X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavisMVP
    Practice Squad
    • Oct 2003

We have to find a way to score ponits, with that said we may need to strart Brock and trade some players for a right tackle. Left guard kills us sometimes to.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
      Hall of Famer
      • Apr 2009

It's our sad reality that the only hope is the great Brock will be the savior

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking... lol

Comment

• GMTD
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2016

I think we need to calm down a little.

We had the equivalent of a blowout loss against a severely depleted team. However, bar one or two teams everyone else has also suffered humiliating defeats. Some of them have even shown the spirit to come out fighting. We need to do the same.

I refuse to believe that Trevor is as bad as he has played in the last few games. While he has his weaknesses, he proved last season he can be effective. The coaches and his teammates have to do whatever they can to help him restore the self-confidence with which he started the season.

He also has to stop panicking and making bad decisions. It's really fine for him to play a conservative game and simply make no turnovers. If he does that we will win most games and his confidence will inevitably grow anyway.

As for the no fly zone/safety troubles, part of it stems from the way the team collectively defends. We have gone all-in to stop the run, such that we have been exposed over the middle, and put pressure on the cornerbacks to make one-on-one plays without any support. But I guess that's a choice we had to make.

Anyway, I remain optimistic about our prospects this season (in particular because our set up probably works better against better teams). Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Murph2432
          Playmaker
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

As for the no fly zone/safety troubles, part of it stems from the way the team collectively defends. We have gone all-in to stop the run, such that we have been exposed over the middle, and put pressure on the cornerbacks to make one-on-one plays without any support. But I guess that's a choice we had to make.

Anyway, I remain optimistic about our prospects this season (in particular because our set up probably works better against better teams). Let's see what happens.
          I don’t think it has anything to do with us going all in. I actually don’t think we have gone all in on running at all minus the cowboys game. I think the issue revolves around how much we are playing zone now. We have three great corners that can play man and they are at their best in man coverage not zone. Leaves too much confusion where a player needs to be.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
            Banned User
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Good for them for doing it. They came out on paper as having already lost before the coin toss and they said not today. They came out swinging and fighting, hardly the form of a team that has rolled over with everything they've endured - especially after last week for them. We, on the other hand were in a fog the whole game.

It was weird to watch and reminded me of the playoff loss to the Colts in 2015.
            Good comparison wrh the Colts game and thankfully this wasn't a playoff team. Let's hope the team learns from this one but doesn't dwell on it. Tough schedule ahead especially with three games on the road.

Comment

• Dotst
              Special Teams
              • Nov 2015

Rewatched the condensed version. Yeah we didnt play our best but if we dont make a few mistakes, we still couldve won this game.

Not miss the chip shot McManus makes almost every time, we couldve been 17-6 at the half. We will even keep his pick 6 in there. The TD we got later in the game and their field goal puts the score at 20-13. If we do make it at the half yard line and they get their field goal, looking at 23-20. I know 'ifs and buts'.. but a chip shot and getting a half yard touchdown? That doesnt seem too much to ask.

If Siemian also doesnt underthrow Charles near the redzone, it would bring up a shortish yard situation before the half and maybe he doesnt throw a pick 6 and we at least go into the half 10-9.

We also have to remember the Giants defense isnt bad, its their offense that is lacking. Sure our D couldve played a bit better but we did have 3 turnovers

I just really think we need to be more creative offensively and use our tight ends more

Comment

Working...
              X