Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,659

    49ers shopping Bowman

    I understand Davis is playing well but Bowman could be huge in a defense like ours. We would only have to pay for a portion of the $11 cap his has due to it people 6 weeks already into the season. I say we make a move and get that veteran leadership and playmaker on our team.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    8,055

    Navorro Bowman to the Broncos?

    Looks like we might be interested.

    Next big NFL trade? 49ers reportedly shopping LB NaVorro Bowman

    Thoughts?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,405
    What are they asking for?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,659
    Mods I realized I put this in the wrong section! Can you move this for me to the Trade/ FA sections please?! Plus, I mistyped 49ers lol sorry everyone.

    The AsianPA: I am not sure what they are asking for but Im sure it wouldnt be a lot due to his cap the next couple years.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,659
    He was just released

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    8,055
    Ok, nevermind. they just released him.

    Sorry for the double post.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,287
    WoW even Released I would take a Flyer on him !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,293
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    WoW even Released I would take a Flyer on him !
    Totally agree. U have to kick the tires on him. He's too good a player, even being on the "wrong side" of 30 and with his injury history.


    Now I'm not to sure about how the waiver system works? Would he have to clear for us to engage him in talks? Because I would assume we're at the bottom of the list and I really can't see anybody picking him up with the remainder of his current contract.
    #swapping

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    He was just released
    I would take him in a heartbeat.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Totally agree. U have to kick the tires on him. He's too good a player, even being on the "wrong side" of 30 and with his injury history.


    Now I'm not to sure about how the waiver system works? Would he have to clear for us to engage him in talks? Because I would assume we're at the bottom of the list and I really can't see anybody picking him up with the remainder of his current contract.
    He's only 29. That's the right side.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,405
    So if he gets cut, the team that picks him up takes the entire cap hit correct?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,659
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    So if he gets cut, the team that picks him up takes the entire cap hit correct?
    No his contract is voided. All guarantee money which was $2.5 will be 49ers responsibility.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    8,055
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Totally agree. U have to kick the tires on him. He's too good a player, even being on the "wrong side" of 30 and with his injury history.


    Now I'm not to sure about how the waiver system works? Would he have to clear for us to engage him in talks? Because I would assume we're at the bottom of the list and I really can't see anybody picking him up with the remainder of his current contract.

    He was released. Not waived. I think he can talk to whomever right away.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,608
    But with the way that Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall are playing at the moment it would be wise to throw Bowen into the mix for leadership and growing purposes.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,293
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    He's only 29. That's the right side.
    Okay, I thought he was 30. Thanks for the correction.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    He was released. Not waived. I think he can talk to whomever right away.
    Thanks! So I guess it means he's going to the Raiders. Doesn't have to move/relocate his family.
    #swapping

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •