Page 240 of 412 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 6170
    Thinking as Elway. Wouldn't you want to leave the potato in place at this point? I mean I doubt there is anyone on the staff they are legit thinking of giving a shot to be the HC next year. He's doing a good job of getting us situated to have a top 10 draft pick. I can't stand VJ and I dont see the rush to do it. Looks better if he waits too. More respectful.... College isn't even done yet so its not like he can go fishing there yet.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    He won’t get fired. He’ll call a timeout before the meeting with elway.
    Haha he say he we need a good week of practice before i get fired
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Thinking as Elway. Wouldn't you want to leave the potato in place at this point? I mean I doubt there is anyone on the staff they are legit thinking of giving a shot to be the HC next year. He's doing a good job of getting us situated to have a top 10 draft pick. I can't stand VJ and I dont see the rush to do it. Looks better if he waits too. More respectful.... College isn't even done yet so its not like he can go fishing there yet.
    I think its the optics to the fan base. Show that there is somebody in charge of the dumpster fire.

Come on already, it's 10:30. How long does it take to fire someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Oh c'mom, this is basic football knowledge, at that length of field goal, every yard closer ups the percentage of it being good.

With a timeout and 40 seconds left, they should've at least tried to get closer and made an easier field goal, every other team in the league would've tried to get closer. You never want to put the game in the kickers hands when the field goal is over 50 yards, especially on a windy day where both kickers had already missed kicks.
    The time was there, an extra down was there, there's just no excuse for this idiotic call. I could scarcely friggin' believe Case was huddling after Lindsay's 2nd down run!

The mentality reminds of Fox forcing Peyton freakin' Manning to take a knee in the 2012 Raven's game-- super conservative, timid minimalism. Incompentency aside, VJ doesn't even have the character of a playoff caliber, superbowl-winning coach.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    The time was there, an extra down was there, there's just no excuse for this idiotic call. I could scarcely friggin' believe Case was huddling after Lindsay's 2nd down run!

The mentality reminds of Fox forcing Peyton freakin' Manning to take a knee in the 2012 Raven's game-- super conservative, timid minimalism. Incompentency aside, VJ doesn't even have the character of a playoff caliber, superbowl-winning coach.
    Worse yet, their defense was gassed, they showed JJ Watt at point on his knee looking like he wanted to puke. It blows my mind that they had them on the ropes, then they just stop and settle for a difficult field goal.

VJ has no killer instinct, he has no idea how to attack and keep momentum.

I wouldn't fire Joseph now, makes no sense for our long term future. Vance gives us the best chance to lose, and although I dislike Radio and can't stomach more than a couple minutes of his press conferences, we want the highest possible draft picks in each round, Vance can help us with that.

This goes back to Elway though for me, his inability to stack back to back good drafts at any point during his tenure has hurt us. His constant free agent misses over the past couple of years especially on the offensive line has hurt us. And the big one, his inability to find a quarterback to replace Manning has killed us. Elway needs to commit to a rebuild, clear the bad contracts, rid of the overrated talent, and start a fresh. It should have happened last off-season but he chose to waste another year with Keenum and Joseph, time to admit the mistakes and hit the reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Was Todd Studesville capable of taking over for all McDonald’s blunders?

Lol VJ is an even worse coach than McDougal so it won’t be that hard and it’ll give the NFL a nice look at Musgraves abilities however it could work against us if he actually did some good things as an interim!
    I don't think you'll find anyone who thought McDaniels did a good job here, however, it's awfully childish to change his name at every opportunity.

He's sure doing a lot better than we are...

Why isn't he fired yet, he has gotten plenty of opportunities to fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Nutdotnet View Post
    I don't think you'll find anyone who thought McDaniels did a good job here, however, it's awfully childish to change his name at every opportunity.

He's sure doing a lot better than we are...
    Josh McDaniels is a certified loser and failure without Tom Brady running his offense. Mike McCoy got a head coaching job after looking great with Manning running his offense, same with Gase. Hall of Fame quarterbacks seem to make there coordinator look a lot better than they probably are. On McDaniels, he failed in Denver, he failed in St Louis, and I think he knows if he leaves for any situation without a quarterback, he will once again look incompetent, and will probably have punched his last Tom Brady position upgrade ticket and be back to floating around the NFL in and out of position and coordinator jobs for the rest of his life.

Broncos best chance at a high pick is to keep VJ as HC. The guy is clueless....

HOU kicker missed an extra point and had to think about it for forty minutes... yet, for some reason, Vance decided he wanted to call a TO to let the kicker “think” for another 30 seconds. Ice a frigid kicker, made absolutely no sense.

It's now 12:02 MST and VJ still has a job....

I know everyone fancies the new hot OC prospect (John DeFilippo for example) as the next best thing for head coach.

What would you guys think of Rex Ryan for HC? His players played hard for him, he just did not have the offensive talent with Buffalo or the QB.

I have a great idea. Let’s hire the defensive coordinator of the 30th worst defense.

VJ has made a myriad of poor clock management decisions. Heck, he struggles with penalty accept/decline.

He has a lackadaisical attitude; “we had a good practice, I don’t have a problem with players and coaches” so on and so forth.

His sideline demeanor is sad to watch. He gets all whiney looking and makes a bunch of goofy faces. I don’t see him going all BA on anyone. His overall demeanor looks weak to me.

He was under qualified from the get go and doesn’t have “it”.

In the end Elway is really to blame for bringing this joker in, so it’s up to Elway to right the ship. Cut off the gangrenous limb and start healing.