Page 396 of 412 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 6170
    If Elway and Kubes brought VJ in a room and showed him film over the past season and coached him up on what he could have done better, I would be ok if VJ got another season to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    If Elway and Kubes brought VJ in a room and showed him film over the past season and coached him up on what he could have done better, I would be ok if VJ got another season to improve.
    Iím sure thatís happened already haha. Canít teach an old dog new tricks. Especially if they are blind and deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    Horrible idea. VJ is (at least in title) an NFL head coach. He should be at the point in his career where he does not need hand holding from the GM and senior personnel adviser. If you truly believe he needs to be sat down and shown film to help him get better at this point in his life then VJ should have have given his own resignation months ago and stopped pretending to be a coach.
    Last edited by Rastic; 12-28-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Horrible idea. VJ is (at least in title) an NFL head coach. He should be at the point in his career where he does not need hand holding from the GM and senior personnel adviser. If you truly believe he needs to be sat down and shown film to help him get better at this point in his life then VJ should have have given his own resignation months ago and stopped pretending to be a coach.
    Pretending to be a coach. I think that summarizes it perfectly.

My guess is, Vance is one of those individuals that interviews really well. He said all the right things to all the right people. Then, once in place...he goes:

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I gotcha! I was trying to be nice 😊

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Is it a bad thing that I am actually looking forward to black Monday more that the games this week?

The only think I really was to see is Philly out, and the Pats be not one of the top 2 seeds.Crossing fingers
    Is it a bad thing that I root for the Patriottís demise more than a Broncos win at time of the year?

I want NE to have to be a Wild card team because I know how poorly they play on the road.

NE hasnít won playoff road game since 2006.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-28-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Is it a bad thing that I root for the Patriots demise more than the Broncos win at time of the year?

I want NE to have to be the number #3 seed so badly because I know bab they play on the road.
    No, your feelings towards the Pats are completely normal and justified. The only thing better than N.E. losing is N.E. losing to Denver.
    Last edited by gerontion; 12-28-2018 at 05:53 PM.

I haven't been looking forward to the end of the Broncos season in as long as I can remember? But I am kinda looking forward to Monday, so this whole VJ Head Coaching nightmare can be over.

NFL coaches need to be perfectionists imo. Vance is too mellow imo, that and I don't think he was ever really qualified for the job. He had one year in Miami as a D coordinator which does not mean much. Let's cut to the chase, it is really Elway who needs to go - other than getting Manning to sign he has no clue and needs to go.

If Elway stays around awhile as GM, he is most likely going to hoist another Lombardi Trophy for us at some point.
    Broncos with #7 ~ 3 Lombardi's, Broncos without #7 ~ O Lombardi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The offense is tied for 8th in fewest sacks allowed through 15 games. The team was +7 - I think the offense only turned the ball over on fumbles 3 times.

On the flip side the Broncos were 28th in 3rd down conversions. Red zone scoring ranked 14th which wasnít terrible - the offense didnít get to the red zone enough because they didnít sustain drives. The other problem was McManus - ranked 25th in FGM.

The team was also penalized too often and punt return average was horrible.

Considering the injuries and makeshift O-line they played fairly well. We just need a better quarterback - imagine that?
    I completely agree with you but we also need a better play caller. Somebody whoís not going to go away from a successful running game so much and somebody who can change things up and add a little bit a disguise and perhaps some trickery to pick up a first down.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    If Elway stays around awhile as GM, he is most likely going to hoist another Lombardi Trophy for us at some point.
    Broncos with #7 ~ 3 Lombardi's, Broncos without #7 ~ O Lombardi's.
    Honest question is how do you figure? Elway clearly has no clue how to draft a QB and the coaching decisions have been horrible as well. Peyton Manning was the reason Denver was good from 2012-2015, not Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Honest question is how do you figure? Elway clearly has no clue how to draft a QB and the coaching decisions have been horrible as well. Peyton Manning was the reason Denver was good from 2012-2015, not Elway.
    Difficult to not agree with this. Kinda have to throw Wade Phillips in for 2015 though.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I completely agree with you but we also need a better play caller. Somebody whoís not going to go away from a successful running game so much and somebody who can change things up and add a little bit a disguise and perhaps some trickery to pick up a first down.
    Hopefully Sanders comes back strong. We also need consistent production at TE. Early in the season Jake Butt flashed (haha) signs of what he could do. Heuerman started to play well and we lost him to injury. If that wasnít bad enough we lost Sanders. The offense wasnít that good and losing so many players made it worse. Having said that I donít give a pass to VJ or Musgrave.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Manning did build a great defense in 2012 and 2015. And your point falls apart when you say the coaching decisions have been horrible, he's hired 3 and the first two both went to super bowls. The third one was a horrible choice, but that doesn't nullify the first 2.

Manning was not a reason they were great in 2015.