Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224
Results 3,346 to 3,349 of 3349
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The more I've heard after the fact, the more I'm happy Kirk didn't come here, he sounds like he was a egomaniac with some of his demands. (which is part of why despite some people's insistence, it's not a bad thing to discuss the situation and what went down so that we who wanted Cousins here can get some closure on the subject) I personally am over it, I want us to draft Baker Mayfield still. We'll see what happens on draft day, but Cousins...If some of the stuff I've heard (like hew as demanding his own office in dove valley) are true, would not have worked here. Not to mention the fact that he basically got a 3 year contract so he could get another mega contract in three years is ridiculous.
    I was onboard with Cousins until I heard that he had a documentary crew following him to capture his free agency, at that point it was just enough with the stupid little things. He's a good QB (better than some here think) but he's carrying himself in a very entitled way, compare that to Peyton Manning's free agency where he sat down with every coach staff and GM, went to each team's complex and looked at what they had going on, and then talked to other people about it. Only once he made a decision did he allow the contract to even come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The more I've heard after the fact, the more I'm happy Kirk didn't come here, he sounds like he was a egomaniac with some of his demands. (which is part of why despite some people's insistence, it's not a bad thing to discuss the situation and what went down so that we who wanted Cousins here can get some closure on the subject) I personally am over it, I want us to draft Baker Mayfield still. We'll see what happens on draft day, but Cousins...If some of the stuff I've heard (like hew as demanding his own office in dove valley) are true, would not have worked here. Not to mention the fact that he basically got a 3 year contract so he could get another mega contract in three years is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I was onboard with Cousins until I heard that he had a documentary crew following him to capture his free agency, at that point it was just enough with the stupid little things. He's a good QB (better than some here think) but he's carrying himself in a very entitled way, compare that to Peyton Manning's free agency where he sat down with every coach staff and GM, went to each team's complex and looked at what they had going on, and then talked to other people about it. Only once he made a decision did he allow the contract to even come up.
    To dovetail, it was a lot of little things that really turned me from not desiring but willing to accept to fully against.

Is it me or do the demands, film crew, entitlement, etc., sound familiar? RGIII anybody? If he continues to put up good numbers that will all be overlooked, but if he doesn't, he's givien a lot of stuff to look at when the microscope of fan ire and media criticism zoom in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    To dovetail, it was a lot of little things that really turned me from not desiring but willing to accept to fully against.

Is it me or do the demands, film crew, entitlement, etc., sound familiar? RGIII anybody? If he continues to put up good numbers that will all be overlooked, but if he doesn't, he's givien a lot of stuff to look at when the microscope of fan ire and media criticism zoom in.
    The only other QB who really does this stuff is Tom Brady, but look at what Brady has done in his career. He's earned the right to have the documentaries, his own office, his own rooms for TB12 training etc. Cousins has earned none of that so far. RGIII seems like a good comparison. If Cousins has a bad year and/or the Vikings take a step back, things could get real ugly in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

I mentioned the other day that I was wondering if this "Kirk Cousins Sweepstakes" has made his head swell. Sounds like it has. One characteristic I can't stand in a person is a sense of entitlement and and self aggrandizement. Sounds like he's got it.

Wasn't on board with him to begin with.