X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

I still want Malone fired but it won’t happen. They’ll make excuses about nearly making it and Millsap being out half the season.

Can’t wait to miss the playoffs as the 9 seed again next year.
    sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
      Captain
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I still want Malone fired but it won’t happen. They’ll make excuses about nearly making it and Millsap being out half the season.

Can’t wait to miss the playoffs as the 9 seed again next year.
      Yup forever trapped in mediocrity. I wanted Malone guy for a long time, but it won't happen.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Bronco51
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

Good news, I'm optimistic because they did lose Milsap for 40+ games and still made it close. Bad news, that dang loss to the Mavs came back to bite them.

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Good news, I'm optimistic because they did lose Milsap for 40+ games and still made it close. Bad news, that dang loss to the Mavs came back to bite them.
          The problem I have with the Millsap injury excuse is they were dicking around before he got injured. Struggling to play defense and losing games they shouldn't have prior to his injury. And as you mentioned with Dallas they were still doing it when he came back. All it came down to after 82 games was 1 night of showing up on the road against a scrub team. 1 single game going the other way and last night wouldn't have mattered. If you can't get motivated in November because it's a long grueling season then you shouldn't be on the roster.

I mean I want to be optimistic but it's just going to wind us up in the same disappointment in a year. ESPN had us rated as the 8th best team to start the season. 8th!! So improving our win total by what 5 games? Despite his injury. I don't want to hear it. This team under achieved.

And the lottery never falls our way. So we'll take another mid level talent guy around 14-15 that continues to load us up on depth with no real star talent.

By the way I went back and looked at the NBA scheduling and we haven't had a home game for game 82 since 2013-2014 season. It wasn't as far back as I thought and we did win 1 of the road games. But if I recall it was as an already eliminated team. We gotta stop letting things come down to the wire and have our win and in game be on the road. That's why November and December matters.
          sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2007

Malone treats his rotation like a guy playing 2k. No reason for Trey Lyles not to get minutes with Millsap and Chandler shooting so poorly. No real effort was made to develop Beasley or Hernangomez. Craig looked like a decent rotation player but his minutes were sporadic at best. We gave up on Mudiay for an old PG who could barely get 5 ppg. His personnel decisions are extremely questionable. If Mark Jackson is coming back into coaching, we should absolutely look at him.

Millsap never seemed to click with the offense even before he was hurt. He also didn’t get after on the boards like I remember him doing for Atlanta and Utah. Ultimately I feel like our record was a natural progression and we could’ve did the same without Millsap.

I’m hoping we can get Kevin Knox and Malik Newman in the draft to replace Barton/Chandler. Also I want Plumlee and Harris gone somehow someway.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
              Football Immortal
              • Jun 2007

Also Jokic only shot 4 free throws. But this guy shot 10. I warn you, the following is disturbing and only intended for mature audiences

In traditional DownToBuck fashion, I've saved the worst for last. The absolute worst. You are looking at, right now, the most awful highlight video I've made...

If he’s getting those calls (half of which could’ve been called on him) how come Jokic can’t?

Comment

• The Experience
                All-Pro
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                Malone treats his rotation like a guy playing 2k. No reason for Trey Lyles not to get minutes with Millsap and Chandler shooting so poorly. No real effort was made to develop Beasley or Hernangomez. Craig looked like a decent rotation player but his minutes were sporadic at best. We gave up on Mudiay for an old PG who could barely get 5 ppg. His personnel decisions are extremely questionable. If Mark Jackson is coming back into coaching, we should absolutely look at him.

Millsap never seemed to click with the offense even before he was hurt. He also didn’t get after on the boards like I remember him doing for Atlanta and Utah. Ultimately I feel like our record was a natural progression and we could’ve did the same without Millsap.

I’m hoping we can get Kevin Knox and Malik Newman in the draft to replace Barton/Chandler. Also I want Plumlee and Harris gone somehow someway.
                Absolutely no to Mark Jackson. The guy is a cancer. There is a reason he hasn't got a coaching job since GS fired him.
                sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                  Captain
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                  Absolutely no to Mark Jackson. The guy is a cancer. There is a reason he hasn't got a coaching job since GS fired him.
                  I cant stand mark Jackson. His comments during our playoffs series a few years back were awful. That whole series has disgusting in multiple levels
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• HUMCALC
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2011

Curry credits him with making that team, and he also credits him with making him who he is today
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• DenverBlood
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      Curry credits him with making that team, and he also credits him with making him who he is today
                      But Kerr took them to the next level.
                      sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        But Kerr took them to the next level.
                        He did but Mark Jackson turned them around and stabilized the team. Jackson’s worst season was the season Curry only played in 20 or so games and Thompson was a rookie. I think he could help Murray find some consistency with his shot

Comment

• DenverBlood
                          Football Immortal
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          He did but Mark Jackson turned them around and stabilized the team. Jackson’s worst season was the season Curry only played in 20 or so games and Thompson was a rookie. I think he could help Murray find some consistency with his shot
                          I wasn’t bashing Mark Jackson. I would much prefer him to Malone despite his antics during our playoff series.

I was just responding that even if Jackson built the team per Curry it was Kerr that got them to championship level. Although if Mj had Durant as well he probably would win a ring too.
                          sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

Absolutely ecstatic the Nugget won as many playoff games as the Blazers this year.
                            sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

So Toronto and Milwaukee both make the playoffs, exit earlier than they had hoped and fire their HC's as a result.

Yet we are still stuck with Malone for another year. Ugh
                              sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jun 2007

Maybe Elway can work some magic and get Paul George here. I know he’s a huge Broncos fan so I can dream

Comment

Working...
                                X