Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
Results 976 to 985 of 985
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I disagree. It was there. They easily could have gotten it if it wasn't for a bad snap taking Henderson off course, giving the edge defender a good angle on him. It was about execution, not the call. In terms of the situation I can see why some people might not like it. But, in terms of how the Bills were set up, it was definitely not a bad call.
    No respect for a good defense on the road. On the wrong side of the 50 yard line.
    They deserve to lose.

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It felt like they were trying to hard to force plays in the 2nd half, the game hadn't gone exactly like they hoped and they started to panic.

    With a young coach and QB we sorta lack the leadership needed to calm everybody done and let the game play out, because usually when you start trying to force things, bad stuff happens.

    Had we punted at that point and stuck with our game plan we probably win a close one, or pull away late in the 4th. I know we all hated Fox's hand clapping, but that's exactly what was needed in a game like this, encourage the players and let things play out, don't try to force it with a ridiculous fake punt deep in your own territory.

    VJ is young, he will learn (hopefully)
    I agree with you. They played like they had a rookie coach at the helm.

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    No respect for a good defense on the road. On the wrong side of the 50 yard line.
    They deserve to lose.
    Again, I disagree that it means they don't have respect for their defense. In fact, I think it showed the opposite. But, they had the numbers, the Bills were not positioned well. If the long snapper puts the snap on Henderson's chest, it was a first down. It came down to a player not executing. Not coaching on that play.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 09-24-2017 at 07:42 PM.

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Again, I disagree that it means they don't have respect for their defense. In fact, I think it showed the opposite.
    Sounds good, It worked out great!

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Sounds good, It worked out great!
    Oh. You're one of the hindsight 20-20 people.. I see. Again, it came down to a player not executing. The coaches correctly saw something that was there. If the player does what they're supposed to, it would have worked.

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Oh. You're one of the hindsight 20-20 people.. I see.
    No,,,,, I dont believe you do it in your own territory thats all, rookie mistake.
    Not getting personal.

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,121
    Kirk is balling out.

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    No,,,,, I dont believe you do it in your own territory thats all, rookie mistake.
    Not getting personal.
    But, if the snapper does his job, the broncos pick up the first. They had the numbers. Possibly gives them momentum. I can completely understand why they would take the risk. You don't like the call, cool. That doesn't make you right. Not every call is a bad call just because it didn't work out. Players have to execute. Just because a player doesn't execute doesn't mean it was a bad call. For example, the poor snap is no different than if they a player drops a pass on 4th down. In each case, if the player does their job, they succeed. Doesn't mean the coach didn't put them in position to succeed.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 09-24-2017 at 07:55 PM.

  9. #984
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    So now we're so sensitive in football that we award a new set of downs ..... automatic first down and 15 yards for THAT?

    a fake hand shake?

    I'm getting so over PC crap
    It wasn't a hand shake issue. It was unsportsmanlike. Very unlike Von, as others said he pulled a Talib. I love the Broncos, but I really wish all that kind of stuff would stop.
    That said, no way it cost us the game. Letting Tyrod Taylor go 20-26 for over 200 yds and 2 TD was the problem.

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Westminster
    Posts
    4,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    It wasn't a hand shake issue. It was unsportsmanlike. Very unlike Von, as others said he pulled a Talib. I love the Broncos, but I really wish all that kind of stuff would stop.
    That said, no way it cost us the game. Letting Tyrod Taylor go 20-26 for over 200 yds and 2 TD was the problem.
    it was at a pivotal point in the game where we could have slowed their momentum and pulled out a victory.
    I really like Cheese.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •