Page 180 of 412 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 230 280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 6170
  1. #2686
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So you're saying Elway fired Kubiak (one of his closest friends) and then after doing so Kubiak immediately agrees to come back to the organization in a front office position? That makes zero sense. He had his coaching contract and would get paid for it (if he were fired) and would have the ability to go somewhere as an OC, Baltimore would love to have him back and Seattle tried to interview him this year and he declined.

    It's great to have theories, but that one doesn't hold up to any evidence whatsoever.

    As for Fox, he was fired because he had reached his ceiling. And I say that as someone who completely respects and thinks highly of John Fox (I've defended him here often), but his ceiling is rebuilding a team needing professionalism, and then making it to the Super Bowl. He's done that twice, but he can't win a Super Bowl. And it was at least a little surprising he wasn't fired immediately after the Super Bowl based on how poorly prepared the Broncos were for that game. The entire team from top to bottom looked like they had no idea they were about to play in the Super Bowl.
    Heh maybe we need to bring Fox back for a few seasons

  2. #2687
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,663
    Fox might not have been the most innovative coach in the NFL, but he changed the culture of this franchise post Josh McDaniels, he was the perfect hire at that time. Fox also received a lot of unfair criticism I felt as well, and didn't get enough credit for what we turned into for a nice little stretch run there. Fox restored professionalism like Butler said, the players clearly loved him, he was influential in Manning coming here, and despite this not being the popular narrative with Fox, he played a lot of young guys from the day he got here. In 2011 we played Von Miller, Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin, and Quinton Carter straight off the bat, turned the team over to Tebow before mid-season, signed Rafael Bush and Tony Carter throughout the year and allowed them to play, and despite everyone questioning it at the time, Fox kept Chris Harris around and allowed him to see the field. Right now what we need is a guy like Fox in my opinion. A respected leader who can restore some professionalism to the franchise, because right now we are a mess and look like we are being run by high school coaches, bad high school coaches at that.

  3. #2688
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,785
    Oh, what I would actually take to go back to the days of John Fox over what we have now...

    Vance Joseph is not getting it done, and if I were a betting man, he'll be shown the door before the end of the year.

  4. #2689
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,310
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Heh maybe we need to bring Fox back for a few seasons
    At this point I think a Fox type is what the Broncos need. A guy who can reestablish the little things, and bring professionalism back to the players.

    It'll never happen, but that's the type of coach Denver needs to bring in. It would help if he also didn't have Fox's glass ceiling.

  5. #2690
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    At this point I think a Fox type is what the Broncos need. A guy who can reestablish the little things, and bring professionalism back to the players.

    It'll never happen, but that's the type of coach Denver needs to bring in. It would help if he also didn't have Fox's glass ceiling.

    Agree 100%

  6. #2691
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,620
    today's game, from my perspective, seems to be a major one for Vance. I think if we look competitive then he will remain our HC. IF we get blown out I think he is shown the door....thoughts?

  7. #2692
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,113
    Checking in for the Ram's game to let everyone know before the game my opinion is the same. Thumb's up for the pink slip.

  8. #2693
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    164
    Any way we can convience the Rams to trade us their head coach? I would easily do a 1st and more for McVay.

  9. #2694
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
    Any way we can convience the Rams to trade us their head coach? I would easily do a 1st and more for McVay.
    Not a snowball's chance in hell we get McVay away from LA. I think he's widely considered one of the brightest young coaching minds in the NFL today, even college teams are starting to copy some of his formations, see Kyle Wittingham from Utah on Friday night. Sadly, I think both McVay and Shanny Jr. were available during our last coaching search?

  10. #2695
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,937
    What about the Rams OC?
    In any case, today could be a turning point, or a catalyst for changes. I think if the defense plays like last week; Vance keeps his job, by firing Joe Woods. Honestly I thought Reggie Herring should have stepped into the role as he did when Wade want down. Then I am not the GM and do not see the same things they see.

  11. #2696
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,812
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    What about the Rams OC?
    In any case, today could be a turning point, or a catalyst for changes. I think if the defense plays like last week; Vance keeps his job, by firing Joe Woods. Honestly I thought Reggie Herring should have stepped into the role as he did when Wade want down. Then I am not the GM and do not see the same things they see.
    The question is how much does that OC actually have to do with the offense. Is he a major contributor, or more like Dennison was with Kubes.

  12. #2697
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,474
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The question is how much does that OC actually have to do with the offense. Is he a major contributor, or more like Dennison was with Kubes.
    Not sure that comparison holds up. Kubes was an offensive coach to begin with so he may have had a little bit more to do with it (the extent of which is unknown) than VJ, a defensive coach.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  13. #2698
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,812
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Not sure that comparison holds up. Kubes was an offensive coach to begin with so he may have had a little bit more to do with it (the extent of which is unknown) than VJ, a defensive coach.
    Oh I was talking about the Rams OC, not VJ.

  14. #2699
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,474
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Oh I was talking about the Rams OC, not VJ.
    So you were! "More coffee please!"
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  15. #2700
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,937
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The question is how much does that OC actually have to do with the offense. Is he a major contributor, or more like Dennison was with Kubes.
    Dennison is not doing half bad at play calling in Buffalo. Rams OC has to have picked up on something. They are one of the best play action teams this year. The question would still remain, How much does he contributes to the offense now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •