Page 206 of 412 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 6170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Yeah I don't think they 'played for' Joseph or Woods...I feel as though they went out and 'played for' themselves (team) and for their own self-pride.

Luckily they went up against a tomato-can team that's even worse then we are.
    No one outside of the locker room knows whether they played for themselves, or for their coaches. But everyone knew the coach had his back against the wall and staring at a pink slip and the team came out fired up and dominated the game, regardless of who the opponent was.

Whether you like him or not, want him fired or not, there's no arguing that with his life in their hands the team came out and performed in this game.

they should keep him on for the rest of the season, see what happens, may as well at this point and then go from there. See if he shows ANY signs of righting the ship

IMO the only reasons to fire a coach mid-way through the season is to make a statement or give a person a chance who has a legit shot at being named the next full time HC.

No reason to make a statement...tho I know many fans want it.

If Elway thinks the next potential head coach is currently under contract than fire VJ and promote that person to intern coach and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    IMO the only reasons to fire a coach mid-way through the season is to make a statement or give a person a chance who has a legit shot at being named the next full time HC.

No reason to make a statement...tho I know many fans want it.

If Elway thinks the next potential head coach is currently under contract than fire VJ and promote that person to intern coach and see how things go.
    I agree with this post, but I just dislike this group of defensive coaches so much I don't want to see them on the sidelines any longer, so your logical points I hate. The only contrary point I can think of in firing Vance now, even though you don't have your potential candidate in house is, you advertise early and before anyone else that this job is open. It allows Elway to get his list together and reach out to guys he wants to interview when that becomes legal to do so.

I thought Vance was a goner. But I will say. Our players came out and played there hardest best ball of the year for him knowing what was on the line. That says a lot. Lets give him a few more weeks and see how they go. I wouldnt say give him the rest of the season

Maybe we can get lucky and beat the Chiefs?
    (What a great opportunity for this team, Players and coaches to prove themselves.)

Let's see Von & Company kick some butts this week, they were all big and bad talking "Bull Jive" last week, Now let's see them get the job done against a Contender, and a division rival.

And For stability of the organization, we can't be all Willy Nilly and change the HC mid season.
    They hired VJ and should at least, to be fair, let him finish the season.

VJ will last the season... and really does it matter? Vance won't be in Denver next season... I can't see into the future but, to me that is as close as a gimme as there is. He should have been gone last season.. or better yet in my opinion never given the job to begin with.

Many seem to be feeling Vance after the beat down of Arizona.. literally the worst team in the league no doubt. Notice how the Chiefs won tonight with the same score 45-10.. means nothing but, I thought that was interesting. The Bengals are not the Cardinals by any stretch.. that Chiefs win tonight was impressive... they beat down a very good team.

Who knows how next Sunday will go... often times division rivals play each other very strong and not always indicative of the standings. I highly doubt the Broncos will come out of Arrowhead with a win but, it may not be a humiliating beat down either. The Broncos had their chance to beat the Chiefs at home and they could not do it.. there is little chance it will happen at Arrowhead... not impossible but, in my opinion highly unlikely.

I guess we need to ask ourselves if we are okay with a 7-9 season.. or maybe 8-8 and if the answer is yes than I guess one should support Vance coming back next year as head coach. If just seeing some improvement is enough to justify his return than I am sure the Broncos will show that improvement... kind of hard to get worse than awful and last season was awful.

My opinion is VJ has a ceiling and even though it is probably better than what he has shown up to this point, it isn't high enough to take the Broncos anywhere they want to go long term. My guess is the guy will never coach a Bronco's team to the play off's. Of course the Broncos go in and beat the Chiefs and all bets are off... at that point I will admit I was wrong and give the guy his 3rd chance.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

I think he finishes the season. Might as well. Get a top 5 pick, new coach, hopefully a proven veteran NFL coach. VJ will be fired the day after the last game...book it.

After last nights game I'm thinking Marvin Lewis may be available this off season. He is a proven DC as he was great in Baltimore, and with HC experience he could help our new, young, offensive minded HC we get from ???. Seriously, guys like Lewis don't become available very often. Another guy for DC who may be available is Wilks. He doesn't have the Lewis credentials but he has a good rep and did a good job in Carolina.
    As far as HC, well, we have to see if we can extract a top coordinator or long term coach. I'd much prefer an offensive minded guy with a penchant to gamble. As of today, I don't see anyone who excites me but if you wait until a guy is super obvious he's already snatched up. A couple of us have mentioned Toub, and to me, he would be great IF paired with the right OC and DC. I see Toub as an experienced guy with excellent planning skills as demonstrated by his special teams' success. My number one interview question for Toub would be who would you bring in as OC and DC.

I still like hiring Pete Carmichael as our HC and bringing in Mike Nolan to be the DC. Carmichael may not sound the part of a HC but hes a very good if not brilliant offensive mind and Nolan has proven himself as a DC. Winning is the cure all to everything and I think this would be better than piecing a coaching staff together from scratch like we did with Joseph. Bring in some coaches that have continuity together and good track records.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I still like hiring Pete Carmichael as our HC and bringing in Mike Nolan to be the DC. Carmichael may not sound the part of a HC but he’s a very good if not brilliant offensive mind and Nolan has proven himself as a DC. Winning is the cure all to everything and I think this would be better than piecing a coaching staff together from scratch like we did with Joseph. Bring in some coaches that have continuity together and good track records.
    Yes on the first part, hell no on the second part.

Isn't one terrible stint with Mike Nolan enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Always good enough of a defense to get you knocked off in the playoffs.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Mike Nolan had our defense at the top of the league during our 6 game winning streak, it wasnt until McDaniels started telling him how to run the defense that they fell off

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Always good enough of a defense to get you knocked off in the playoffs.
    During his time here, it wasn't even that good. It was back 3/4ths of the league in most categories. He's not a good defensive coach.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Mike Nolan had our defense at the top of the league during our 6 game winning streak, it wasn’t until McDaniels started telling him how to run the defense that they fell off
    Or maybe it's that teams figured out our scheme and its weaknesses? 6 weeks in and most teams have enough tape to start poking holes in your gameplan. A good coach adjusts, a bad coach gets exposed. I think that's the far more likely outcome. Especially since Mike Nolan really hasn't fielded many top tier defenses since then.