Page 301 of 377 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5644
    Now that Emmanuel Sanders is out, does that give Joseph some leeway?

Can he keep his job, if the team shows fight, despite not making the playoffs?

Not that they necessarily will miss the playoffs or would have made the playoffs with Sanders. They need help, even if they win out.

Does Sanders being out make losing more palatable, if they’re still competitive?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Now that Emmanuel Sanders is out, does that give Joseph some leeway?

Can he keep his job, if the team shows fight, despite not making the playoffs?

Not that they necessarily will miss the playoffs or would have made the playoffs with Sanders. They need help, even if they win out.

Does Sanders being out make losing more palatable, if they’re still competitive?
    There still shouldn't be a reason we don't win out as long as Sutton is utilized and our run game still dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    There still shouldn't be a reason we don't win out as long as Sutton is utilized and our run game still dominant.
    Also, they were high on Desean Hamilton during training camp, so hopefully he starts to realize some potential as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
    Also, they were high on Desean Hamilton during training camp, so hopefully he starts to realize some potential as well.
    I really hope so. I'm hoping that Andre Holmes was signed for depth and not as a starter. Hamilton will need and want the reps, and hopefully like so many other young rookies this year can make the transition to a starter.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I really hope so. I'm hoping that Andre Holmes was signed for depth and not as a starter. Hamilton will need and want the reps, and hopefully like so many other young rookies this year can make the transition to a starter.
    Yeah, I read we we picked up Holmes AFTER I made that post. Like you, my ideal scenario is that Hamilton takes advantage of this opportunity and breaks out, with Holmes becoming a quality 3rd or 4th receiver.

Easier said than done. We just lost 2 of our best talents and leaders on the team. We still have Keenum at QB which is not good at all, and it looks like he will now be throwing to 3 rookie WRs, and no threat a TE with both our top players out. If teams can double up on the rookie Sutton and take out of the game, then our already limited passing offense is completely vanished.

Our season will go as far as Lindsay, Von and Chubb can carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Easier said than done. We just lost 2 of our best talents and leaders on the team. We still have Keenum at QB which is not good at all, and it looks like he will now be throwing to 3 rookie WRs, and no threat a TE with both our top players out. If teams can double up on the rookie Sutton and take out of the game, then our already limited passing offense is completely vanished.

And now is the time to find out what we have in our rookie WRs. Yes it isn't optimal, but our schedule difficulty gives our rookies a chance to break out if they can. I don't have high expectations if we make the playoffs, but I am hopeful that this team will adapt and survive, like the past three games.

And now is the time to find out what we have in our rookie WRs. Yes it isn't optimal, but our schedule difficulty gives our rookies a chance to break out if they can. I don't have high expectations if we make the playoffs, but I am hopeful that this team will adapt and survive, like the past three games.
    It is time to find out what we have, but our chances of winning out take a substantial hit. At this point, I don’t think winning out should be the expected outcome. Yes, we have a chance since we still have to play the games, but losing both Sanders and Harris is a huge hit to this football team. To say there is no reason we shouldn’t still win out doesn’t seem realistic.

Gotta play the hand you're dealt. Maybe we'll see a resolve from the team, an us against the world mentality?

If they finish .500, I don't think Joseph's employment will be terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    If they finish .500, I don't think Joseph's employment will be terminated.
    He's going to be given another year, that I'm certain of. I think after beating the Chargers, Bengals, and Steelers, VJ showed that he can prepare a team against difficult opponents. If we make it to the playoffs with all the injuries that we have, I would say that he has more than earned the right for a 3rd year.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

He's going to be given another year, that I'm certain of. I think after beating the Chargers, Bengals, and Steelers, VJ showed that he can prepare a team against difficult opponents. If we make it to the playoffs with all the injuries that we have, I would say that he has more than earned the right for a 3rd year.
    Agreed. I have been as big of a Vance critic as anyone, but the way he has kept this team engaged and fighting is remarkable. I also think if he can finish this season going 3-1, he should get another year as the head coach. My biggest gripe last year was I didn't think Vance earned another season, he hadn't shown any improvement at all, but this season, he has. I am not 100% sold though, and at this point I am still on the fence. If we come out flat against any one of these horrible teams like the 49ers, Raiders, or Browns, and look unprepared and lose in a way where Vance manages to put this team in a bad position, I will want him fired. I will give credit where it is due, but I haven't forgotten how miserable of a coach he has been for the better part of 2 seasons now.

I guess what is more important to me is the body of work, and while the last three games has been nice, to be honest winning the last three games has bee more about catching some good teams on bad days and a couple dudes balling out than it was about team preparedness, smart game planning, strategy, in game adjustments, creative play calling, etc. Nothing has changed for me in terms of what I think needs to happen with this coach and coaching staff at the end of the season. In my opinion, we will never be more than we are now with Vance at the helm, which is a mediocre team with great talent that does not use it effectively, that occasionally over performs, but as a whole gets out-coached on most Sundays.

I think we have won the last few games in spite of him, not because of him....
    Last edited by 4th Amigo; 12-06-2018 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Correct spelling

I think VJ is kind of a smart guy, and I like his elocution.

Well it's been that way all year.... so nothing changes with this injury