Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141
Results 2,101 to 2,103 of 2103
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Washington won't be able to Franchise Tag Cousins this season, they can try, but the CBA states that a team must be tagging a player in good faith and have plans to keep him, and compensate him at the franchise for the tagged season, because of the trade for Smith it proves the Skins would be tagging him in bad faith, and it would end up with them quickly losing a grievance.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ags-him-again/

As for fully guaranteeing Cousins contract, I'm in 100% favour of it, you could get him for less of a cap hit if you guarantee every dollar upon signing.
    He'd better work out though if we're going down the route of full guarantees. It's easier on the cap hit, but imo a higher risk to the team.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    That's such a terrible idea. What happens in the very possible scenario he busts????? Sign him for a 4-5 year fully guaranteed deal and it becomes apparent he's not the guy we need in year 3, then we still owe him guaranteed money for two more years? Talk about a nightmare. Such a move could plummet us into Browns territory for years.

Thankfully, as I mentioned, Elway is not mentally challenged and will be offering no such idiotic deal. In fact, it seems the Jets are the only franchise brain-dead enough to be rumored to consider it.
    He's going to get 3-4 years fully guaranteed regardless. He's shown he is a very good QB the last 3 years, which means the odds of him busting are fairly low. If there were a position to do this with, it's QB.

But let me ask you this, what do you think Denver should do at QB? Go down he draft road again? What happens if he's not the guy 2-3 years from now? Do we just keep chasing draft picks hoping one hits and all of the other pieces are in place to win the Super Bowl during his entry level contract?

QB is the most important position in football, which is the reason pretty much every notable free agent this year will get $16 million plus. At some point you have to figure to how to get one.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He'd better work out though if we're going down the route of full guarantees. It's easier on the cap hit, but imo a higher risk to the team.
    That's the position and player to take the risk on. Especially since he's going to get a lot fully guaranteed regardless. You could go somewhere around 5 years $100 million fully guaranteed or you go with the Garopollo style 5 years $140 million with about $90 million guaranteed, but unlike Jimmy G, Cousins' guarantees will be real guarantees.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."