Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    IT has a very good relationship with Malone, and seems content being the guy in the 2nd unit. So I think it's a good move. Plus the salary dump was much needed, and we got it out of the way early. An excellent series of moves.
    If I'm looking at it correctly trading Faried and Arthur got us under the luxury tax threshold.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/cap/

We're only 1 bad Plumlee contract away from clearing enough space to extend Murray or sign another big impact FA while staying under or near the luxury tax threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    If I'm looking at it correctly trading Faried and Arthur got us under the luxury tax threshold.

We're only 1 bad Plumlee contract away from clearing enough space to extend Murray or sign another big impact FA while staying under or near the luxury tax threshold.
    The FO is slowly clearing away mistakes. The Plumlee extension was a compound on an already terrible Nurkic deal

Ya we should be 8.6m under the cap so we can use most of our MLEs and full bi-annual exceptions

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but Millsap will be a very intriguing trade asset for a team that feels like theyre a piece away from the playoffs or from contending. An expiring contract with a club option for a 2nd year. We could recoup some draft capital while clearing space for a big name like Towns in the FA class.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    This will probably be an unpopular opinion but Millsap will be a very intriguing trade asset for a team that feels like theyre a piece away from the playoffs or from contending. An expiring contract with a club option for a 2nd year. We could recoup some draft capital while clearing space for a big name like Towns in the FA class.
    I would be fine with that if we got a blue chip younger FA like KAT.

The FO is slowly clearing away mistakes. The Plumlee extension was a compound on an already terrible Nurkic deal
    I'm glad we got rid of Nurkic now because Jokic is obviously a better player overall at this point. We've done some pretty dumb things like trading away Mitchell and Gobert, etc

I would be fine with that if we got a blue chip younger FA like KAT.
    Towns seems to be the most logical as hes a stretch 4 that can play both 4 and 5 and hes a lot younger than Millsap. The only problem I see would be that hes pretty bad on defense from what I read. If we could pull a miracle out of our butt and get Anthony Davis though, itd be hard to pick against this team.

Im already pretty sure weve given up on being a good defensive team by virtue of making Barton the starting SF even though hes terrible on defense and then compounding that with signing Thomas to presumably lead the bench unit. Well be able to run and gun with damn near anybody if we got KAT though. Unfortunately I believe thats a poor philosophy. But if the team catches fire at the right time anything can happen, itll just never be a dynasty
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 07-13-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Butler is a huge Broncos fan too

Should just go all in and give Jabari Parker an offer sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Should just go all in and give Jabari Parker an offer sheet.
    I like Jabari, and think he will be really good. I also think we have something special in MPJ. I think MPJ has a higher ceiling, so I wouldnt commit the funds to Jabari. Save for a run a Jimmy Buckets

I like Jabari, and think he will be really good. I also think we have something special in MPJ. I think MPJ has a higher ceiling, so I wouldnt commit the funds to Jabari. Save for a run a Jimmy Buckets
    Parker is a Bull, and next year Butler will be a Knick. Besides you don't want Butler, he doesn't fit your offense. He wants to play at a slow pace and hoist shots up or pass with 1-2 seconds on the clock
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 07-14-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Parker is a Bull, and next year Butler will be a Knick. Besides you don't want Butler, he doesn't fit your offense. He wants to play at a slow pace and hoist shots up or pass with 1-2 seconds on the clock
    Meh who is the last big name FA to sign with the Knicks? Amare? I'll believe him in Kyrie teaming up there when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Butler on DHO with Jokic would be legit, plus his elite defense. He would thrive here.

Butler on DHO with Jokic would be legit, plus his elite defense. He would thrive here.
    Don't forget that his defense thrived in the East
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!