Page 1 of 107 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 8 Chiefs vs Broncos

Hey Broncomaniacs, (If you're still out there)

Welcome to another game day thread. We don't play until Monday night, so we have an extra day to wonder about the team we are putting on the field. Can they score a single point? Can they find the end zone? Will the run game get on track. Will DT live up the hype. Can we be effective in all 3 phases or any phase?

This team has lost 3 out of 4 games. We loss to the Bills, Giants and Chargers. Not exactly the world beaters of the NFL. The O in Oline has stood for open, as they are opening up for defenders everywhere. Run game has been underwhelming as well. So we are back to the same issues as last season. Predictable play calling, bad O-line, QB issues. It is not all on the Oline as Trevor has has made some bad decisions, has moved into pressure and holds on to the ball too long.

Now we have a Monday night date in Arrow head, before tilts with the Eagles and the Pats. The Chiefs started off hot but have loss two in a row and would like nothing better than to beat up on the Broncos in Prime time.

We may have the number one D statistically, but we are woeful in getting sacks and cant even get a baker to give us a turnover. So this game will be quite the task as we have lost three of the last 4 to KC.

How we do do in game 7s? Well in the last decade we went 4-6. All 4 wins were at home, of the six losses 3 were at home and 3 were on the road. KC has more passing and rushing yards than us per game. They have Kelce, Hunt and Hill which are game breakers plus Alex Smith is mobile QB. So the D will have their hands full.Vance and McCoy will have their work cut out for them. Hopefully the O-line plays better, it would be something if they actually played worse.

Folks we're in a tough stretch here. Emotions run high but please help the mods out. . They hate losing as much as you do, but have to spend part of their day cleaning up here when we do.Hopefuuly we'll win and everyone will be happy. Either way, Please follow the COC As always looking forward to a great season and hopefully another win. GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 14 Now in progress.

I'm still here.

I must say, Elway, this is one of your funniest write ups. Which is kind of sad. I think you know what I mean.

I always appreciate your note about following the CoC but this part really stands out:

help the mods out. . They hate losing as much as you do, but have to spend part of their day cleaning up here when we do.
    It's like a double whammy. Of course you remember that from your mod days.

I'm usually optimistic and I'm not changing that. Despite the odds, I think we can still win.

Go Broncos!!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Those of us that love our team, win or lose, will always be here.

We have a chance to win this game, but surely it won't be easy. All hail the underdogs! Go Broncos!!!

This will be our bounce back game!!!!

Denver pulls off the upset in Arrowhead, Broncos 20 Chiefs 17!!!! at least I hope so lol

If denver plays to one of their few strengths on offense and runs the ball more than they elect to pass, they have a great chance to win this game.

A lot of folks are calling Trevor Siemian to be pulled but before that happens and if Denver comes out and throws the ball more than 50 times again, then I think Mike McCoy should be relieved of his play calling duties for a while but that's just me.

We may have the number one D statistically, but we are woeful in getting sacks and cant even get a baker to give us a turnover.

I don't see how you can put anything on the D. The amount of 3 and outs they generated and number of possessions they gave to our offense in SD were just as good as TO's. They played at an incredibly high level despite spending most of the day on the field.

You also need to factor in that while our offense does squat the opposing team will not take any chances and will not be forced to throw the ball much.

The 2 best D's in the league by a long way are Denver and the Jags, it comes down to whether either team can get enough offense to win games...... with Denver its not going to happen. No OL + no QB = no offense

Come on Broncos! Don't make me lose sleep for nothing!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2018 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Few things motivate a team like a brutal beating.

We've gotten two in a row! We won't get three...

We turn the corner Monday starting with a trouncing of the Chefs at Arrowhead, Halloween is Orange for a reason!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Few things motivate a team like a brutal beating.

We've gotten two in a row! We won't get three...

We turn the corner Monday starting with a trouncing of the Chefs at Arrowhead, Halloween is Orange for a reason!
    No, sorry, but this is going to be a massacre, and we will be on the wrong side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    No, sorry, but this is going to be a massacre, and we will be on the wrong side of it.
    Gotta have hope!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Gotta have hope!
    Nothing I have seen in 2 weeks can give me hope for this team. IF they come through, I'll gladly eat my crow, but I am just being a realist.

The Chargers just fielded a punt and ran into their own end zone and got tackled. Safety for the Pats*. Can this dumb team get any luckier?

Broncos will bounce back this week. With everything that went wrong over the last two weeks they'll find a way to get it done.

Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    The Chargers just fielded a punt and ran into their own end zone and got tackled. Safety for the Pats*. Can this dumb team get any luckier?
    The fact he returned one to the house against the Broncos last week shows how much of a mess the STs currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    The fact he returned one to the house against the Broncos last week shows how much of a mess the STs currently is.
    Do you know how sad you just made me? I expect an answer you know.