Page 284 of 412 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 6170
    Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    These are things I dont worry about. Us winning out is the same as me raking leaves and finding a gold nugget.
    Broncos Fan Card Revoked!!!!!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    No it will not? We could win the rest of the year. I still want him gone.
    You missed the point of my statement. Its going to be entertaining because if he does win 3-4 more games he will most likely be back. And people like you will be complaining that he should still be gone, like you just did.

If we keep improving I want him to stay here. I dont care what anyone says all the crap that has happened here in Denver is NOT his fault. That's the dumbest crap I ever heard. I wonder for all the people that wanna say it's all on the coach has every coached any kinda sports. JOHN ELWAY has some of the blame, coaches, and players PERIOD POINT BLANK. We talking about he "almost" cost us a game as if he is the only coach of 31 other coaches that didn't throw the red flag when they shouldn't???? Keep doing yo thang VJ keep proving everyone wrong about you.

If VJ shows improvement, the players back him, and they win games Im all about keeping him. Hes a first time coach who is learning how to be a head coach. He has to learn from experiences. Hes just a little further back than what were use to. Just win!

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    If the Broncos could somehow sneak into the playoffs it would be tough to fire him. That wouldn't send a good message to the locker room. However, I don't think that will happen. Even if he manages 8-8 or 9-7 I would want him replaced, especially if one of the Harbaugh brothers becomes available.
    IF......and that is a big IF......Denver can somehow get passed the Steelers tomorrow the playoffs all of a sudden become a reality. With Cincy, SF, Cle, Oak and LAC after that I can see a run of the table. But, Cincy and SF will not be easy wins either since they are both in their houses. The reality of running the table is about 10-15% imo. I expect a loss to the Steelers and after that the playoff hope is all but shot. Not everything is VJ's fault for the way this season went but his ingame management has been laughable. If Denver finishes this season with another losing record there is no way he is retained for another season.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

If VJ can manage to win out, then he deserves some respect and should be the coach here in 2019 for that. But the truth is we aren't going to win out. We probably aren't even going to win tomorrow. Even next week is 50/50 against the Bengals. Just one road win that came down to a final drive, now suddenly we are potentially not giving VJ enough time, we should extend him? What? Before the bye week we also had the game by a field goal, which we lost by missing. Had McManus made that FG, would we be talking about VJ like we did during the bye week?

I think VJ is who he is after 26 games. He'll win a handful but lose a bunch more. I'd be happy to eat crow if we win out, but there's very little chance of that. They recently got rid of Jones, alongside the fact that when VJ was asked about playoffs he said it wasn't fair for this team to be asked that. That indicates to me that in a subtle way this organization doesn't think they can win out and make playoffs, and are making moves for 2019 rather than this year now.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 11-24-2018 at 07:45 PM.

This board is so wishy washy. After every loss the HC should be fired, after every win no matter how many losses; well maybe he turned the corner and needs some more time. No he is who he is, hes a coach that can only win against very inferior teams or gets by because the other team shot themselves in the foot too often.

How many of VJs wins have involved a missed PAT?

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Nope. It means he just got lucky and the dumpster fire will resume. Especially given the sheer volume of miracles needed to pull that off. Id compare it to Tebow leading us to the playoffs. Elway still felt it necessary to move on. And he wouldve moved on even if Manning wasnt available.
    Wow! I'm of the belief that no one lucks into winning a superbowl. Maybe one game, but not a whole SB run. And I'm also pretty certain that no coach has EVER been fired after winning it all. It's probably a moot point anyway since the chances of us winning it all are slim to none, but continuing to assert that you would want him gone even if that happened is some next level stuff. You can't do any better that win the SB, but maybe I'm wrong and winning is not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    IF......and that is a big IF......Denver can somehow get passed the Steelers tomorrow the playoffs all of a sudden become a reality. With Cincy, SF, Cle, Oak and LAC after that I can see a run of the table. But, Cincy and SF will not be easy wins either since they are both in their houses. The reality of running the table is about 10-15% imo. I expect a loss to the Steelers and after that the playoff hope is all but shot. Not everything is VJ's fault for the way this season went but his ingame management has been laughable. If Denver finishes this season with another losing record there is no way he is retained for another season.
    San Fran lost to both Arizona and the Giants in their house, I don't think there's any home field advantage there. And if you're capable of losing twice to what the eye test would say is the worst team in the NFL this year, you're capable of losing to anyone at anytime.

Cincy will be tough, not just because it's in Cincy, but because it's at 11am. Denver always seems to find a way to look awful in 11am games, even ones they win. It's historically been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    If VJ can manage to win out, then he deserves some respect and should be the coach here in 2019 for that. But the truth is we aren't going to win out. We probably aren't even going to win tomorrow. Even next week is 50/50 against the Bengals. Just one road win that came down to a final drive, now suddenly we are potentially not giving VJ enough time, we should extend him? What? Before the bye week we also had the game by a field goal, which we lost by missing. Had McManus made that FG, would we be talking about VJ like we did during the bye week?

I think VJ is who he is after 26 games. He'll win a handful but lose a bunch more. I'd be happy to eat crow if we win out, but there's very little chance of that. They recently got rid of Jones, alongside the fact that when VJ was asked about playoffs he said it wasn't fair for this team to be asked that. That indicates to me that in a subtle way this organization doesn't think they can win out and make playoffs, and are making moves for 2019 rather than this year now.
    The future is inherently subjunctive.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Nope. It means he just got lucky and the dumpster fire will resume. Especially given the sheer volume of miracles needed to pull that off. I’d compare it to Tebow leading us to the playoffs. Elway still felt it necessary to move on. And he would’ve moved on even if Manning wasn’t available.
    Well I will give you that if Bill Belichick came knocking, I am quite certain that VJ would be lt go, but then the all time greats aren't available that often.

Elway moved on from Tebow in 2012 because he projected that Peyton would take the team further. I don't think we have reason to believe that Elway was dishonest when he named Tebow the starter heading into 2012, and before being able to sign Peyton.

I don't think that VJ will improve to be anything but mediocre, but if he keeps improving then it is a different story

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Well I will give you that if Bill Belichick came knocking, I am quite certain that VJ would be lt go, but then the all time greats aren't available that often.

Elway moved on from Tebow in 2012 because he projected that Peyton would take the team further. I don't think we have reason to believe that Elway was dishonest when he named Tebow the starter heading into 2012, and before being able to sign Peyton.

I don't think that VJ will improve to be anything but mediocre, but if he keeps improving then it is a different story
    He was moving on from Tebow regardless. Manning just made it easier to sell to us. Because constantly relying miracles is not a recipe for long term success. And thats exactly what its been like under VJ. Miracle wins followed by crushing defeats that quickly bring us back to earth. Our woes arent so much talent as they have been related to piss poor coaching. So even given a miracle SB, Id still want the main issue removed. Because i know that miracle would involve more blunders of the Phyllis type than VJ actually coaching a good solid game.

And again, anything shy of that FG being good in the last seconds of that game, this thread wouldnt have swayed one bit. He goes for it on 4th.....we shred him. He doesnt challenge the 2pt......we shred him. We end up winning by stroke of an epic Rivers blunder and its, well maybe were too hard on him. NOPE! Hes still the same terrible HC that needs to be relieved of his duties at seasons end. Regardless of how the season turns out.

If it takes a miracle with a last place schedule, imagine him coaching against a 2nd place schedule..........

He was moving on from Tebow regardless. Manning just made it easier to sell to us. Because constantly relying miracles is not a recipe for long term success. And that’s exactly what it’s been like under VJ. Miracle wins followed by crushing defeats that quickly bring us back to earth. Our woes aren’t so much talent as they have been related to piss poor coaching. So even given a miracle SB, I’d still want the main issue removed. Because i know that miracle would involve more blunders of the Phyllis type than VJ actually coaching a good solid game.

And again, anything shy of that FG being good in the last seconds of that game, this thread wouldn’t have swayed one bit. He goes for it on 4th.....we shred him. He doesn’t challenge the 2pt......we shred him. We end up winning by stroke of an epic Rivers blunder and it’s, “well maybe we’re too hard on him”. NOPE! He’s still the same terrible HC that needs to be relieved of his duties at seasons end. Regardless of how the season turns out.

If it takes a miracle with a last place schedule, imagine him coaching against a 2nd place schedule..........
    I'll give you a couple scenarios (both of which are unlikely). The first scenario has us winning 5 of the last 6 games and we end up 9-7, making the playoffs and then losing in the 1st round. While some of us might say VJ showed a lot of improvement and would be okay with him getting another year, I wound certainly understand your sentiment of still wanting him gone. However, you are contending that even if we win all remaining games and go on to win the SB (the second scenario), you would still want him gone because it would be a miracle win. This is where I take issue.

First of all, that would mean we'd have won at least 10 straight games (probably 11 since we'd most likely be a wildcard team) and the SB. I'm sorry, but that would not be luck. That would indicate the team got drastically better and that VJ showed major improvement as a coach. And while playing a last place schedule might be a factor in the regular season (we still actually had a tough schedule), we would not be playing any last place teams in the playoffs. As I said, it's HIGHLY unlikely this happens. But if it does you should get ready to be disappointed, because there is no way I see VJ being fired under that scenario.

I am still advocating for a new coach next year one who is not clueless one that will not get called out by Bill O B aka Button Chin one that will not lead us to another 8 game losing streak or 4 game losing streaks. I want a real Qualified Coach to lead this team.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Kingsbury has been fired, anybody want him?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!