Page 348 of 348 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 346 347 348
Results 5,206 to 5,216 of 5216
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    In one week we have seen our boards go from 10-6....possibly considering VJ to Coach of the Year

To

6-10 and being canned

Personally I always looked at his body of work and realized he was not ready to be a HC. We took a chance of maybe getting the next young great one and struck out
    Realistically I see the Broncos going 8-8. They are average - they can beat good teams or lose to bad teams.

Hereís the bad news though. If they go 8-8 I think they retain VJ. 8-8 is a lot better than 5-11, and Elway will keep his illusion that we are one or two players away from greatness. It might be better for the team to lose out, actually to make the front office wake up.

Plus I think with all the fights over team ownership going on, nobody has the stomach to make a change to either the head coach or GM positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancher Mike View Post
    Realistically I see the Broncos going 8-8. They are average - they can beat good teams or lose to bad teams.

Here’s the bad news though. If they go 8-8 I think they retain VJ. 8-8 is a lot better than 5-11, and Elway will keep his illusion that we are one or two players away from greatness. It might be better for the team to lose out, actually to make the front office wake up.

Plus I think with all the fights over team ownership going on, nobody has the stomach to make a change to either the head coach or GM positions.
    I don’t think 8-8 saves VJ’s job, especially if Elway thinks there’s dissension among the players toward the coaches, as some might infer from comments made by players to the media.

Elway’s job might be safe because of the ownership issue, but Elway controls who the coach is and Kubiak might not be able to convince Elway to keep VJ this time.
    Negs are for Cowards. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I don’t think 8-8 saves VJ’s job, especially if Elway thinks there’s dissension among the players toward the coaches, as some might infer from comments made by players to the media.

Elway’s job might be safe because of the ownership issue, but Elway controls who the coach is and Kubiak might not be able to convince Elway to keep VJ this time.
    If Elway keeps Vance, I'm buying a billboard in front of the stadium.

I'll refinance my damn house, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Very good!!!
    👍🏻
    We all know that the broncos chances of the the playoffs are slim to none at this point however once we are in fact mathematically eliminated, I believe weíll start seeing sone type of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    If Elway keeps Vance, I'm buying a billboard in front of the stadium.

I'll refinance my damn house, I don't care.
    Hahahahaha Enlighten us!

Quote Originally Posted by Rancher Mike View Post

Here’s the bad news though. If they go 8-8 I think they retain VJ. 8-8 is a lot better than 5-11, and Elway will keep his illusion that we are one or two players away from greatness. It might be better for the team to lose out, actually to make the front office wake up.

I don't think 8-8 will do it, because of last week. The team was in the playoff fight, they just needed to come out and keep playing and keep winning and they were flat. That first half was embarrassing and that was all on coaching. Seeing the team come out like that in a must win game probably (hopefully) makes Elway start looking at the close games v the Chefs, Texans and Rams, and start to wonder if a better coaching staff would have gotten wins from those games?

Keep in mind that Elway reportedly considered firing John Fox after Super Bowl 48 because of how flat they were, but he was talked out of it. He was going to fire Vance Joseph in January, but he was talked out of it. I don't think he'll be talked out of it this time. He knows he's got the wrong coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I expected the Talib trade to happen and thought it was the right move. What I didn't anticipate is just how bad Roby would be...

Had Roby played better, no one would care about the Talib trade in the long run.
    Yeah it's become apparent over the last few weeks that Roby isn't going to be worth whatever he'll be asking next season. We'd be better off drafting another CB and letting Yiadom and CHJ take the #1 and #2 roles.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

In one week we have seen our boards go from 10-6....possibly considering VJ to Coach of the Year

To

6-10 and being canned

Personally I always looked at his body of work and realized he was not ready to be a HC. We took a chance of maybe getting the next young great one and struck out
    As new evidence presents itself, one must reevaluate their position. With the loss of Harris and Sanders, the precautious nature of that 3-game win streak was going to be exposed. And, of course, it was. VJ taking a jab at Von (shows his frustration and probably didnít win him points at Dove Valley).

The first half defensive performance was atrocious (and VJ is a defensively-inclined HC).

Now, with the injuries and Keenum, itís hard to feel confident this team can win another game this season. Iíll bet weíll have a shot it all 3... but all 3 opponents have the better QB. CLE must be our most winnable... but I canít predict how theyíll play... especially if Mayfield continues to slice up our passing defense like previous QBs, even with Harris.

Can we score we enough points if teams prevent Lindsay from the big play?

Chuckie and OAK will want blood. We havenít won many road DIv games lately.

SD will destroy us if they have to win that game... If not, they may toy around enough we only lose by 10.

So, 6-10 is probably our record... which seems likely, after the SF loss.

Elway probably throws VJ to the wolves. Not saying itís deserved... or even if thereís a more attractive candidate...

But Elway wonít abide 11-21 over 2 years, especially now that Miller got thrown under the bus. Will Von let it slide or will he push Elway to say tah-tah???
    Last edited by fraguela09; Yesterday at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Yeah it's become apparent over the last few weeks that Roby isn't going to be worth whatever he'll be asking next season. We'd be better off drafting another CB and letting Yiadom and CHJ take the #1 and #2 roles.
    Theyíll have to have another solid draft class to get these issues handled. We need a QB, O-linemen, a CB or two and a cover linebacker not to mention safeties because I donít see Suía staying healthy throughout an entire season and Simmons although a big play guy just doesnít seem like an all that solid of a player.

I was so hoping for Isaiah Oliver last draft but hopefully theyíll have someone in mind but heís gotta be a top cover guy if they want to return to greatness!

Iím really concerned that there wonít be many good HC candidates available, and that weíll just be starting with another new HC who needs years to learn from his mistakes.

To

6-10 and being canned

It is clear that you hold a "throw the baby out with the bathwater" kind of attitude to VJ, and have had many exercises in how to massive misrepresent things argued.

What others have argued is a:
    - IF and only IF VJ continues to improve we should stay the course!
    - IF and only IF we have a 2011 like run from massive fail to a Cinderella story then VJ deserves credit!

The sad thing is that a game like the 49'ers and the Jets come about where it is obvious that the ability to adjust between different series of play is not there. It is not ok that a TE burns us repeatedly for 200 yards in a half without any functional adjustments being made.

This is kind of like the 2011 game against the Bills that we should win and which got away. In that game we were prepared. Scored TDs on the first series of both halfs, but then had defensive and ST blunders putting us in a hole, and QB that had the worst 20 minutes of his playing career when trying to make up for all the mistakes the team had. It was a hard fought game where we got humiliated.

The thing with VJ is that he does not seem to be able to correct things on the fly. He may be very good at analysing plays etc. , but if he needs to do that at a desk with ample time, he will keep getting burned by the plays that requires that you think on your feet.