R.I.P. Red Miller

The O.G. of Broncos coaches for me. He was a big reason I became a fan back in the 70's. He will be missed. Hopefully there is a big recognition of him at the Raiders.

http://www.9news.com/sports/red-mill...ions/479004587

Sad that he won't be there for his induction on the 19th November.

R.I.P. Coach Miller and thanks for helping to get this franchise on a winning road.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Requiescat in pace, Red.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

He was the Super Bowl XII Coach when the Broncos played and lost to the Cowboys at the Superdome in New Orleans back in January 1978.

When the Orange Crush defense and it's era reached it's height.

I remember when the fans tore the grass at the old Mile High Stadium after they won the AFC Championship Game in Denver that season.

Broncos fans gone more rabid since that 1977 NFL postseason. When the Denver Broncos put themselves on the map.

RIP Red Miller.
    Last edited by CaribouRanch; 09-27-2017 at 10:46 AM.

RIP Red. Thanks for turning a good but perennial struggling team into a winner. You set the bar that the Broncos have measured themselves against ever since that magical 1977 season. I'm sorry you won't be there on Nov. 19th to see your name in the Ring of Fame, but I will be there to salute you.

RIP Red, great coach!

RIP Robert "Red" Miller

I was born & raised in DC (and still live nearby) but rather than rooting for my hometown team, and with no rhyme or reason, I became a Denver Broncos fan in 1977 as a 9 year old kid at the beginning of your reign as our HC.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

I have always thought he was let go, one year too early. 1980 was a transition year for the Broncos. Massive injuries everywhere, tough schedule, unsettled QB position, new offense. Either way, the fact he still coached us to an 8-8 record, just missing the playoffs, is a testament to his coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by 80stheman View Post
    RIP Red. Thanks for turning a good but perennial struggling team into a winner. You set the bar that the Broncos have measured themselves against ever since that magical 1977 season. I'm sorry you won't be there on Nov. 19th to see your name in the Ring of Fame, but I will be there to salute you.
    I wish they would honor people while they are still with us. I hope you share your experience with us.

R.I.P. Coach Miller.

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

rip you will always be remember in denver for your contributions

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I wish they would honor people while they are still with us. I hope you share your experience with us.

R.I.P. Coach Miller.

I will. I love going to the ROF Induction games and I try to go to all of them. Love the memories and honoring the great Broncos of the past.

Goodbye Red...still my favorite Bronco coach of all time.

I remember the story when Red was coaching OT Claudie Minor in a drill and they butted heads. Claudie was wearing a helmet and Red wasn't, cutting a big gash in Red's forehead and he ignored it and just kept coaching.

Another was when we were at the Superbowl in New Orleans and Red was drinking and playing rag time piano at a piano bar.

Red really set the foundation for us being a consistently good team. We weren't very good before he was our coach and we've been good ever since. Over the years I've run into 3 Bronco players from that era and I asked each of them which coach they liked best, Red or Dan Reeves, and all 3 of them said Red.

I am just seeing this now and although this day comes for us all I am deeply saddened as it is like a big piece of our past has just died too....still remember how he gave credit to the coach before him John Ralston for bringing in so much of the talent that became the team that went to the Super Bowl, remember his toughness and passion and leadership and will never forget the "magical" 1977 season.

Rest in peace Red, thank you for the great memories which last forever, you were great!!!!

I loved Redís passion for the game. He was a great coach and will always be remembered as the coach that put Denver on the map. God Bless you Red