Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Excuse me, I’m having a conversation with Beagle that did not involve trolling. No need to call me a “Derp.”

If that makes you the 10th best passing defense, then the denver secondary is not the best unit in the league, which i thought it was. Being ranked 10th for the NFZ is not good.

213 yards were against tyrod taylor, who is a middle of the pack QB. And the bills don’t have great receivers either.
    you should be youst to them calln ypou names that all they do and whn are ypou going to quit kissin up to them.

You have to learn to read between the lines.
    he has a little jid sig at botton of all his comments what else do u epect

Excuse me, I’m having a conversation with Beagle that did not involve trolling. No need to call me a “Derp.”

If that makes you the 10th best passing defense, then the denver secondary is not the best unit in the league, which i thought it was. Being ranked 10th for the NFZ is not good.

213 yards were against tyrod taylor, who is a middle of the pack QB. And the bills don’t have great receivers either.
    I don't give a crap who you are having a conversation with... None of that was trolling, it was me giving you an explanation, if you think that is trolling, I can start trolling you...

When you stop the run so thoroughly, it forces teams to pass more. That's going to increase yardage, which in turn is going to inflate the stats, pretty simple logic TB12.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy the Tank View Post
    If you are going to pretend to be more stupid than you actually are, could you at least try and type clearly enough to make sense...Seriously...

We've seen you type with clear English, this whole "look at me, I've got brain damage" act you put on (and that's what it is, an act) makes it impossible to respond to you without heavy amounts of derision...

you should be youst to them calln ypou names that all they do and whn are ypou going to quit kissin up to them.
    And TB12, if you want to see what trolling looks like, this guy is trolling. Because you can go into his post history and see him type with complete sentences and proper grammar...But he insists on acting like he's got the grammatical capabilities of a toddler...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't give a crap who you are having a conversation with... None of that was trolling, it was me giving you an explanation, if you think that is trolling, I can start trolling you...

When you stop the run so thoroughly, it forces teams to pass more. That's going to increase yardage, which in turn is going to inflate the stats, pretty simple logic TB12.
    Except denverís secondary is still allowing a completion percentage of 65%, which places them 18th overall. The best is KC at 51%.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 10-05-2017 at 07:21 AM.

And TB12, if you want to see what trolling looks like, this guy is trolling. Because you can go into his post history and see him type with complete sentences and proper grammar...But he insists on acting like he's got the grammatical capabilities of a toddler...
    I wasnít accusing you of trolling. I was merely saying that I wasnít trolling so there is no reason to call me a Derp.

Except denver’s secondary is still allowing an opponents’ completion percentage of 65%, which places them at 18th overall. The best at this is KC at 51%.
    Completed passes aren't points and aren't first downs. You don't win games by having a 65% completion percentage. You have to sustain drives with that percentage. Only 31.3 passes completed against us are completed for first downs, that is the 6th best in the league. We only have 10 plays given up over 20 yards and 1 over 40. Which means we are letting teams complete a lot of short stuff on us, but not allowing big gains and more importantly, not allowing first downs.

Our rushing 1st down percentage is even better, we have only allowed 9 first downs on the ground and only 10 percent of every runs is a first down.

Don't bring stupid stats like completion percentage up, you aren't going to win this debate with completion percentages...

I wasn’t accusing you of trolling. I was merely saying that I wasn’t trolling so there is no reason to call me a Derp.
    Oh as if you haven't done the same on plenty of occasions... cry me a phillip rivers over here...

We allow an average of 15 first downs per game Tommy... That's 26% 3rd down conversion rate, I'm not sure that there is any way that you can logically argue that our defense isn't still phenomenal this year.

Completed passes aren't points and aren't first downs. You don't win games by having a 65% completion percentage. You have to sustain drives with that percentage. Only 31.3 passes completed against us are completed for first downs, that is the 6th best in the league. We only have 10 plays given up over 20 yards and 1 over 40. Which means we are letting teams complete a lot of short stuff on us, but not allowing big gains and more importantly, not allowing first downs.

Our rushing 1st down percentage is even better, we have only allowed 9 first downs on the ground and only 10 percent of every runs is a first down.

Don't bring stupid stats like completion percentage up, you aren't going to win this debate with completion percentages...
    Iím not sure you even understand what the debate is. I am arguing about Denverís secondary being ranked 10th in yards allowed. Not only that it has given up 8 passing TDs, which places it near the bottom of the league. You are the one bringing Denverís run defense, which is irrelevant to my point.

Last year Denverís NFZ was ranked 1st overall. Now they are ranked 10th. That is all that I am saying.

I’m not sure you even understand what the debate is. I am arguing about Denver’s secondary being ranked 10th in yards allowed. Not only that it has given up 8 passing TDs, which places it near the bottom of the league. You are the one bringing Denver’s run defense, which is irrelevant to my point.

Last year Denver’s NFZ was ranked 1st overall. Now they are ranked 10th. That is all that I am saying.
    I explained to you how it is relevant, but as per the usual, you disregarded it because it didn't help your case or fit your narrative. We're shutting down the run. Most teams have to defend against a balanced attack. Teams will run the ball part of the time, pass the other portion. We are forcing the balance to flip to passing the ball to sustain drives, this is going to cause more pass attempts which is going to lead to more yards. Many of the completed passes are completed for short screens for 1-2 yards...Teams are basically being forced to try and make their short passing game substitute for a rushing attack. That is why completion percentage is totally irrelevant. The yards we are giving up are aren't bad numbers at all. We're giving up 63 more yards than the top passing defense this season. That top rushing defense is giving up 165 yards per game rushing. Do you see what I'm getting at here? If we were giving up more yards on the ground, there would be less pass attempts and it would even out. Teams are forced to throw, thus inflating our passing stats artificially.

You reference the 8 TD's we've given up 0 rushing TD's, it balances out. Most teams would give up 3-4 rushing touchdowns and 3-4 passing, we've forced teams to pass and that is all that's available. We're 9th in total TD's allowed.

Yes I'd prefer we were giving up less TD's by the air, but I recognize that it's because teams are having to force passes due to our amazingly effective run defense.

I explained to you how it is relevant, but as per the usual, you disregarded it because it didn't help your case or fit your narrative. We're shutting down the run. Most teams have to defend against a balanced attack. Teams will run the ball part of the time, pass the other portion. We are forcing the balance to flip to passing the ball to sustain drives, this is going to cause more pass attempts which is going to lead to more yards. Many of the completed passes are completed for short screens for 1-2 yards...Teams are basically being forced to try and make their short passing game substitute for a rushing attack. That is why completion percentage is totally irrelevant. The yards we are giving up are aren't bad numbers at all. We're giving up 63 more yards than the top passing defense this season. That top rushing defense is giving up 165 yards per game rushing. Do you see what I'm getting at here? If we were giving up more yards on the ground, there would be less pass attempts and it would even out. Teams are forced to throw, thus inflating our passing stats artificially.

You reference the 8 TD's we've given up 0 rushing TD's, it balances out. Most teams would give up 3-4 rushing touchdowns and 3-4 passing, we've forced teams to pass and that is all that's available. We're 9th in total TD's allowed.

Yes I'd prefer we were giving up less TD's by the air, but I recognize that it's because teams are having to force passes due to our amazingly effective run defense.
    Through only 3 games Denver secondary has given up 10 pass plays of 20 yards + and 1 play of 40 yards +, which places them at 10th overall in the league in big passing plays allowed. One play was a 65 yard TD. And yes, of course teams that canít run on Denver will pass the ball more, BUT the broncos are still giving up 65% completions.

To put it into perspective, at the same rate, Denver will give up 50 pass plays of 20 yards or more by the end of the season. All of last year, it gave up 32.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 10-05-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Through only 3 games Denver secondary has given up 10 pass plays of 20 yards + and 1 play of 40 yards +, which places them at 10th overall in the league in big passing plays allowed. One play was a 65 yard TD. And yes, of course teams that can’t run on Denver will pass the ball more, BUT the broncos are still giving up 65% completions.
    We've played four games genius. That's about 2 per game...Which is pretty freaking minor. Your defense on the flip side has given up 19 over 20 and 4 over 40.

The 65 yard TD play was basically our defense getting caught of guard, everyone has one bad play...No one is perfect 100 percent of the time. It was a miscommunication between Stewart and Simmons, it happens every once in a blue moon.

Again, 65 completions is not a big deal. You are trying to use it in a degrading fashion, but if a QB throws a 2 yard pass, it's still a completion that counts against the completion percentage. If a QB completes 3 passes for two yards each, it's still only 6 yards. It doesn't matter how many passes you let them complete as long as they don't complete first downs and we are not allowing first downs. That's the part I'm trying to drill home to you, but you are dancing around it because it basically shuts down your silly argument about how many completions we are allowing, which by the way, is a really weak approach to talking smack.

Here's a visual example for you since you simply aren't grasping it Tommy.

From the Buffalo game.
    1st drive
    Mccoy rush no gain
    Taylor sacked for -7
    Taylor complete left for 7 yards
    punt
    2nd drive
    Taylor complete middle mccoy for 2 yards
    Mccoy rush for 6 yards
    Taylor sacked for -2
    punt

He completed every pass there on those two drives. How did that negatively impact us as they both ended with punts?

It does not matter how many completions a QB has against us. What are they doing with those completions? Are they sustaining drives (obviously, we aren't giving up a huge number of first downs, so no, they are not)

Yes we do give up the occasional good drive and score, but the majority of our opponents drives look similar to the one above.

Do you get it now, or do I need to dumb it down?