Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    As fun as the LeBron idea was, it appears he is an LA lock. However, these tidbits are true

There's strong momentum with the Denver Nuggets and their free agent guard Will Barton to get a deal done quickly after the start of free agency at 12:01 AM, league sources tell ESPN.

The Nuggets continue to make Wilson Chandler, Darrell Arthur and Kenneth Faried all available via trade to deal with their looming luxury-tax crunch, but one source close to the situation said Denver might have to expand its trading-block list to include Mason Plumlee

Again, Nuggets president Josh Kroenke is on the record as saying the Nuggets are "not afraid" to pay the luxury tax. But a roster ballooning toward the $200 million mark, after penalties, is highly unlikely. Salary moves will be made if Barton is in fact locked up.

2018 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Even with Barton under contract and salary issues, Denver is still swinging for the fences and wants to be in the room

With Jokic and Barton on board, the Denver Nuggets will turn their attention to one more free agent: LeBron James. The Nuggets have been in contact with James's agent and will aggressively pursue a meeting.

The Nuggets know it's a long shot, but Denver's ultra aggressive front office wants a shot at selling James on a Jokic/Murray/Barton teammate trio--even if it's just for one year.

We traded Chandler and a future 2nd round draft pick to the Sixers. I was looking, did we even get anything in return besides getting rid of his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    We traded Chandler and a future 2nd round draft pick to the Sixers. I was looking, did we even get anything in return besides getting rid of his contract?
    I was wondering the same thing
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Nope. They absorbed his contract. And can now pay Will Barton

Minimal cash considerations whatever that means. Strictly a salary dump. Barton was promised a starting spot and coming off the bench has been an issue in the past for Chandler.

Jimmy Butler apparently wants out of Minnesota and there are reports of him teaming up with Kyrie. As much as I love a future starting 5 of Murray, Harris, MPJ/Barton, Millsap/MPJ, and Jokic, I keep coming back to the lack of length at the guard spot.

I don’t think I’d trade Harris for Butler because of Butlers injury history but I wouldn’t be so against offers for Harris. But if Kawhi would extend here with us, I think we could put together a package of young players highlighted by Harris. Unless the Lakers are putting in Ingram and Kuzma they wouldn’t top us and even then we could still make a better offer without gutting our team like the Lakers would.

Murray, Barton, Leonard, Millsap, and Jokic could give GSW a run for their money. We’d likely lose some combo of Beasley, Hernangomez, Lyles, Lydon, and Craig (Lyles and Beasley most likely) so our bench would still be hurting but if MPJ is healthy he can mask a lot of that.

Monte Morris is really making the most out of this summer league

Looks like we’re turning to Isaiah Thomas to replace Barton’s scoring off the bench. 1 year for 2 mil.

If he can play like he did in Boston and with our expiring contracts we might be able to resign him next season and still make a run at a marquee name.

Oh snap I didn’t even see that we traded Faried and Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Looks like we’re turning to Isaiah Thomas to replace Barton’s scoring off the bench. 1 year for 2 mil.

If he can play like he did in Boston and with our expiring contracts we might be able to resign him next season and still make a run at a marquee name.
    He'll be a fantastic 6th man for you guys. I really think you hit a home run here. So long as he's happy with his role and healthy, he'll be huge (no pun intended).

Thomas is only 2 million, what a steal!

No Faried or Arthur any more, Chandler is gone. We added MPJ and Vanderbilt and got Thomas on a low risk high reward 1 year deal. Extended Jokic and Barton (lukewarm about Barton's contract). It's been a great offseason. If we're not in the playoffs Malone should definitely be fired. Idc how stacked the west is.

This makes us a pretty attractive FA destination also.
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 07-13-2018 at 07:31 AM.

IT has a very good relationship with Malone, and seems content being the guy in the 2nd unit. So I think it's a good move. Plus the salary dump was much needed, and we got it out of the way early. An excellent series of moves.

So my guess

PG: Murray-IT-Monte
    SG: Harris-Malik
    SF- Barton-Craig-Juancho
    PF: Millsap-Lyles-Lydon
    C: Jokic-Plumlee

Redshirt: MPJ and Vanderbilt