Page 336 of 412 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 6170
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    That’s not what this team wanted. They did not want an offense that was at the top in rushing attempts, then stalled out when they could not run the ball. They also did not have the RBs at that time to build an offense that relied on the run game. The had 2 rookies, one undrafted. Nobody knew Lindsay would take of and Royce would flop.
    The wanted an offense that could attack defense by passing the ball and putting points on the board. Get the ball to DT and Emmanuel. VJ had said that many times.

What they did wrong was went out and got Case Keenum to try and fit that vision.

Elway has been apart of all of this. He signed off on this offense, and he’s the one who wanted to try and fit Keenum into the puzzle. The whole front office missed hard on the QB they thought would fit into their vision.
    I'd say rather that's not what Musgrave wanted and that's why it didn't happen. VJ got on board with his O and defended it with his comment: "you score points by throwing the football."

The team spent its third pick on a RB so I'd say running the ball was a priority. Running the ball well opens up the passing game and helps the defense too. That still remains a sound principle in this game.

As for Keenum, he was a Houston Cougar where he was watched closely by Houston-native Gary Kubiak who then pressed to have him signed by the Texans in 2012, so you had better believe he talked Elway into signing him this year and well, he knows what to do with him too! Just as he knew what to do with Flacco! And Kubz said he would advise Musgrave a little before the season even began, but I don't think that happened until things were really falling apart during or after the losing streak. Then @SF Musgrave and Keenum reverted to type and VJ did nothing about it.
    Last edited by L.M.; 12-10-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    You're right, he's a track star that has never developed into an NFL WR. Broncos see guys like him on a weekly basis. Sure he could make a play or two, but let's not act like we have to double, triple team the guy. Kittle was the most obvious guy on the field to gameplan for, and Denver didn't do it.
    Wrong.
    He was nearly a 1K WR last year with multiple QBs throwing him the ball. Once Jimmy G came in he really started to take off, with very little time to get in a rhythm with Jimmy G. Iíd call that an NFL wide receiver.

This year he has been hit with injuries.

Pettis is also capable of huge plays, but again has been hit with injuries. When he plays, he has found the inzone more games than not. We did a good job of shutting both of them down.

Denver should have showed Kittle more attention, I agree. But that was not their only player capable of making plays.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I disagree. Just the change alone will show the fo is committed to being better. This season is a wash anyway, put in the young guys for evaluation/ experience purposes and let someone else take the lead , I donít think they could do much worse.

One thing I am tired of is our HC calling players out when he is doing such a lousy job . Classless . Just having someone who wonít do that would be an improvement imo.
    Agreed. This is something that is done in team meetings. Not publicly.

It leads to locker room problems.

Oh wait, since the news came out that some players are openly saying they just weren't ready for this game, we already have locker room problems.

Wrong.
    He was nearly a 1K WR last year with multiple QBs throwing him the ball. Once Jimmy G came in he really started to take off, with very little time to get in a rhythm with Jimmy G. I’d call that an NFL wide receiver.

This year he has been hit with injuries.

Pettis is also capable of huge plays, but again has been hit with injuries. When he plays, he has found the inzone more games than not. We did a good job of shutting both of them down.

Denver should have showed Kittle more attention, I agree. But that was not their only player capable of making plays.
    San Fran was held scoreless in the second half when the Broncos took away George Kittle. Meaning they effectively shut down all of Goodwin, Pettis, and Kittle while showing more attention to George.

Did anyone see how Adam Gotsis was bullied around yesterday?

I know Shelby Harris is listed at the nose but he can also play DE so why wasnít he inserted to play over Gotsis who just could not get it going yesterday?

Isnít it Vance Josephís to understand which players are better and who deserves more playing time over underachievers?

Iím so sick of it something needs to be done about the arrogance of the person starting lesser players over players that have turned in far better performances!

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I'm not sure about VJ but I have to admit he has impressed me lately, the team keep playing hard and racked up fantastic wins against LA and Pittsburgh so the locker room is behind him.

We are just a team that needs upgrades and are ravaged by injuries. Yea the 49'ers are not a great team but we have been destroyed by injuries. The offense has a make-shift line and a bunch of rookies all over the place, the D has their share of injuries too. We are just way too beat up right now to compete with anyone.

I think with the talent level we have and the schedule we have played 6-7 is not a bad effort, and we were competitive in most of the games against the best sides in the league, especially against KC twice.
    I disagree that the locker room is behind him. I dont think that is the case...at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    I disagree that the locker room is behind him. I dont think that is the case...at all.
    I think the locker room has been extremely nice to VJ and the staff.

Talib wanted and got out
    Thomas made comment about Texans locker room not pointing fingers and it being a better environment immediately after being traded
    Chris Harris has come out questioning the Game plan
    Derek Wolfe has not only questioned the game plan but added no offense to Wood but I didn't take a pay cut for this.
    Roby skipped a Monday
    Now we have players saying they weren't prepared

Tell me how this locker room is behind him, cause it doesn't seem that way to me. It does seem like they are professionals and still playing, but there is a big difference between doing your job and believing in the path you are on.
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

San Fran was held scoreless in the second half when the Broncos took away George Kittle. Meaning they effectively shut down all of Goodwin, Pettis, and Kittle while showing more attention to George.
    It was good adjustment at half time. Unfortunately you donít know every teams game plan coming into the games. The coaching staff adjusted very well at half on defense.
    If we had an offense that was capable of moving the ball when the run game struggles, we probably win this game. You have to be able score points to win.

I think the locker room has been extremely nice to VJ and the staff.
    I think it's divided. CHJ's comments weeks ago belied some unrest there, but it was also reported that a number of players went to Elway after Week17's game last season to plead for VJ's job. And there has been some public praise from various individuals on our team, on Miami's, and from various coaches: Kubes, Wade, and Gase. He has charisma and some of the leadership personality intangibles which won him the job, but lacks competence, good judgement, and awareness. These are all things which can be learned, but it takes time ---more than this team has to spare.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

It was good adjustment at half time. Unfortunately you don’t know every teams game plan coming into the games. The coaching staff adjusted very well at half on defense.
    If we had an offense that was capable of moving the ball when the run game struggles, we probably win this game. You have to be able score points to win.
    Yeah there was no way of knowing ahead of time that they were going to attack us using their TE, cause no team has done that to us before this.........
    ďNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.Ē

― Mark Twain

If watching VJ during press conferences and watching him on the sideline can make me cringe, I can't imagine what the players are feeling. I don't think they were really behind him once this season.
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Yeah there was no way of knowing ahead of time that they were going to attack us using their TE, cause no team has done that to us before this.........
    We have been attacked over the top, on the ground and by TEs at different points this season. Once we knew what they were doing we adjusted.

Again, they only put 20 points up. The fact that we donít have a QB capable of covering that is pathetic.
    For the people that want to run the ball a gazillion times to try and win games with a less than mediocre QB, this is the problem. They 49ers focused on stopping Lindsay, and dared Keenum to throw. He not that type of QB and this game was a great example.

It was good adjustment at half time. Unfortunately you donít know every teams game plan coming into the games. The coaching staff adjusted very well at half on defense.
    At halftime, the coaches made good adjustments during the bye week to get the win streak. A good coach has to start making adjustments throughout the game, find what works and force the other team to adjust. Vance has yet to demonstrate this and itís why we lost and itís why we will continue to lose with him.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    At halftime, the coaches made good adjustments during the bye week to get the win streak. A good coach has to start making adjustments throughout the game, find what works and force the other team to adjust. Vance has yet to demonstrate this and itís why we lost and itís why we will continue to lose with him.
    Most of their damage was done in the second quarter where they put up 17 points. Other than that, we had 3 good quarters of defense as far as limiting them to 3 points.

Im not saying I like VJ, but I do like the vision of wanting to attack defenses with the pass. It can be effective if youíve got the right QB. Thatís what they want out of Case. He canít do it. We played 3 quarters of good defense, and imploded in 1 quarter. The fact that Case couldnít give us 20 points shows heís not the guy. VJ and Woods still limited San Fran to 20 points. They have had plenty of other games where they have put up over 20, or even 30 points. Keenum does not fit into what this team wants. I think it would be a very poor decision to bring in a staff to build an offense like he had in Minny.
    You either keep VJ and get him a QB that fits this organizations visions, or you blow the whole thing up, VJ goes and Case goes.
    Either way, the majority of this teams struggles fall on Keenum.