• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joshua2585
    All-Pro
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Now if they could just somehow figure out how to win some road games down the stretch they should be able to make a push for a reasonable first round series. That maybe doesn't involved Golden St or Houston.
    He has more triple-doubles in his first 3 years in the league than Lebron! 10 to Lebron's 9! I think it's a record? Heard that on the radio yesterday.

Comment

• MarkB
      All-Time Great
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
      He has more triple-doubles in his first 3 years in the league than Lebron! 10 to Lebron's 9! I think it's a record? Heard that on the radio yesterday.
      Jokic is the only 4th player to do it in the last 50 years

Magic Johnson, 31
      Grant Hill, 24
      Jason Kidd, 15
      Nikola Jokic, 10

sigpic
      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• MarkB
        All-Time Great
        • Nov 2011

Apparently Jokic just got fastest triple-double in NBA history. Jokic had 16/10/10 in only 14:33

Jim Tucker was the fastest with one at 17 minutes. Westbrook was second fastest with one at 17 minutes, 46 seconds
        sigpic
        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• the0rangecrush
          Captain
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
          Apparently Jokic just got fastest triple-double in NBA history. Jokic had 16/10/10 in only 14:33

Jim Tucker was the fastest with one at 17 minutes. Westbrook was second fastest with one at 17 minutes, 46 seconds
          Now I'm no expert, but methinks that's pretty good.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• the0rangecrush
            Captain
            • Apr 2009

This Jokic guy is pretty good, I think we should keep him

Comment

• Houshmazode
              The Mountaineer
              • Sep 2006

Jusuf who?
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

So the Nuggets seem to be getting hot at just the right time. Heading into the break 6 games over .500. But only 1 game up on the 9th seed. And those pesky Jazz are coming.

I'm not sure 12-12 down the stretch will be good enough in the West this year like it would've been a year ago. I'm thinking more along the lines of 14-10 or 16-8 to make the playoffs. Definitely 16-8 to have a chance to hold onto the 6th seed and avoid the monsters at the top.
                sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2005

Excellent game in spite of the piss poor officiating.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                    Captain
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    Excellent game in spite of the piss poor officiating.
                    Yup Jokic 3rd straight triple double, Gary Harris was a stud, and Chandler stepped up big.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jun 2007

Emmanuel Mudiay starting to show his potential with the Knicks. Hornacek really working on fixing his shot. I am going to hate watching him become what we thought he’d be when we drafted him while I watch Devin Harris brick his way out of the NBA.

Edit: Paul Millsap is back and isn’t looking incredibly rusty. Unfortunately it gives Trey Lyles a very minimal role and I thought he played well in Millsaps absence
                      Last edited by beastlyskronk; 02-27-2018, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                        Captain
                        • Apr 2009

And with this loss we drop to 9th in the West. Another year, and we are going to end up the bridesmaid again

Comment

• DenverBlood
                          Football Immortal
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          Emmanuel Mudiay starting to show his potential with the Knicks. Hornacek really working on fixing his shot. I am going to hate watching him become what we thought he’d be when we drafted him while I watch Devin Harris brick his way out of the NBA.

Edit: Paul Millsap is back and isn’t looking incredibly rusty. Unfortunately it gives Trey Lyles a very minimal role and I thought he played well in Millsaps absence
                          Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          And with this loss we drop to 9th in the West. Another year, and we are going to end up the bridesmaid again
                          Both of these are due to the complete joke of a hire we made as HC 3 years ago. We hired a below .500 career coach and expected him to work miracles. I can't remember our record 2 years ago but is he even over .500 in his tenure with the Nuggets? I guarantee you a Mark Jackson, Steve Kerr, Greg Popp, Phil Jackson type would have this team hovering over the 40 win mark. But when people continue to think the keys to Mile high success are run and gun with 0 attention to the defense you aren't going to accomplish much.

I will excuse the fact that NBA scores across the board seem to be extremely high this year. So we aren't too far off the norm. But you still can't expect to win when allowing 122 points in a home game. It's absolutely atrocious.

The GK teams could run and gun with the best of them but they could still keep teams between the 100-105 mark. At least until playoffs when they couldn't play half court basketball. But if people want to just continue to watch shootouts for the "excitement" this team will never get over the hump. Quite honestly I'm sick of it.

I would like to see them turn it around and make the playoffs. But maybe on the bright side if we don't then Malone will be fired.

Really not too surprised he failed to properly develop Mudiay either. And a better coach is capable of it.
                          sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jun 2007

The starters looked great on defense for stretches last night. Then Murray and Jokic went out for Plummer and Harris and all the energy went out the door. Marjanovic was ridiculous last night and they just gave up on guarding him opting to trap the ball handler when he set a screen and no one could box him out.

I think that Murray three at the end should’ve been an and one which would’ve put us up and possibly changed the outcome

Comment

• darryn16
                              Captain
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              The western conference is just too stacked with good teams. It may be years before the Nuggets find themselves in the playoffs.....

Comment

• Bronco51
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2005

Clutch win tonight!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X