Page 302 of 348 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 300 301 302 303 304 312 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5216
    You guys are going to hate me for saying this, but with all the injuries, and the team now starting like 7 rookies, and the makeshift o-line, if they can somehow still make the playoffs, VJ will be considered for coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    I guess what is more important to me is the body of work, and while the last three games has been nice, to be honest winning the last three games has bee more about catching some good teams on bad days and a couple dudes balling out than it was about team preparedness, smart game planning, strategy, in game adjustments, creative play calling, etc. Nothing has changed for me in terms of what I think needs to happen with this coach and coaching staff at the end of the season. In my opinion, we will never be more than we are now with Vance at the helm, which is a mediocre team with great talent that does not use it effectively, that occasionally over performs, but as a whole gets out-coached on most Sundays.

I think we have won the last few games in spite of him, not because of him....
    Catching a team on a bad day is often a perfect example of one team being more prepared than the other. So, I disagree with your lack of causation to the fact. Those players who balled out? Is preparation not a part of this? Or did they just go out and wing it? Just because you cannot recognize the small details and intricacies that effect the big things, does not mean it is not there. Giving him no credit for the team winning and giving him all of the blame for the team losing is a double standard that not only you at fault of having. Many fans do this to coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    So you going to keep riding that vj sucks thing until we lose just so you can "I told yall we weren't good.
    News flash teams "Not just the Broncos" get lucky, have the ball bounce their way EVERY WEEK. I'm pulling for you V.J. keep proving all the doubters wrong. Goooo Broncos.
    No you are not seeing my actions correctly

I am saying despite a 3 game win streak VJ as a coach in the NFL has never seen his team make it to a Conf Championship game and he will never lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl Championship

Even if we win out I stand by that

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Catching a team on a bad day is often a perfect example of one team being more prepared than the other. So, I disagree with your lack of causation to the fact. Those players who balled out? Is preparation not a part of this? Or did they just go out and wing it? Just because you cannot recognize the small details and intricacies that effect the big things, does not mean it is not there. Giving him no credit for the team winning and giving him all of the blame for the team losing is a double standard that not only you at fault of having. Many fans do this to coaches.
    I am not applying a double standard. I am not solely blaming him for the state of the team the last two season, but he is a big part. There is nothing in his coaching or the culture he has brought to the team that tells me he is going to be an effective coach in the long run.

A few Things he is just not good at;

-preparing the team to win on the road (see road record since he took over)
    -clock management
    -in game adjustments
    -producing a team that is disciplined and doesnít commit penalties constantly
    -creativity, as a whole. We have almost zero imagination on offense or defense, and start playing to try to protect a lead immediately after getting one...

I donít have anything against him, I just donít believe that he has what it takes to be a good head coach. He is a decent coach, ok, mediocre. Pretty much Marvin Lewis.

I am not applying a double standard. I am not solely blaming him for the state of the team the last two season, but he is a big part. There is nothing in his coaching or the culture he has brought to the team that tells me he is going to be an effective coach in the long run.

A few Things he is just not good at;

-preparing the team to win on the road (see road record since he took over)
    -clock management
    -in game adjustments
    -producing a team that is disciplined and doesn’t commit penalties constantly
    -creativity, as a whole. We have almost zero imagination on offense or defense, and start playing to try to protect a lead immediately after getting one...

I don’t have anything against him, I just don’t believe that he has what it takes to be a good head coach. He is a decent coach, ok, mediocre. Pretty much Marvin Lewis.
    Okay, that's fine that you feel he doesn't do any of those things well. But, it doesn't change the fact that it's a double standard to say that anytime we lose it's because of him and anytime we win it's in spite of him.

However, I disagree with your belief of zero imagination on defense. Since he has taken more control over the defense, the defense has improved drastically, especially in the run game. It's a little conservative, allowing teams to move the ball between the 20's and clamping down in the redzone.

Here is what Goff had to say about facing our defense, calling it the toughest one he faced all year. "They did a good job shutting us down. They did a lot of good things to counteract what we were doing. Getting into specifics would be hard but they had a good plan."

He continued: "I thought they did a great job defensively. They did a great job taking away the passing game. They knew our stuff really well. They adjusted really well in that second half. They made some great adjustments and understood our concepts and scheme."

Do you think he'd be saying that about a defense with zero imagination?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    No you are not seeing my actions correctly

I am saying despite a 3 game win streak VJ as a coach in the NFL has never seen his team make it to a Conf Championship game and he will never lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl Championship

Even if we win out I stand by that
    Are you in doubt that Elway knew this when he hired him?

VJ clearly gave us a lot of reasons to doubt his capabilities over the last 1Ĺ years, but if Elway did not expect growing pains he should be thrown out. Writing off a HC that by any reasonable standard is improving, and has his team playing well and disciplined, should at least be given a chance show of his abilities. It seems pretty absurd to be so stuck in the past with VJ if he manages to pull this team back.

Very few of us are SURE that VJ will deserve a future as the Broncos HC, but he had gone from being a liability to slightly positive. If we look at this years NFL power houses, then no team has faced a tougher schedule than our 6-6 Broncos. We have played 8 games against teams that are currently in control of their own playoff destiny - that is pretty good.

This coaching staff seems to be developing the rookies pretty well. Got to give them credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    This coaching staff seems to be developing the rookies pretty well. Got to give them credit for that.
    Nope. Theyíre not allowed to receive credit for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    You guys are going to hate me for saying this, but with all the injuries, and the team now starting like 7 rookies, and the makeshift o-line, if they can somehow still make the playoffs, VJ will be considered for coach of the year.
    Not to mention with one of the leagues worst QBs!

If we win a playoff game, VJ is no worse than 2nd in the COTY voting

Iím honestly stunned this thread still has legs.

At this point getting back to .500 and now having a stable of injuries to blame for anything that occurs over the next four weeks I would be stunned not to see VJ on the sidelines in 2019.

Anything over 8-8 at this point might be a miracle even considering the week schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I’m honestly stunned this thread still has legs.

At this point getting back to .500 and now having a stable of injuries to blame for anything that occurs over the next four weeks I would be stunned not to see VJ on the sidelines in 2019.

Anything over 8-8 at this point might be a miracle even considering the week schedule.
    In fairness, it really doesn't. Most people in here are simply saying he's going to likely have another year. The vocal outcry against him has gone for the most part.

Give credit where credit is due...

Way to go VJ and CK, need some rooks to step up and some vets to lead the charge.

Good Job Elway, thanks again.
    [

I maintain that if itís this year or next, he will be gone. I hope that we donít waste yet another season waiting to see if he can become a decent coach. I stand by my opinion. Sorry, I just donít think heís got it....

I maintain that if it’s this year or next, he will be gone. I hope that we don’t waste yet another season waiting to see if he can become a decent coach. I stand by my opinion. Sorry, I just don’t think he’s got it....
    The team is competitive this year and still in the playoff hunt. He is trending up and becoming a decent coach before our eyes. I could understand if the team performed like last year but that's not the case. I don't think you can deny that he is improving each game.

I've been down on VJ and hard on him sometimes. His gaffes, like clock management, challenges, and timeouts, have left me second guessing his place on the team.

It's hard to ignore two things though this year A) how well they have played competitive teams even in losses such as KC (with a shout out to the aforementioned clock management ). Since he reportedly took over defensive play calling, even if only for a period of time, the defense does not look the same as it did vs. the Jets. The secondary still has its struggles, more so with CHJ's injury, but that is a large part in personnel. And B) winning helps against the pressure in his position. He's had good road wins in LA against a good offense and good pass rush and against the Bengals. Both the Chargers and Steelers wins were unexpected and though they came down to the end, the team played well throughout the game. Certainly take-aways figure into those wins but that is part of the game, making less mistakes than your opponent, and the team along with VJ made less mistakes. That is a drastic improvement.

What stands out right now is that the team is trending up at the right time as they enter the easier part of the schedule. To me this is something to watch especially how the team comes out prepared for these remaining games. We are playing for the chance, small as it is, to get to the playoffs, but the team is playing for something and that is good. This time last year the season was just swirling down the bowl. Going in to week 14 we just had a 8 game straight losing streak and would finish the final games 2-2.

The team still has issues but there is clear improvement in all phases including the coaching. So at this point I'm hesitant with VJ and if we finish at or above .500, we'll be left weighing options with serious implications for next season.