Page 398 of 412 FirstFirst ... 298 348 388 396 397 398 399 400 408 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 6170
  1. #5956
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Does Fox even have a coaching job right now? How was Kubiak after Peyton left?

    Manning is the biggest reason for this teams success during his time here. The success came with his arrival, and left when he departed.
    In 2015, the Broncos offense turned the ball over 31 times. Only three other teams were equal to or worse than that...all of them had losing records. Strange how the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

    They ranked below average in total first downs and well below average in the percentage of drives ending in an offensive score. Yeah...credit Manning for that Lombardi.

  2. #5957
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Manning did build a great defense in 2012 and 2015. And your point falls apart when you say the coaching decisions have been horrible, he's hired 3 and the first two both went to super bowls. The third one was a horrible choice, but that doesn't nullify the first 2.

    Manning was not a reason they were great in 2015.
    Na that was Wade and he wasnt even first choice. :/

  3. #5958
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Does he get credit for all the games he did not play in during our 2015 Super Bowl run when we earned the top seed in the AFC?
    In all fairness, BO was stinking it up in the season finale against SD until Manning came into the game!

    If not for PFM getting on the field Denver losses home field advantage and most likely does not go to the super bowl. Manning did his part!

  4. #5959
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,732
    This isnt fair. I wake up everyday to see good news. We still got a cruddy coach.

  5. #5960
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,087
    Just a guess here, if Kubiak didn't end up with health issues again we probably would not have Vance Joseph as the HC now... probably would be Kubiak still, if he stayed healthy. Of course the GM should've been in control of Kubiak's health.

    I am looking forward to next season, it should be interesting with a new HC.

    On the "debate" on Elway's success being all Manning...
    In the 14 years with the Colts Manning appeared in 2 SBs, winning one. In the 4 years with the Broncos Manning appeared in 2 SBs winning one. Somehow in 2013 Manning set all sorts of single year records ... all by himself.

  6. #5961
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,449
    The sky is blue. Monday cant get here fast enough

  7. #5962
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    In all fairness, BO was stinking it up in the season finale against SD until Manning came into the game!

    If not for PFM getting on the field Denver losses home field advantage and most likely does not go to the super bowl. Manning did his part!
    In a half game Brock's stats were 14-22 for 232yds 1 TDs 2 INTs ... IIRC one of the INTs was a pass that should've been caught but was not controlled and intercepted, CJ fumbled the ball on the first possession of the 3rd quarter. So I guess it depends on the definition of "stinking it up"? I wouldn't call that stinking it up, the offense was turning the ball over too much but that was not because Brock was "stinking it up".
    I would agree that Manning did save the day/playoff position by leading the team to a victory.

  8. #5963
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    In all fairness, BO was stinking it up in the season finale against SD until Manning came into the game!

    If not for PFM getting on the field Denver losses home field advantage and most likely does not go to the super bowl. Manning did his part!
    In all fairness, Brock was playing well, the players around him were stinking it up. So many dropped passes and turnovers. Brock was playing well. There is a reason we were top cede in the AFC and it has a lot to do with Brock. What Brock lacked was the leadership and ability to rally the team around him. Manning provided that when he came in and I give him full credit for that and the SB run because of that. It was not Mannings ability as a qb by any means cause that team won inspite of his lack of ability. Manning sitting seamed to be a great thing cause he did not come back as the turnover machine he had been throughout the season, though he did still turn it over. Brock had a lot to do with that SB win because he played so well when called upon for us.

  9. #5964
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    8,506
    Ah...the good ole days debating about how the Broncos got to SB50...and won

  10. #5965
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Ah...the good ole days debating about how the Broncos got to SB50...and won
    Yeah, it's like the off-season has already started around here

  11. #5966
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    If Elway stays around awhile as GM, he is most likely going to hoist another Lombardi Trophy for us at some point.
    Broncos with #7 ~ 3 Lombardi's, Broncos without #7 ~ O Lombardi's.
    With #7 we also have 4 of our 5 SB losses.

  12. #5967
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    With #7 we also have 4 of our 5 SB losses.
    So 7 trips to the superbowl with Elway, 1 without him?

  13. #5968
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,453
    When is the parade down town welcoming Mike home?

  14. #5969
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    So 7 trips to the superbowl with Elway, 1 without him?
    Actually we have 8 with # 7. Just saying.

  15. #5970
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,793
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Actually we have 8 with # 7. Just saying.
    Boom!! History bomb!

    Gotta spread it!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •