Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos: Best Team In The AFC West?

Can a case be made for the Broncos as the best team in the division at this point?

I think the way Siemian is playing and the way the o-line is blocking in the running game have changed the pespective on this team that did not have much of an offense last season.

Thanks to the improved offense and the usual defense with an improved run defense, the Broncos are in the discussion when the media talk about the best division in the NFL.

The Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders look so close right now. The 3 QBs are playing at a high level. The 3 defenses can rush the passer.

If we are going to make a case for the Broncos, I would say the Chiefs don't have the same quality of WRs and their secondary is not as deep. Then, the Raiders have the QB, o-line and WRs but they don't have the same level of defensive play besides Khalil Mack.

By the way, I can't wait for Shane Ray to get on the field and make the pass rush even better.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Ray Lewis not only can get away with murder but also knows a damn good football team when he sees one.

It's early and the discussion will evolve as the season moves forward but at this point Denver can't be ignored - and that isn't at the expense of the Chiefs or Raiders. The AFCW is hands down the best division right now with good arguments for the best team in the league of each of it's three undefeated teams.
    Last edited by Rastic; 09-21-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Can a case be made for the Broncos as the best team in the division at this point?

I think the way Siemian is playing and the way the o-line is blocking in the running game have changed the pespective on this team that did not have much of an offense last season.

Thanks to the improved offense and the usual defense with an improved run defense, the Broncos are in the discussion when the media talk about the best division in the NFL.

The Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders look so close right now. The 3 QBs are playing at a high level. The 3 defenses can rush the passer.

If we are going to make a case for the Broncos, I would say the Chiefs don't have the same quality of WRs and their secondary is not as deep. Then, the Raiders have the QB, o-line and WRs but they don't have the same level of defensive play besides Khalil Mack.

By the way, I can't wait for Shane Ray to get on the field and make the pass rush even better.
    Yes, Denver can make a case. If the run D holds up, we certainly have the best defense. Offensively, the keys are Siemian and Anderson. If both can continue their high level of play Denver looks like the most balanced team in the division. However, we do have one glaring flaw and that is pass protection. If Watson gets destroyed the next couple of weeks the team must find a solution, whether internally or via trade.

Too early to tell.

We are one Tackle, Guard, or Center going down with an injury from a big change in the team's outlook.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Too early to tell.

We are one Tackle, Guard, or Center going down with an injury from a big change in the team's outlook.
    Can't the same be said for most teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Can't the same be said for most teams?
    Maybe. But, can any team be optimistic when Watson and Stephenson are their Tackles?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Maybe. But, can any team be optimistic when Watson and Stephenson are their Tackles?
    When Bolles went out, Stephenson had two snaps. After that, it was Barbre at LT. That told me something. When Bolles comes back, we'll see about Watson.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

We'll find out in a few weeks, there will be some division games played that will determine who is who. If this defense plays like it has been I don't know how we can't be the best not only in our division but in the AFC in general.....

The only team we need to be better than right now is the Bills. There are no Superbowl winners in week 2.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Three good teams making a case for division best. Remember too, The Chargers are one kicker away from possibly being 2 and 0.

Way too early. Need 2 more games from each team to make an educated decision.

Nnnn......We see later.
    I'm surprised at all the rose colored optimism after two games, none on the road.

Only 2 games and at home, but what makes me feel good about the Broncos playing on the road is this o-line blocking in the running game. Teams that can run travel well.

I don't consider Stephenson an issue (yet) because he's a backup for now. Even a Super Bowl team like the Falcons has Sambrailo as the backup OT. Considering how bad the o-line play has been around the league, I'd say very few teams have a quality backup OT when it already is hard enough to get 5 quality starters.

The only true weakness, the only factor that I can see putting the Broncos season in danger so far is Menelik Watson. I'm glad this o-line is putting on a show in the running game, allowing McCoy to get the best out of the passing game, and Siemian is getting rid of the ball quickly most of the times but... Sooner or later, Watson's deficiency in pass protection might take its toll.

A key point of the season will be the next game when we will see Watson against Khalil Mack.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Only 2 games and at home, but what makes me feel good about the Broncos playing on the road is this o-line blocking in the running game. Teams that can run travel well.

I don't consider Stephenson an issue (yet) because he's a backup for now. Even a Super Bowl team like the Falcons has Sambrailo as the backup OT. Considering how bad the o-line play has been around the league, I'd say very few teams have a quality backup OT when it already is hard enough to get 5 quality starters.

The only true weakness, the only factor that I can see putting the Broncos season in danger so far is Menelik Watson. I'm glad this o-line is putting on a show in the running game, allowing McCoy to get the best out of the passing game, and Siemian is getting rid of the ball quickly most of the times but... Sooner or later, Watson's deficiency in pass protection might take its toll.

A key point of the season will be the next game when we will see Watson against Khalil Mack.
    Right now it seems getting Watson some help is improving the passing attack and holding off the left OLB's. However, in my opinion if Watson could handle his side of the ball we wouldn't have to worry about losing a player to stopping the rush. Trevor needs as many targets as he can get, and Watson literally costs a receiver to block someone. I will say though his ability to aid the run game is helping set up the pass, so what we have now is...workable, rather than completely useless like last season with Stephenson. Kubiak also seemed to leave the tackles on islands as well, which cost Siemian big time. I still remember how the Saints defense looked insane against us last year.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!