Page 255 of 412 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 6170
    You guys have to consider that maybe Elway asked some of the other coaches in the staff if they want the interim job, and they all said no. If nobody wants to be the interim HC they're pretty much stuck with VJ till the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    You guys have to consider that maybe Elway asked some of the other coaches in the staff if they want the interim job, and they all said no. If nobody wants to be the interim HC they're pretty much stuck with VJ till the end of the year.
    As poor of a job as this team does at keeping that kind stuff internal, we'd have caught wind of something like that. I think we're genuinely just going to ride out the season and see where we land.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    We can offer something good enough to get the Colts or Ravens to bite. We are already pretty young and don't need the picks. Luck for 2 1sts, 2 2nd, Keenum and Sanders.
    There's zero incentive for Indy to trade Luck. Indy is projected to have the most cap space next year, and Luck is proven to back. Thats a very winnable division. I'd love Luck but there's no way Indy is moving him. If they did, it would have been during last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Elway also said "for now", if Denver loses the next 3 and sits at 3-9, at Chargers, Bengals and home with the Steelers, all tough games, maybe they make a move then. But just because they didnt fire him now doesnt mean they wont unless Denver really turns it around.

Interesting comment about potential future coaching staff.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/05/nf...bell-steelers?

9. Denverís Vance Joseph is under a lot of pressure going forward, and his staffís handling of the end of the game against Houston is the type of thing that invites scrutiny in a time like that. Itís very fair to say Denver closed up shop once they got to the Texans 37 with 43 seconds left, which shows either too little confidence in the offense or too much confidence in kicker Brandon McManus. Either way, McManus missed a 51-yarder at the gun, which left the Broncos 3Ė6. And that with some buzz starting circulate in NFL circles that GM John Elway has taken a special interest in the kinds of college concepts his division rival Chiefs have employed, which could be a tip to his plans for January, if things keep going this way.
    I don't think that confirms that the HC would be a college-concept type guy but could influence they type of OC. For example, a John Harbaugh could still be in line for HC but with an OC that would employ some of these college type offensive concepts.

The only way any of this gets resolved in the near future is if Bill Bowlen's lawsuit gains traction. As bad as it is for us fans think of how bad it must bee to see your brother's legacy being ran into the ground by people that have ZERO accountability. At the very least Beth wouldn't allow this dumpster fire to continue and I'd rather fail with inexperience and passion than fail with greed and apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by neutessa View Post
    Interesting comment about potential future coaching staff.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/05/nf...bell-steelers?

I don't think that confirms that the HC would be a college-concept type guy but could influence they type of OC. For example, a John Harbaugh could still be in line for HC but with an OC that would employ some of these college type offensive concepts.
    Lincoln Riley here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Lincoln Riley here we come!
    I would be overjoyed if we got Lincoln Riley to come coach for us. But I don't know if he would go for it, stepping out of a secure position at OU to here where there isn't a franchise QB and everything is a mess.

Edit: and yep, I doubt he's leaving OU.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/col
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 11-08-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Chris Pederson of Washington would be a homerun hire if they went the college route. I dont know if he'd leave UDub though.

If Riley left OU, he'd go to Cleveland with Baker.

Bring in an established Head Coach that can win. No more people with zero head coaching experience. Harbaugh would be the best possible thing for this team if he becomes available.

Riley has the "coach for life" stamp at OU right now. Why stop living like a king in Norman with a storied program that needs no help recruiting big time talent for an NFL team with no QB and a mess with the rest of the roster?

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I would be overjoyed if we got Lincoln Riley to come coach for us. But I don't know if he would go for it, stepping out of a secure position at OU to here where there isn't a franchise QB and everything is a mess.

Edit: and yep, I doubt he's leaving OU.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/col
    Riley is the only college coach Iíd support coming here. However with Joe Ellis Iím not so sure that would even be an option because of the amount of money it would take to get him let alone convince him of any job security he many have longer than two years.

Especially if he doesnít have a QB in Denver but Iím sure he wouldnít be stoked over keenum for another year.

I think I would still go with the proven NFL commodity in John Harbaugh before I would go with Lincoln Riley just for the simple fact and this is a bad comparison but all the good things being said about Riley right now weíre the same things said about a Vance Joseph two years ago.

I know itís a very bad comparison because Riley is on a different level but we do not know how he would perform under the pressures of the NFL.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-08-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FleaFlicker View Post
    The only way any of this gets resolved in the near future is if Bill Bowlen's lawsuit gains traction. As bad as it is for us fans think of how bad it must bee to see your brother's legacy being ran into the ground by people that have ZERO accountability. At the very least Beth wouldn't allow this dumpster fire to continue and I'd rather fail with inexperience and passion than fail with greed and apathy.
    Thank you for stating the most obvious solution to this mess. Whether a Bowlen ends up leading the team or the NFL forces it to be sold, I hope something is done soon. Bring in real leadership, management, coaching and send this group off to their next gig (selling used cars and ocean front property in Arizona most likely).

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Considering all the other questions by the coaching staff, not sure a firing does anything. Unless Denver finishes on a really good note, it's hard to see VJ as coach next year.

This isnt like college where you can get your pick of anyone right away, you gotta wait to see who is available. Letting VJ finish out the year is good for HC purposes since it would give the next guy at least 2 years and show he wouldnt be yanked early on.
    Personally I think every game VJ coaches for this team causes further internal damage. Sure it doesn't help statistically for the team, but if the players aren't buying into the coaching staff or supporting them anymore, then it means you're prolonging a locker room problem. Obviously that's not how Elway feels, it seems every possible excuse and leeway will be given to VJ. Is there even any assurances that VJ will be fired by the end of the season? He made it through 5-11 and likely another losing season, what's to stop a third year of him if Elway is "encouraged about the team"?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Personally I think every game VJ coaches for this team causes further internal damage. Sure it doesn't help statistically for the team, but if the players aren't buying into the coaching staff or supporting them anymore, then it means you're prolonging a locker room problem. Obviously that's not how Elway feels, it seems every possible excuse and leeway will be given to VJ. Is there even any assurances that VJ will be fired by the end of the season? He made it through 5-11 and likely another losing season, what's to stop a third year of him if Elway is "encouraged about the team"?
    Itís stunning to hear Elway say heís ďmuch more encouragedĒ about this season. I agree with you that he might not fire VJ. Sounds like losing is becoming acceptable. Itís okay though because VJ is focused on winning games.