Page 205 of 412 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 6170
  1. #3061
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Grew up in Aurora! live in Bothell, Wa.
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Maybe so, I don't know. Not going to read too much into tonight's win against a terrible team.
    Did you enjoy the win?? was it fun??

    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!

  2. #3062
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Oh for sure, you can do what you wish. I think this team has far too much talent to be 3-4 but they're 3-4 regardless
    And you just captured the essence of this thread and why it exists Jake...


  3. #3063
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,840
    Vance is gonna be a dunce forever in my opinion. One win doesnt matter.

  4. #3064
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,180
    It seems like People in the NFL like and respect him. I think he will learn the job eventually and possibly become a decent HC?

  5. #3065
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    635
    My personal feeling is that game was 100% attitude and talent and not coaching.

    I did feel that, overall, the coaching moved in the right direction, specifically offensive play design (calling and executing were still poor). For the D, that was an attitude/pride game against arguably the worst offense in the league.

    Way too early to say we've righted this ship but I expect the improvement from chj, von, and chubb will be there the rest of the season. Hopefully Stewart comes back h EA wealthy and Sua can see the field.

  6. #3066
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,662
    Coaching didn't change against Arizona, formations didn't change, we have been setting up the wide receiver pass since the pre-season, and our players just executed against the worst team in football. Nothing has changed from a week ago with this team in my opinion, we will still be able to compete with middle of the road teams and put together some wins, but this coaching staff is still bad, our playing group still has a lot of issues, but fortunately for them they face a last place schedule, so 8-8 still isn't out of the question.

    This win does buys both Keenum and Joseph some more time, but I see both in different roles come December when we play the 49ers. I see us coming out of the bye week losing potentially 5 straight with games against the Cheifs, Texans, Chargers, Steelers, and Bengals. That would leave us at 3-9 and that's when I see Vance being fired and Kelly getting a shot at playing. That would leave 4 games at the end of the season against the 49ers, Browns, Raiders, and Chargers at home, which all are winnable. The question then would be would you want to win them games sitting at 3-9 ? I wouldn't want to.

  7. #3067
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    My personal feeling is that game was 100% attitude and talent and not coaching.

    I did feel that, overall, the coaching moved in the right direction, specifically offensive play design (calling and executing were still poor). For the D, that was an attitude/pride game against arguably the worst offense in the league.

    Way too early to say we've righted this ship but I expect the improvement from chj, von, and chubb will be there the rest of the season. Hopefully Stewart comes back h EA wealthy and Sua can see the field.
    I don't know whether the ship has been righted or not. We shall see. And I don't know if VJ will end up being a good coach or not. Time will tell. But the comment I highlighted is the kind of thing I tend to take issue with. So if the team plays a great game and wins it is 100% effort and has nothing to do with coaching. Yet when we lose it's not about attitude or effort, it's bad coaching? When the players put forth a poor effort, VJ gets the blame and is roasted on here for not being a "leader of men". If he's going to get the blame when player's attitude seems bad, surely he has to get a little credit when their attitude seems to be good.

  8. #3068
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,868
    Quote Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
    I don't know whether the ship has been righted or not. We shall see. And I don't know if VJ will end up being a good coach or not. Time will tell. But the comment I highlighted is the kind of thing I tend to take issue with. So if the team plays a great game and wins it is 100% effort and has nothing to do with coaching. Yet when we lose it's not about attitude or effort, it's bad coaching? When the players put forth a poor effort, VJ gets the blame and is roasted on here for not being a "leader of men". If he's going to get the blame when player's attitude seems bad, surely he has to get a little credit when their attitude seems to be good.
    Great post!

    It just highlights how some just have their mind made up no matter what happens that they want the coach run out of town...

    hell i'm willing to bet even if we make the playoffs that there will still be those that want the coach fired.

  9. #3069
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,732
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    My personal feeling is that game was 100% attitude and talent and not coaching.

    I did feel that, overall, the coaching moved in the right direction, specifically offensive play design (calling and executing were still poor). For the D, that was an attitude/pride game against arguably the worst offense in the league.

    Way too early to say we've righted this ship but I expect the improvement from chj, von, and chubb will be there the rest of the season. Hopefully Stewart comes back h EA wealthy and Sua can see the field.

    Yeah I don't think they 'played for' Joseph or Woods...I feel as though they went out and 'played for' themselves (team) and for their own self-pride.

    Luckily they went up against a tomato-can team that's even worse then we are.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 10-20-2018 at 10:55 AM.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  10. #3070
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Yeah I don't think they 'played for' Joseph or Woods...I feel as though they went out and 'played for' themselves (team) and for their own self-pride.

    Luckily they went up against a tomato-can team that's even worse then we are.
    Haha we thought that with the jets

  11. #3071
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,110
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Haha we thought that with the jets


    The Jets have a Franchise QB Denver does not. All this win did was buy VJ a few more weeks. I expect VJ to be fired as he should be and I expect Case to be benched as he should be. This win just prolonged what needs to be done and we all know this.

  12. #3072
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,684
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Coaching didn't change against Arizona, formations didn't change, we have been setting up the wide receiver pass since the pre-season, and our players just executed against the worst team in football. Nothing has changed from a week ago with this team in my opinion, we will still be able to compete with middle of the road teams and put together some wins, but this coaching staff is still bad, our playing group still has a lot of issues, but fortunately for them they face a last place schedule, so 8-8 still isn't out of the question.

    This win does buys both Keenum and Joseph some more time, but I see both in different roles come December when we play the 49ers. I see us coming out of the bye week losing potentially 5 straight with games against the Cheifs, Texans, Chargers, Steelers, and Bengals. That would leave us at 3-9 and that's when I see Vance being fired and Kelly getting a shot at playing. That would leave 4 games at the end of the season against the 49ers, Browns, Raiders, and Chargers at home, which all are winnable. The question then would be would you want to win them games sitting at 3-9 ? I wouldn't want to.
    i could see 4-8, i can see us easily beating the texans, i feel we should be able to beat them

    we obviously need upgrades at certain positions. CB, OT ilb and QB mainly. it also feels like stewart has lost a step and he isn't fast enought to play in the nfl. i'd like to see a youth movement at SS see what thomas and parks can do more.

    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    The Jets have a Franchise QB Denver does not. All this win did was buy VJ a few more weeks. I expect VJ to be fired as he should be and I expect Case to be benched as he should be. This win just prolonged what needs to be done and we all know this.

    i feel like 4 weeks before the season ends is the perfect time. not because of the bye because that gives elway and his crew 4 weeks to evaluate every head coaching candidate before moving to the interview portion after the season. that should ample to prepare and have all the candidates lined up for quick interviews
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 10-20-2018 at 02:30 PM.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  13. #3073
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,913
    Vance Joseph is on the hot seat. I doubt he is fired during this season unless Elway & Co. feel they have a better alternative moving forward. If they have another debacle like they did against the Jets, it could happen. Firing him now could be more detrimental than allowing him to finish this season. It depends on what happens starting with game eight. If VJ makes it to the end of a losing season, I think he will probably get fired. A winning year shy of a playoff spot is more of a gray area, and will be decided based on what is known only inside of Dove Valley.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #3074
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,212
    According to the Denver Post, the last time the Broncos scored 35 points in the first half, Josh McDaniels was fired 3 weeks later...

  15. #3075
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    608
    I disagree, vj has been calling great games. We need to give him the rest of the season. See where we stand after.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •