Page 5 of 413 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 6185
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    This is really bothering me. I thought he said he was going to leave the defense alone. But no, he's making them play a scheme they're not good at and it shows. I don't understand why this coaching staff wants to get away from what the team does best.

    I'm more angry about this than I am about the offense.
    Reminds me of the McDaniels hire. Offense was good, so start changing that.

    Knew VJ would mess with the defense. Rookies always seem to change what works. VJ stated zone defense is easier on players' bodies but requires more communication. The thing that confounds me is that we had communication issues before the switch to zone. Why would they improve with a new scheme?

    The best part is that I can't imagine he'll go back to what works. Probably I plumber more zone until we get it right. We'll be 6-10, but that round peg will fit into that square hole if we just push harder...😞

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,450
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    I got ya, We can't fire anyone, we just need to learn from the mistakes and get better.
    The main person driving that continuous improvement is the head coach.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,417
    Wait until we crash and burn and let him go in December. I was not fan of his from the start, but the entire coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves after last night. Our defense could have won us the game like they always do if they weren't playing some awful soft zone all night.

    I saw nothing last night from the coaching staff that should be instilling confidence in any fan of a playoff run this year.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,577
    But I thought Vance was a players coach?

    Wasn't he brought in because he knew how to motivate his team and create unity game day?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Wait until we crash and burn and let him go in December. I was not fan of his from the start, but the entire coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves after last night. Our defense could have won us the game like they always do if they weren't playing some awful soft zone all night.

    I saw nothing last night from the coaching staff that should be instilling confidence in any fan of a playoff run this year.
    Yeah, maybe our defense could have won the game if not for the pick 6 and two missed FGs.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,179
    Yeah fire head coach, offensive coordinator, defense coordinator, special teams coach and kick Elway to the curb while we're at it........

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    Reminds me of the McDaniels hire. Offense was good, so start changing that.

    Knew VJ would mess with the defense. Rookies always seem to change what works.
    VJ stated zone defense is easier on players' bodies but requires more communication. The thing that confounds me is that we had communication issues before the switch to zone. Why would they improve with a new scheme?

    The best part is that I can't imagine he'll go back to what works. Probably I plumber more zone until we get it right. We'll be 6-10, but that round peg will fit into that square hole if we just push harder...��
    Which is why I was pissed that we let Wade go and that it wasn't mandated that he had to stay on as DC during the HC-ing interview process...otherwise with 'change' comes 'change' like with what we're seeing.

    Let the new guy(s) come in and try to fix what's broke and don't let them break what's already fixed.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Which is why I was pissed that we let Wade go and that it wasn't mandated that he had to stay on as DC during the HC-ing interview process...otherwise with 'change' comes 'change' like with what we're seeing.

    Let the new guy(s) come in and try to fix what's broke and don't let them break what's already fixed.
    Honestly, I hope the defensive players start revolting and get pissed over this.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Yeah Sam...

    This is driving me up a wall.

    IF IT AIN'T BROKE-

    DON'T FIX IT.

    -Zealander's dad
    VJ don't like the style, why else did he refuse to bring Wade Philips back last off season.

    We've got to face it folks, the. I fly zone and defensive dominance is most likely over. I do understand why these NFL coaches are stubborn and fo the things that they do. Jack Delrio is guilty of the same offense while he was here with the Broncos. He wasted a few years of defense of talent with the stupid scheme that he ran.

    Our defense is not going to be as dominant as it usually is, not under Vance Joseph. For some reason John Elway has a thing for Vance Joseph.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,087
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
    We got out coached by the Giants dumpster fire coaching staff. Clean house and rebuild.
    Step back from there ledge there buddy...Bit early to be so brash.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,339
    Here we go with "Hey, let's try being the Browns for a while" threads.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,725
    People need to step back from the ledge, the Giants were 0-5 but just spent a week hearing how awful they were and how they had no business even playing this game, they're a professional team with pride and they responded as they should. Anyone saying they're embarrassed by the loss took the "Denver has an easy win this week" way too seriously.

    And a change in play callers is a good way to mess with a defense. You spend a week preparing for tendencies and calls in situations and then you get to the situations and it's completely different. Not giving the DC a pass, but it's not shocking for a first time DC to struggle with that.

    The sun came up today, time to move on to San Angeles.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    People need to step back from the ledge, the Giants were 0-5 but just spent a week hearing how awful they were and how they had no business even playing this game, they're a professional team with pride and they responded as they should. Anyone saying they're embarrassed by the loss took the "Denver has an easy win this week" way too seriously.
    Understood but they should have known the circumstances and that this is the way it is in the NFL. An 0-5 wounded animal should surprise no one that has been playing this game.
    It seems like they were very lax in their emotion and their preparation and felt like the could just show up and win. No way. Not in this league.
    I watched a lot of Bronco channel on Youtube during their time off and it seemed like every one was some sort of rest day or something.
    I was like "Oh crap, we are going to lose. This looks like a vacation for some of these dudes" A rest day or time off should not take them completely out of the season from a competitive mindset perspective.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,725
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    Understood but they should have known the circumstances and that this is the way it is in the NFL. An 0-5 wounded animal should surprise no one that has been playing this game.
    It seems like they were very lax in their emotion and their preparation and felt like the could just show up and win. No way. Not in this league.
    I watched a lot of Bronco channel on Youtube during their time off and it seemed like every one was some sort of rest day or something.
    I was like "Oh crap, we are going to lose. This looks like a vacation for some of these dudes" A rest day or time off should not take them completely out of the season from a competitive mindset perspective.
    They got beat by a team that played better than they did, the opposition's record coming in is really immaterial, they played the game and lost. How they respond to the loss next game is more important than how they prepared for the loss. If they respond with a resounding win then things will do a 180 here, if they lose again then maybe there's something to it.

    It's a 16 game season, last night was just 1 of those 16.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    VJ don't like the style, why else did he refuse to bring Wade Philips back last off season.

    We've got to face it folks, the. I fly zone and defensive dominance is most likely over. I do understand why these NFL coaches are stubborn and fo the things that they do. Jack Delrio is guilty of the same offense while he was here with the Broncos. He wasted a few years of defense of talent with the stupid scheme that he ran.

    Our defense is not going to be as dominant as it usually is, not under Vance Joseph. For some reason John Elway has a thing for Vance Joseph.
    John Elway is the reason Wade is no longer here. Wade wanted more money, and John said no. Not only that, the Broncos thought they had a rising star in Woods and wanted him to be the new DC.

    Furthermore, we still have a dominant defense. It's currently ranked #1. It's not historically great as it was in 2015, but still plenty good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •