a high draft pick. Cousins is a good QB in this league and has numbers to prove it. By using the franchise tag, he's been paid near top money anyway, two years in a row now. They would have been better to sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal at the price a QB was two-years ago. Now if the sign him they'll pay more and if they FT him a again, it will be very expensive.
    Not completion percentage... accuracy. They're not the same thing. You can complete passes that aren't accurate. It's the difference between having to stop and catch a pass for 5 yards, or being hit in stride so you can turn upfield and get 15 yards. Like I said, watch games from last year against good opponents. He wasn't good. And he's not very good so far this season either. He should've been able to light up the Eagles secondary. They're bad. Cousins had a QBR of 35 (and 29 this week). Trev's was 82 against Dallas and 67 against the Chargers.
    Last edited by bigdog1002; 09-20-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Well, if it means anything to you guys... Trevor's first 16 game stats are significantly better in every meaningful category than Brady or Manning's first 16. Not saying he is, or will become either one of those guys, but it's a heck of a great place to start.

Also, the discussion of the "7th rounder coming out of him" is ridiculous. The GOAT was selected at the BOTTOM of the 6th round. He was almost a 7th rounder himself, and Brady was healthy. TS had a blown knee and would have Definitely been selected higher if he would have put together a full season at Northwestern.

I'm the biggest TS fan there is and have been since his first throw in the NFL, but I'm still looking at his game with healthy skepticism. Do I hope TS becomes our franchise QB for the next 10-15 years? Absolutely! However, he still has a lot to prove.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 09-20-2017 at 09:21 AM.

It will be a while that Trevor gets the credit or maybe never . The kid has shown he's got the moxy since his first yr. Anyone who expects him to be Brady are not thinking clearly. However it's quite odd how he rips him for the short tosses but praises Brady for the same thing . The most important question is can TS continue to play as he has the last 2 weeks . If he can be consistent we've got our Qb . I'm not partial to any qb on the team . I root for them all for different reasons. I love TS attitude and the way he conducts himself. Some people are so into draft status but the way I see we may have a gold mine in him being such a late draft pick . Hes playing excellent right now and deserves some props , as do the line , the running game and Defense . Things are looking good for Bronco fans so let's relish the moment 🖒

Skip Bayless did exactly what he is paid to do. He is on a "Point/Counter Point" show where Sharp is given one side to take, and Bayless has to take the opposite side. Otherwise, there's no show. And Denver has a long history of these "formula" contrarians. Anybody remember TJ Simers? His job was to put down the home team. Pure and simple. And we've had a dozen "TJ Simers" since he left Denver. You have somebody who insults the home team, unmercifully, and it illicits the exact reaction we are seeing on this Thread. It's good for "ratings", and it causes people to read the story and react. And of course, Denver is the perfect target of the "East Coast Sports Media" that pays no attention to what is going on in a western "cow town" that's out in the middle of nowhere.

That's why Carson Wentz, in Philadelphia, is a Franchise QB, and Trevor Siemian isn't. And that's even though Siemian had better stats than Wentz had last season. Did you hear what Bayless said? He, like many on this board, invoked the "7th Round Quarterback" argument against Siemian, completely ignoring that Siemian was a 4th or 5th Round Draft choice until he tore his ACL in his Senior year. When Siemian makes a mistake, to the intellectually lazy, it's because Siemian was taken in the 7th Round, and not that he is young and still learning, only beginning his 2nd Season as a Starter. And did anyone here Bayless refer to the Dallas team as "My Cowboys", and later talked about how great and superior the Dallas offensive line is? Please............. But hey, that's what Bayless gets paid to do.

TS won't buck the "7th rounder" label until after he wins the SB this year.

**Siemian wins SB 52 and SB MVP**

Mainstream Media 2018 Training Camp Headline:
    "It's Paxton's job to lose going into year 3...."

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I find it interesting that people expect him to be an already, fully developed QB when he hasn't gotten there yet. The notion that he's supposed to be Brady or Manning in his 2nd year is just ridiculous.

Of course he has things to improve. Of course he has things to work on. But jeez, can we please give him the time to do it? Can we please give him time to develop?

I feel that there are unrealistic expectations put on him and I just don't get it.

It feels to me like people want him to be playing like a QB who has been playing for 3,4,5 or 6 years already and it's crazy.

He does need to learn to throw the ball away sooner instead of taking those bad sacks. He does need to work on longer throws with accuracy. But those things are fixable.

But it seems to me that Brady has won 5 SBs with his dink and dunk offense and an occasional long ball. So it works.

But I just don't get the constant narrative that he's supposed to already be perfect or way down the road when he hasn't gotten there yet. Drives me nuts. Brady or Manning in year 2?

You don't find that unfair or unreasonable?
    It's all due to MSM, some just can't grasp the fact TS is A 7th round draft pick, and therefore will never ever amount to anything in the NFL.
    Thus the constant clamoring for Lynch who was A first round pick.
    It's definitely unfair for Trev, but, until TS shows he does belong being a starting QB, the lazy narrative of Trev not being a NFL QB will remain until proven otherwise.
    I for one was one of the few pounding the table saying Trev would beat out Sanchez and people here thought I was nuts. But slowly but surely more have came to the conclusion he is a NFL starting caliber QB.
    Last edited by hawaiiiancrush; 09-20-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    **Siemian wins SB 52 and SB MVP**

Mainstream Media 2018 Training Camp Headline:
    "It's Paxton's job to lose going into year 3...."
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    It's all due to MSM, some just can't grasp the fact TS is A 7th round draft pick, and therefore will never ever amount to anything in the NFL.
    Thus the constant clamoring for Lynch who was A first round pick.
    It's definitely unfair for Trev, but, until TS shows he does belong being a starting QB, the lazy narrative of Trev not being a NFL QB will remain until proven otherwise.
    I for one was one of the few pounding the table saying Trev would beat out Sanchez and people here thought I was nuts. But slowly but surely more have came to the conclusion he is a NFL starting caliber QB.
    I watched the Dallas game again and other things I saw him doing this time which showed growth was him calling audibles at the LOS, using his cadence in an attempt to draw them offsides and the famous Peyton Manning hand signals.

Didn't see any of that last year. He's improving on many different levels and has a high ceiling, imo.

Yea, he even got called for a false start for using his hands, as Peyton had a couple times the last year.

Say all you want about Skip, the fact is, he engaged us in a discussion, which is great in my opinion. Regardless of if you agree with him or not. I've enjoyed reading other people's posts in this thread because of him.