Page 8 of 412 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    I don't think he should get fired.

That said, It would be a different story if Special Teams played well or Defense played well or offense played well, etc
    But when ALL 3 PHASES STINK IT UP. That points directly to the head coach.

This is way overboard, but he got his butt kicked last night too. No way he's on the hot seat though. CJ should've scored, two missed field goals hurt ,but I can't figure out how we weren't prepared for the run. With their top 3 WRs out, we didn't expect the run??? The same way the Giants disrespected Trevor by crowding the box and daring him to take shots, we should've done the same. They had one legit pass catcher, Engram and we let Simmons get beat like a rug covering him one on one. I don't get why didn't actually put Talib to good use and shadow Engram or just double Engram almost every play. That's on the coaching in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    I don't think he should get fired.

That said, It would be a different story if Special Teams played well or Defense played well or offense played well, etc
    But when ALL 3 PHASES STINK IT UP. That points directly to the head coach.
    I think the faith in the offense has diminished and the defense lost morale as a result. Not uncommon. They are human after all.
    I believe.

"We had the best practice ever on Wednesday"

Boy does that ring hollow now.

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    "We had the best practice ever on Wednesday"

Boy does that ring hollow now.
    Meh, I've coached teams (not nearly at the NFL level obviously) where you'd have great practices leading up to a game and then just get destroyed in the game. Likewise I've had teams where we have awful practices leading up to a game and coaches expect to lose, only to see the players go out and absolutely light it up. It part of the randomness of football.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    I think the faith in the offense has diminished and the defense lost morale as a result. Not uncommon. They are human after all.
    I think the defense has lost even more morale and faith in the offense; if that's even possible...

Two major swings the missed field goal and the pick 6. I'm not worried about our Coaching staff. They are all more than qualified or else they would not be in a position where they are at. The Bills game was more of a killer~

Lat night was a classic Trap game against a very desperate team, that part is on the coaching. But there is something very wrong with the offense yes TS played a very bad game but McCoy is very much to blame as well, perhaps a bit more creativity or tailoring the offense a bit more to what works?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokers View Post
    Lat night was a classic Trap game against a very desperate team, that part is on the coaching. But there is something very wrong with the offense yes TS played a very bad game but McCoy is very much to blame as well, perhaps a bit more creativity or tailoring the offense a bit more to what works?
    Don't know that McCoy is capable of that......

I haven't analyzed the offense from this perspective but does McCoy/Trevor test the defense in the first few drives to find mismatches?
    I believe.

Well QB play is a huge issue like it or not, from last nights game Landon Collins said of TS: "He was just holding it too long and not letting it go" and Janoris Jenkins "we were talking about (Siemian staring down his WRs) on the sidelines.", so the recipe for beating the Broncos is to load the box to take away the run game and short passes, so until we fix that we will get more of the same.

Everyone has to do better. Including VJ. Team was flat as a pancake.

I think it should just be called for what it is-- the Giants had a good night and executed and the Broncos had a bad night.

It was everything and not just one thing. Sometimes games like this are good to get a different perspective. I think that perspective is that the Broncos offense is just not very good and that does not have much to do with Joseph's preparation as it does with Elway's personnel.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

It doesn't matter who the coach is or who the players are, the Broncos have a history of playing down to their competition.

This loss was not a surprise.

There's no reason to fire anyone.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I think it should just be called for what it is-- the Giants had a good night and executed and the Broncos had a bad night.

It was everything and not just one thing. Sometimes games like this are good to get a different perspective. I think that perspective is that the Broncos offense is just not very good and that does not have much to do with Joseph's preparation as it does with Elway's personnel.
    This is really how i see it as well & i think there is a ton of overreaction going on, lot of people saying we lost to the worst team in the nfl & that is simply not true...

despite the 0-5 record coming in the giants are not that bad, they lost 3 games on game winning field goals so they could have easily been 3-2, they have a very good defense & outplayed us on both sides of the ball, it's that simple & like you said games like that happen just put it behind & move on.

On a side note: I would say fire whoever is responsible for us wearing those dam blue uniforms!