Page 129 of 224 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3349
  1. #1921
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFoles View Post
    Eagles fan...and I agree 100% with what you said.

    EXCEPT...the cap situation is complimented by a lack of draft capital...

    I think they like Nate Suddfeld...

    As far as Foles's value...I don't know. A team might be willing to overpay, but I don't think Philly is going to crap on him and send him to cleveland either. Not after what he did. I don't think a smart team is going to give THAT much. I do NOT see Elway as the guy to do it.

    The one exception I could see is our most frequent trade partner - Buffalo. They have two late firsts. I could see a deal like their first for Foles and a 4th. I could see a deal with the Cardinals where we swap firsts, get a second or third...give Foles.

    I've watched Foles and Cousins a lot...I'd pay Cousins.

    I think we might trade Foles and sign Bridgewater...or Tyrod Taylor if Foles goes. I don't think either is going to get a big deal, or starting offer. Maybe Cleveland or Jets.
    Me too...


    2017 Adopted Bronco Andy Janovich

  2. #1922
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,245
    Isn't there a "FOLES THREAD" this is a "COUSINS THREAD".


  3. #1923
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    28,242
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Me too...
    Me three!!

  4. #1924
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    If you take cousins off the redskins and start the backup how many games do you think they win last season?
    Probably not many. Cousins is a good QB and won games for the redskins last season. Not arguing that. But he hasn't taken a crappy team to the playoffs/SB. Elway did. Manning did. Marino did. Brady has taken very average teams to the SB (I would argue this year's Pats fit that mold). Not many QBs can do that, and Cousins isn't in the same league as those guys. But he will be paid like he is.

  5. #1925
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    28,242
    Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Probably not many. Cousins is a good QB and won games for the redskins last season. Not arguing that. But he hasn't taken a crappy team to the playoffs/SB. Elway did. Manning did. Marino did. Brady has taken very average teams to the SB (I would argue this year's Pats fit that mold). Not many QBs can do that, and Cousins isn't in the same league as those guys. But he will be paid like he is.
    But I would venture to say that 1) he is capable of taking a team very far and 2) if folks think we should be getting one of the best QBs in history, it might be a stretch of expectation.

  6. #1926
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    11 Western+Texas on 18 wheels
    Posts
    7,346
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    If you take cousins off the redskins and start the backup how many games do you think they win last season?
    Not really a fair question since most teams would lose more games with the back up quarterback playing most of the games.

    Very few teams have success with the back up quarterback in for an extended amount of time.

    Well see how the Redskins do with Alex Smith.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

  7. #1927
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Probably not many. Cousins is a good QB and won games for the redskins last season. Not arguing that. But he hasn't taken a crappy team to the playoffs/SB. Elway did. Manning did. Marino did. Brady has taken very average teams to the SB (I would argue this year's Pats fit that mold). Not many QBs can do that, and Cousins isn't in the same league as those guys. But he will be paid like he is.
    The pay constantly goes up man. Your right , those qbs you listed dont come around often . Theres no doubt if those qbs played today theyd make more then cousins . You ever remember grandparents telling you they could get in the movies and get candy for 25 cents ? Same concept man

  8. #1928
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Kirk Cousins passed for 4000+ yards consecutively over three seasons. He is only the 11th quarterback in NFL history to achieve the feat. He now joins a group that includes Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Dan Marino.

    He's also the first Redskins QB to throw 4,000 yards in 3 straight seasons:

    1 of 11 QBs in history...that’s rare company.

    I’ve read things like, “He was a 4th round pick” and “He’s not much better than what we have”.

    Not sure how else we can make the point he’s a very good QB...
    Seasons stats are great but what about postseason. We want 4k passer and one and done in playoffs???

  9. #1929
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    2,245
    One and done n the playoffs is lame, but we have to get to the playoffs first. With Cousins that could be possible.

  10. #1930
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Probably not many. Cousins is a good QB and won games for the redskins last season. Not arguing that. But he hasn't taken a crappy team to the playoffs/SB. Elway did. Manning did. Marino did. Brady has taken very average teams to the SB (I would argue this year's Pats fit that mold). Not many QBs can do that, and Cousins isn't in the same league as those guys. But he will be paid like he is.
    Suppose they give him a six year contract and a hefty signing bonus? Say a $40 MIL bonus and the contract goes something like $17/18/19/20/21/22. First four years are guaranteed. That gives the Broncos four seasons to either find out that he's the answer for them at QB, or find out that he isn't and get his replacement up to speed. The salary cap seems to be jumping by around $10 MIL a year or so lately.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

  11. #1931
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Seasons stats are great but what about postseason. We want 4k passer and one and done in playoffs???
    Hes only had one playoff start. His team gave up 35 points. Id hardly call that a pattern of one and done in the playoffs.

  12. #1932
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    25,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Seasons stats are great but what about postseason. We want 4k passer and one and done in playoffs???
    So you'd rather miss the playoffs all together?


  13. #1933
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,681
    The stats are secondary imo. The most important aspect of signing Cousins is the instant end to the QB inconsistency and uncertain leadership.

    Cousins walks in the door with credibility as the franchise QB. He comes in as the offensive leader and starts establishing the leadership role with his teammates. Day one he is working with Offensive coaches on system and expectations.

    He may not be a HoF QB but he is talented enough to end the QB competitions and mediocre play the Broncos have endured. That is worth the cost IMO.

    I actually fond it funny how arrogantly some are rejecting a top 10 QB because he is not good enough. Let me know when Marino, Elway, P Manning or Brady are on the market.

  14. #1934
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So you'd rather miss the playoffs all together?
    And as Ive pointed out. You cant seriously use one and done as a Kirk issue. Hes only started one playoff game and his defense gave up 35 points. He could have played better, even though he wasnt awful. But, its hardly a trend of him being a one and done regular.

  15. #1935
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    25,062
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    The stats are secondary imo. The most important aspect of signing Cousins is the instant end to the QB inconsistency and uncertain leadership.

    Cousins walks in the door with credibility as the franchise QB. He comes in as the offensive leader and starts establishing the leadership role with his teammates. Day one he is working with Offensive coaches on system and expectations.

    He may not be a HoF QB but he is talented enough to end the QB competitions and mediocre play the Broncos have endured. That is worth the cost IMO.

    I actually fond it funny how arrogantly some are rejecting a top 10 QB because he is not good enough. Let me know when Marino, Elway, P Manning or Brady are on the market.
    You draft a QB, you may or may not have a long term starter. If you pay for Cousins, you have a starter for at least 5 years if not longer. No QB carousel, no growing pains of a rookie, just win now, win later. After sitting through several years of garbage at QB, I'm ready to have some consistency at QB.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •