Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    You have to respect every opponent in the NFL and not take them lightly. I agree with that. But everyone comparing this to the bills game, I don't agree with. The Bills have proven to be a respectable team at this point. The Giants have proven they are not. Especially with OBJ out.

To reiterate, I agree you can't take an NFL team lightly. But, again, I don't think it's the same thing as the mistake fans made about the Bills.
    I think its more of an Any given Sunday approach. Some teams are consistently good, like the Chiefs, and carry an expectation that they will win. The Broncos haven't proven that level of consistency yet, and can lose inexplicably to a team that plays above its status. The Broncos I know is a team that plays to its opponents level, we rarely blow teams out nor get blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think its more of an Any given Sunday approach. Some teams are consistently good, like the Chiefs, and carry an expectation that they will win. The Broncos haven't proven that level of consistency yet, and can lose inexplicably to a team that plays above its status. The Broncos I know is a team that plays to its opponents level, we rarely blow teams out nor get blown out.
    Completely agree. This will be a game that Denver better take seriously because if we somehow lose this game we will be the laughing stock of the nfl for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1224ckdtn View Post
    their D is never solid. i guarantee it.
    if you cannot believe me, just watch the giants game.
    Their defense is def solid. Doesn’t look nearly as good because their offense is terrible. Last time I checked Vernon, JPP, Jenkins, and Cromarti were still good. Not sure if they are all healthy but still.

The spread is Denver -10. If you had to "bet the ranch", which side would you take?

If something were to happen to Siemian all your confidence would be gone as far as making a SB run, or maybe even the playoffs. Considering we have open doors on our O-Line, if they wanted to win the game they only need to get to our QB, so this O-Line will be tested because the Giants have little other options. Yeah, desperate teams can be very dangerous! Don't like the cockiness of this thread, you gotta show some respect to all teams!
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Idk man I seen a couple games where we couldn't score 10 points to get a win it's a benefit that all those players are out but at the same time it's a disadvantage if we don't have much tape on the replacements. I think we should win easily but you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Yeah on paper we should blow them out but minus the Cowboys game, our offense (Siemian) has been serving as our opponent's best defense, thus keeping teams in games that they shouldn't be in.

I hope our team isn't this over-confident.

This is where I'm at. If we weren't leaving so many plays on the field, I'd be a bit more confident. But my Orange glasses can only block but so much. Even in the Cowboys game, there 14-21pts we left because of missed plays that should have been made to lock that game up by start of the 4th. And I know every team has those, and in every game. But when we're struggling to get to 20, it stands out more. People can say what they want about Eli, he can still drop 20-24pts on any defense, with just about any group of receivers. And if we can't take advantage of their mistakes and let them hang around.............
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by 1224ckdtn View Post
    apparently, giants's disastrous season just got worse.
    there's nothing they can do without OBJ,MARSHALL,SHEPARD against our D.
    eli's gonna have real hard time against miller.
    can't wait to see miller SACK! eli.
    Why don't you like the Giants anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Their defense is def solid. Doesn’t look nearly as good because their offense is terrible. Last time I checked Vernon, JPP, Jenkins, and Cromarti were still good. Not sure if they are all healthy but still.
    I mean, I have to side with him. While I do think we shouldn't just assume this is an easy win. The Giants have 8 sacks this year. Their pass rush is worse than ours is. Theoretically we should have a huge day on offense because TS will be well protected. Their defense isn't very good at all. Their offense was their strong point, but with no WR's left, it's all going to depend on the level of play the backups put up.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    If we can win by 3 scores, that aren't FG's, then that means we are finally executing on the offense and Trev is not leaving plays on the field. And that is a promise I will gladly make due on.

And just so we're clear, 3 - safeties don't count either. It has to be 3 touchdowns.
    Just for this game or any game throughout this season!

I hate games like these. It's another trap game, IMO. The Denver defense made Tyrod and the Bills offense look like pro-bowlers and a competent team. This is a dangerous game, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I hate games like these. It's another trap game, IMO. The Denver defense made Tyrod and the Bills offense look like pro-bowlers and a competent team. This is a dangerous game, for sure.
    I mean, they've kind have lived up to that since then though.

This one doesn't feel like a trap game, but we also don't need to be arrogant and assume it's an easy win where we just destroy the g-men.

Looking at this matchup Denver should win this game hands down however till the game is played nobody really knows. I am wishing for a win that would place Denver at 4-1 I guess we all get to see Sunday Night I can not wait.

Definitely feels like another trap game. For as long as I have been a fan, Denver plays down to their opponents especially when everyone says we are going to win. It's almost better when everyone picks against us (2015, Cowboy game, etc). Then, I feel like we have a better chance to win. I don't know, they need to get some sort of sport psychologist or something on the payroll to figure this thing out. Just because they're are playing the Giants, they can't just show up, go through the motions and expect victory. The Giants have enough in place to beat us. It's easy. They will not challenge the no fly zone. They will run the ball and try to play good defense. They can win with that formula against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Tyrods mobility forced Denver to play more zone.

Eli will be easy to find and that will allow Denver to play man and control the line of scrimmage

It'll be tough for the Giants offense to score 10 points against our D. If Denver plays tight special teams and doesn't turn the ball over they shouldn't have to score much to win.

This is about the point of the season when the offense should catch-up, Given the QB competition, new scheme, new offensive line, Denver's offense might be a game or two behind schedule,hopefully the bye week helps the execution.

Historically, it's been a mixed bag against the Giants-- tied 6-6 in the series including one SB loss. Another noteworthy loss to them was in '98 involving one of our most dominant teams ever while the Giants were a very mediocre squad that just got hot that day, so the Any Given Sunday rule definitely applies at all time, including this Sunday.

That said, I wouldn't "guarantee" a win, however if I had to bet money, it's certainly on the Broncos --that's the only sane choice! We generally play well and win our home games, we're coming off a bye, rested and hopefully with some issues corrected or at least improved in some areas. The way we played the Cowboys shows what kind of potential we have so I think we can beat anybody if all cylinders are firing!

Last edited by L.M.; 10-09-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016