Page 170 of 412 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 6170
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    Vance needs to go. Now. Say what you want about McDaniels, at least he was good with X's and O's.
    You can't have a coach that struggles with strategy. His job is to outsmart the other head coaches' strategies. Imagine Vance Joseph trying to do that. It's laughable. Bill Belichick is the master of X's and O's. He yells at his players, he grinds them, he is not a "player's coach" or a "leader of men" trying to act like a cheerleader, but you rarely see the Patriots shoot themselves in the foot and struggle with situational football.

The head coach can't be extremely poor with people like Josh McDaniels, but you don't have a chance if the head coach can't come up with good X's and O's to play against the top head coaches and coordinators in this game.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

We won the Superbowl 2 1/2 years ago. John Elway isn't going anywhere unless HE decides to quit. On the other hand, I can't imagine that Vance Joseph survives until the end of the day, tomorrow. The team quit on VJ, and his time as Head Coach in Denver is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Lack of accountability is definitely laden within his statement. It also tells me that they think it's 3 years ago and we're still amazing. We're not coming out trying to prove ourselves anymore, and it's just a garbage mentality to have.
    Agree. The Broncos played like the Jets owed them a win. Near the end of the game Will Parks was in position to lower his shoulder and make a tackle. He stood straight up and barely made the effort to put his arm out. His lack of effort illustrates the lack of toughness and will to win. If VJ had any sense of urgency he would ask Elway to release Parks tomorrow. But he wont because hes not about winning, hes about coddling players and telling them he feels good about next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    We've now lost 4 in a row, VJ loves his losing streaks
    Wow, we're gong into the future now, since our record id 2-3?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agree. The Broncos played like the Jets owed them a win. Near the end of the game Will Parks was in position to lower his shoulder and make a tackle. He stood straight up and barely made the effort to put his arm out. His lack of effort illustrates the lack of toughness and will to win. If VJ had any sense of urgency he would ask Elway to release Parks tomorrow. But he won’t because he’s not about winning, he’s about coddling players and telling them he feels good about next Sunday.
    That is reminiscent of Talib last year mailing it in late in the season. The big difference here is we are in week 5 not 10. If guys are giving up now, be prepared for more blowouts.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    You can't have a coach that struggles with strategy. His job is to outsmart the other head coaches' strategies. Imagine Vance Joseph trying to do that. It's laughable. Bill Belichick is the master of X's and O's. He yells at his players, he grinds them, he is not a "player's coach" or a "leader of men" trying to act like a cheerleader, but you rarely see the Patriots shoot themselves in the foot and struggle with situational football.

The head coach can't be extremely poor with people like Josh McDaniels, but you don't have a chance if the head coach can't come up with good X's and O's to play against the top head coaches and coordinators in this game.
    Yes, McDaniels was horrible as well, but I think Joseph is worse. He's lost the respect of his players, (Talib wanted out because of him) and lost the locker room. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but our players want a coach that.... can coach. You are definitely right about him not being able to outsmart other coaches, and how we struggle with situational football. Just more reasons he needs to go.

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Whatever his decisions is I do not think Elway can afford to wait too long. His position is getting more heat, and rightly so. He's now in the position of what to do that can A) save something of the season and locker room and B)save his own job.

The only reasonable choice I think he has in the coming days or weeks is to let Joseph walk and name an interim coach and then look for a replacement that is competent.

Any more mistakes like this might well see him run out of town.
    If Elway doesnt make a move now, it could depend on what happens next week. Bouncing back with a win as unlikely as that is, could save VJ for the near future.

Elway earned time from the success with Manning and brining the third Lombardi to the Broncos. However, I believe your thinking - Elway cant make another mistake with the next head coach. The Broncos are a proud franchise on a slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    That is reminiscent of Talib last year mailing it in late in the season. The big difference here is we are in week 5 not 10. If guys are giving up now, be prepared for more blowouts.
    I was on the fire VJ train last season. After Elways decision to keep him I expressed concerns but ultimately decided to give him a chance. It seemed like there was improvement with the team battling through some issues in the first two games. Now the wheels fell off.

Unless there is a dramatic turnaround I cant imagine what the Rams will do next week.

Bring this guy in next year to be the head coach.

The man has lost two thirds of his games, and most of those losses in embarrassing fashion. Would it really hurt to cut ties now? Is there ANY benefit in stringing this out? Asking for a friend.

Never should've been hired in the 1st place. Should be fired asap.

He's arguably the worst coach I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Never should've been hired in the 1st place. Should be fired asap.

He's arguably the worst coach I've ever seen.
    He should be....but it won't happen for at least 4-6 more weeks. That's a comforting thought isnt it?!?!?

Im all for a change. I would prefer Woods and VJ. But the question becomes, if you fire them both immediately, or even as some suggest, wait until midpoint, who do we promote to interim head coach? Id be okay with Musgrave finishing out the season, even though the offense is struggling too, or at least the passing offense is. But if not Musgrave, who do yall suggest?

Give Musgrave a chance, can't be worse than VJ. Not sure about the D but Woods has to go too. He doesn't adjust, just like VJ. The mark of a good staff is how they adjust during the game or at halftime. We look worse in the 2nd half! Look at the KC game! Andy adjusted, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdunn View Post
    Joseph needs to go. Elway needs to pull the trigger NOW.
    We've gotta have someone to go to. Musgrave? That would be a sick joke to put that clown in charge of the team. Woods? Maybe not as much of a joke but definitely a step in the wrong direction. Maybe Mike Sullivan could become interim??