Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mass Shooting At The Las Vegas Strip

Hi, Broncos fans. Gunman and sniper with an automatic weapon from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel shot 24 people dead, including 2 off-duty cops, and more than 100 wounded, during the the Jason Aldean Harvest concert at the area around 10:08 PM Pacific, 11:08PM Mountain Time on Sunday night.

Marilou Denmay is a person of interest as an accomplice. Developing story.

Senseless. So many lives broken.

Last I heard it's up to 50+ dead and over 200 injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Last I heard it's up to 50+ dead and over 200 injured.
    Sadly, the LV sherrif gave a press conference at 6 AM PST and said it was already 50+ dead and 400+ injured. Reporters later speculated that the number would likely go higher as they are still searching for victims and that the 400+ number of injured was a count based on whom were officially transported from the scene but that there were many who were taken to hospitals by friends, family, and even strangers.

50 + dead and 500+ injured now...That will probably keep going up...Dude had 10 long rifle, shot for 15-20 min...Deadliest mass shooting in US history.

This just pisses me off.

How sad is it that im not surprised by this...

Taught and prayers to everybody affected by this terrible act. Thinking of the nurses and doctors and first responders, they will for sure be working like crazy persons for the next couple days

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

So sad.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

My heart goes out to the victims and their families in this completely senseless tragedy. It is vile, evil, and reprehensible.

Please donate blood if you can...it could save someone's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    My heart goes out to the victims and their families in this completely senseless tragedy. It is vile, evil, and reprehensible.

Please donate blood if you can...it could save someone's life.
    I was going to post this. At times like this, we can feel helpless (and hopeless). Donating blood is one of the positive things we can do.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

The lack of humanity of some never ceases to amaze me.

Prayers to all the victims and their families. It will never be the same for many, many people.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

http://www.newsweek.com/isis-claims-...d-islam-675504

Isis claiming responsibility and saying he was a convert

--J.R.R. Tolkien

The fact that they can't even find a motive for what this moron did says it all. No disgruntled sniper in the watchtower. No workplace massacre, bullied school kids, and no religious/political nonsense. Just an idiot with a bunch of automatic rifles randomly preying on innocent people. I've seen some articles stating that he may have been mentally deranged. Mentally fit enough to illegally procure assault rifles, legally purchase semi automatic weapons, plan an ambush, and purchase an expensive hotel room apparently. And now I'm sure we'll start hearing all the comments from family and friends of this guy, "I had no idea. We never suspected a thing." So yeah, he's mentally deranged alright. IS also claimed responsibility, but there's absolutely no connection so far. Just a typical example of a terror group looking for attention, it seems. If they don't offer up some proof, they're full of crap.

I hope he finds himself in a very, very special place in hell.

I wonder if it's possible for someone who is not ISIS to claim credit for ISIS?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I wonder if it's possible for someone who is not ISIS to claim credit for ISIS?
    I think it's been done before. Can't think of the specific occasion. I'm sure it's been done in the name of various other organizations. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility when you consider the international diversity of the people they recruit. All they seem to want to tell us about this guy so far is that he was a real estate investor and gambler, who had significant ties to the Philippines. Guy was kind of loaded, as he transferred 100k into an account in the Philippines days prior to the attack.

The only oddity I'm seeing in this guy's story is his dad was a wanted felon. He was on the FBIs most wanted list and I think I read he went to jail when the shooter was 15 years old. That is an impressionable time, but no indications prior? The guy had literally nothing in his background. No issues. No run-ins with the law.

The guy was living in a wealthy retirement community, owned multiple boats, had real-estate investments. Sounds like he might have had some gambling addictions, but it doesn't look like he had lost a bunch of money or anything. All of his neighbors, friends, his brother, mother, even his ex-wife's brother all said that he was a great guy... nice, funny, seemed to be living life well. Zero indications he was even capable of something like this. Maybe we'll learn more soon.

The only other thing I can think of outside of his father being a nut is his long-time GF was out of the country without him. She didn't seem to know anything about it. Maybe they were having relationship issues and he snapped. All of it seems so senseless and not of the consistent "crazy person" thread

With all those things together, none of it makes sense. No motive. No notes. No history. Really weird.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 10-03-2017 at 12:42 PM.

I 've been watching social media outlets. Seem to be pics surfacing of him at anti trump rallies. Also there are multiple sources saying he wired a big sum of money over to the Phillipines not long beforehand. We shall see what officials say.

--J.R.R. Tolkien