Page 288 of 412 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 298 338 388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 6170
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We'll be taking the Chargers spot IMO.
    Nothing would be sweeter. But 3 games to go in 5 is a tall task. We need more help there than just the Steelers maybe beating them next week.

I suppose chiefs would be a nice assist.

One thing I’ve noticed over the last few weeks is VJ showing emotion (angry/pissed) on the sidelines. I don’t remember him showing that last year or early this season.

Maybe he’s figured out that playing nice guy “players coach” doesn’t work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Exactly. We've been bend, don't break all year. Not calling the timeout there shows you have faith in your defense. That's 100% the right call in that moment.
    Probably so but with hindsight being 20/20, Pittsburgh was going to call that play regardless of a time-out, they thought that was the perfect playcall after Ben broke free on a few scrambles and won last week on a read option. Just a great play by the defense to stay disciplined.

So, the key to the Broncos winning is when VJ fumbles with his belt and the rcvr, musing here, but i am pretty sure VJ didnt call that game. Waistset VJ good...Headset VJ bad.
    Radio was not transmitting. Or receiving, He just wore the jacket and the headset tonight.
    Last edited by Endaround; 11-25-2018 at 06:50 PM.

You know what. This team hasn't given up. I think that partially speaks to the coach. Firing VJ would just be chasing some pipe dream that doesn't exist. Despite most of Broncos country hating him, the man is earning his job.

I think Broncos country is warming up to VJ a little bit?
    All we have to do is win! We were close in a couple of hard games early on. Our coaching staff is getting better, Case is settling in as QB, and the team is coming together, I think? If we go on a 7 game winning streak this year Broncos Country will be cheering!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Endaround View Post
    So, the key to the Broncos winning is when VJ fumbles with his belt and the rcvr, musing here, but i am pretty sure VJ didnt call that game. Waistset VJ good...Headset VJ bad.
    Radio was not transmitting. Or receiving, He just wore the jacket and the headset tonight.
    Wouldn’t surprise me. As Musgrave is on the sideline and not in the box the past two games. I’m curious where Kubes at during the game. VJ could possibly be one the channel with the groundskeepers

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me. As Musgrave is on the sideline and not in the box the past two games. I’m curious where Kubes at during the game. VJ could possibly be one the channel with the groundskeepers
    Kubiak was in the executive booth with Elway, they showed him during the game. He had an earpiece in to hear the calls (as Elway often does) but it was a one way because a two way from up there is against NFL rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    All we have to do is win! We were close in a couple of hard games early on. Our coaching staff is getting better, Case is settling in as QB, and the team is coming together, I think? If we go on a 7 game winning streak this year Broncos Country will be cheering!!!
    Is it crazy to think that maybe case just needed time to evolve in an offense that doesn’t suit his strengths?

Watching the Jets/Pats today I realized that Case hasn’t been playing as horrible as most seem to think (knock on wood) however Josh McCown? Now there’s a bad QB that just literally stinks in every faucet. I’m surprised he able to handle a single snap without fumbling. Denver fans need to realize that things could be worse... lol

Anyway Id hate to pull Case from Musgrave’s offense now when he seems to finally be picking things up however it were for an offense that Case already knows such as Gary Kubiaks, then I’d make that switch in an instant.

We’d most likely see more play action bootlegs, maybe some RPO, may be some trickery to get the ball in Lindsay’s hands more often. Unless it’s Kubes taking over, I’m
    Not so sure I’d trust case starting over in someone’s else’s offense going into next season!

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    You know what. This team hasn't given up. I think that partially speaks to the coach. Firing VJ would just be chasing some pipe dream that doesn't exist. Despite most of Broncos country hating him, the man is earning his job.
    Agreed. Though the “Ws” are nice (and needed)- I think VJ deserved to retain his job just based on how hard the team has played for him against great competition all year long (save the NYJ game). To get a locker room of millionaires (some of whom already have their SB rings) to “buy in” (particularly when results weren’t there) is a skill very few have- and if you see someone who does- you best hold on to him...

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    No I wasn't...

I think calling a timeout right there is the wrong idea.

Our defense might not be great. But our redzone defense is. There is by no means a guarantee PIT gets in that endzone and I am not calling a timeout to help them make strategy if I am coach. I like the no timeout. Put the pressure on PIT.

It paid off.
    I'm with you on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Is it crazy to think that maybe case just needed time to evolve in an offense that doesn’t suit his strengths?

Watching the Jets/Pats today I realized that Case hasn’t been playing as horrible as most seem to think (knock on wood) however Josh McCown? Now there’s a bad QB that just literally stinks in every faucet. I’m surprised he able to handle a single snap without fumbling. Denver fans need to realize that things could be worse... lol

Anyway Id hate to pull Case from Musgrave’s offense now when he seems to finally be picking things up however it were for an offense that Case already knows such as Gary Kubiaks, then I’d make that switch in an instant.

We’d most likely see more play action bootlegs, maybe some RPO, may be some trickery to get the ball in Lindsay’s hands more often. Unless it’s Kubes taking over, I’m
    Not so sure I’d trust case starting over in someone’s else’s offense going into next season!
    IMO since the 2nd KC game our coaching staff has been trying to put together an offense that better suits our strengths.

IMO every game before that they were trying to force a drop back passing attack into a team that is missing the skill sets to run that kind of offense in just about every area outside WR imo.

Even if we had the skills at other spots I do not think our QB has ever displayed in his career he can consistently run a drop back passing attack that Musgrave and VJ has seemed determined to run most of the season.

I think as our coaches have changed their plan our team will look better. The coaches will build on the different direction they seem to be going and our players will get better at executing the new game plans the more they get experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Well not all of Broncos country is warming up to him. I've taken my share of heat for it, but I've maintained all along that VJ should be given a fair chance to grow into the job and I didn't feel 1 year and a couple games was a fair chance. As others have said, we've been in every game except 1, and I'm seeing continual improvement. Hopefully things continue to improve.

With every win Joseph increases his chances of staying here for a 3rd year. If we get to the playoffs, he's a lock for another year. This is not a good thing. This team is winning in spite of him, not because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    With every win Joseph increases his chances of staying here for a 3rd year. If we get to the playoffs, he's a lock for another year. This is not a good thing. This team is winning in spite of him, not because of him.
    That's getting sooooooo played out. If we lose its because of VJ and if we win it's in spite of VJ. This is just played out in all areas. Please tell me what will VJ have to do to get the credit for a win? Oh wait never mind he already got the credit on his resume and he doesn't need approval for ANY of us. Geessssh