Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Maybe Elway can work some magic and get Paul George here. I know he’s a huge Broncos fan so I can dream
    If we're dreaming...how about LeBron? LeBron is friends with Kroenke and Malone was an assistant coach during LeBron's first stint with the Cavs.I doubt he'll come here, but we're dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    If we're dreaming...how about LeBron? LeBron is friends with Kroenke and Malone was an assistant coach during LeBron's first stint with the Cavs.I doubt he'll come here, but we're dreaming.
    I saw that whole mutual interest stuff cuz he respects Milsap. I don't really buy it though. I don't see him joining the Nuggets and having to compete with both Houston and GS. I mean if we could somehow financially swing PG and Lebron without hurting too much of our current core that would be sweet and they could compete. But I just don't see it ever happening.

He's going to the LAL. Especially, if there's a chance of playing with LeBron
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    He's going to the LAL. Especially, if there's a chance of playing with LeBron
    I think Lakers fans are going to wind up disappointed in this hyped up summer for the fan base. I don't really see Lebron choosing the Lakers. And if he doesn't I have no idea why PG would choose the Lakers over staying in OKC. OKC has a lot more talent around him than the Lakers can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I think Lakers fans are going to wind up disappointed in this hyped up summer for the fan base. I don't really see Lebron choosing the Lakers. And if he doesn't I have no idea why PG would choose the Lakers over staying in OKC. OKC has a lot more talent around him than the Lakers can provide.
    He's from the LA area, they're probably his childhood team. As sad as it sounds some athletes do not care about having a chance to win and other things are a more of a priority. Not saying that is PG but it could be.

From multiple reports, teammates hate playing with Russell Westbrook. That could push George out. BTW abbreviating George is confusing, as his initials are the same as Point Guard
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I saw that whole mutual interest stuff cuz he respects Milsap. I don't really buy it though. I don't see him joining the Nuggets and having to compete with both Houston and GS. I mean if we could somehow financially swing PG and Lebron without hurting too much of our current core that would be sweet and they could compete. But I just don't see it ever happening.
    Iím no NBA cap expert by any means (is anyone really lol) but from what I can gather is that weíre already in the luxury tax. Chandler and Arthur opting out of their player options would be great for us and probably allow us to possibly work out something with one top tier free agent. Right now having Faried and Plumlee on the books is really hamstringing us. I think Plumlee got a fully guaranteed contract from us so thereís not much we can do about that. Iím not sure about Faried but compensation is always the issue when it comes to him, seems like we value him more on our bench than getting a wing that can actually contribute.

Hopefully we can pawn Faried off on another team and we can actually get that Donovan Mitchell player in the draft like how Utah did us. Lyles was actually a pretty good rotation player for us but that trade made no sense to me, why trade the pick for a PF and a rookie PF after signing Millsap and having Hernangomez?

Alas itíll come down to the draft, I donít see us retaining Barton this offseason, so Iím hoping for Lonnie Walker as his replacement and Craig improves his game enough to overtake Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I’m no NBA cap expert by any means (is anyone really lol) but from what I can gather is that we’re already in the luxury tax. Chandler and Arthur opting out of their player options would be great for us and probably allow us to possibly work out something with one top tier free agent. Right now having Faried and Plumlee on the books is really hamstringing us. I think Plumlee got a fully guaranteed contract from us so there’s not much we can do about that. I’m not sure about Faried but compensation is always the issue when it comes to him, seems like we value him more on our bench than getting a wing that can actually contribute.

Hopefully we can pawn Faried off on another team and we can actually get that Donovan Mitchell player in the draft like how Utah did us. Lyles was actually a pretty good rotation player for us but that trade made no sense to me, why trade the pick for a PF and a rookie PF after signing Millsap and having Hernangomez?

Alas it’ll come down to the draft, I don’t see us retaining Barton this offseason, so I’m hoping for Lonnie Walker as his replacement and Craig improves his game enough to overtake Chandler.
    The Kool aid fan in me wants to believe we have enough young talent to entice him into believing he is the missing piece of a 5 year contender to finish off his career. That Jokic, Harris, Milsap and Murray are more than enough talent around him to compete with the Rockets and Warriors. But the realist in me knows many will say the talent level is not far superior to Cleveland and will all take the blame if he fails in Denver. I'm not sure he is interested in another small-mid market team that might let him down.

But the talent is younger than what Houston can provide. I mean what good is Houston with Lebron if CP3 goes down again?

But I saw a rumor today of a potential PG, Kwahi and Lebron moving to L.A today similar to what he bosch and wade did in Miami. And with some of the lakers young talent that would probably be a top talent team in the league. Which changes what I said before that I don't think the Lakers are a great fit.

It's nice to dream about this summer but I have very little hope he actually selects Denver.

The Kool aid fan in me wants to believe we have enough young talent to entice him into believing he is the missing piece of a 5 year contender to finish off his career. That Jokic, Harris, Milsap and Murray are more than enough talent around him to compete with the Rockets and Warriors. But the realist in me knows many will say the talent level is not far superior to Cleveland and will all take the blame if he fails in Denver. I'm not sure he is interested in another small-mid market team that might let him down.

But the talent is younger than what Houston can provide. I mean what good is Houston with Lebron if CP3 goes down again?

But I saw a rumor today of a potential PG, Kwahi and Lebron moving to L.A today similar to what he bosch and wade did in Miami. And with some of the lakers young talent that would probably be a top talent team in the league. Which changes what I said before that I don't think the Lakers are a great fit.

It's nice to dream about this summer but I have very little hope he actually selects Denver.
    Our team is far superior to what he had in Cleveland. We can definitely put together a strong pitch for LeBron and honestly weíre probably the best fit for him. Our team already gives GSW matchup problems simply because they have no one that can guard Jokic. Put McGee on him and he bullies him, heís too quick for Pachulia, and heís too tall for any of their small ball centers. Add in his passing ability and itís a nightmare for them on defense when Murray and Harris and the rest of our guys are hitting their shots. You pair Jokic and Lebron and youíre looking at a nasty nasty duo. On defense Millsap gives you the ability to switch everything, yes they can try to expose Jokic but theyíre forced to play a center who canít really shoot because those are their best defensive matchups.

There really isnít a better fit for him. Heís going to play a stupid amount of minutes so we can get by with Craig backing him up, maybe Chandler even comes back on a mid level exception. Lyles offers a lot as a three and D bench player. Plumlee is garbage but with Lebron on the team you can get by with that. I donít think Beasley will have trouble matching Bartonís production, he might even turn out to be more consistent. Craig looked pretty good last season, weíll see if he continues his development this season, but Lebron plays an absurd amount so it doesnít matter. We just need some actual talent coming off the bench at PG and not some washed up never was veteran. And while this may contradict my last statement I wouldnít mind seeing Ty Lawson coming off the bench.

But it wonít happen. As much respect as the rest of the NBA players give Jokic, I feel like itís more lip service than truth. Until this team can get in the playoffs and make some notice itís going to be hard to get a top tier talent. Murray has to come into his own this year. Once he starts playing up to his potential, then weíll see players start to take notice.

Our best bet at a superstar imo would be if Leonard requested a trade and refused to play for the Spurs. Even then weíd have to put together one crazy package to beat out some of the teams who will be in the running and it could leave our core shattered.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 06-15-2018 at 07:36 PM.

While I doubt he selects Denver, our talent is vastly superior to Clevelands. With out Millsap for almost 50 games and without Harris for a lot at the end, we missed the playoffs by 1 game. We are also young and improving. The Cavs minus lebron would be the worst team in the league by a significant margin.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    While I doubt he selects Denver, our talent is vastly superior to Clevelands. With out Millsap for almost 50 games and without Harris for a lot at the end, we missed the playoffs by 1 game. We are also young and improving. The Cavs minus lebron would be the worst team in the league by a significant margin.
    Believe me I get that. Really more what I meant was Iím not 100% sure Lebron believes that.

Not sure how close Earl Boykins is to LeBron but he says that LeBron will look at the nuggets, but he also said that he has inside sources saying heíll never play for the Knicks.

Would be nice to grab Porter

If Porter is healthy then we just got the steal of the draft

Didnít think it would happen when I posted about it a few weeks ago, but getting MPJ is a steal. This might cause Chandler to reconsider his option and can open up cap space for a Jokic extension or give us some flexibility to go after a big FA.

Please donít trade MPJ Nuggets