Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why didn't we go get Brown, Or Ebron, Or Garoppolo?

Opportunities were available to make our team better and none were seized. I don't understand not going after Brown. He would have immediately improved the offensive line. Ebron would have allowed us to take advantage of the middle of the field. And Garoppolo might have actually been the answer at quarterback.

Does anyone have a logical reason we didn't attempt to acquire any of these players?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Yes, and that logic being that very rarely does acquiring a player using high draft compensation, and handing over big money at the same time ever work out. This just isn't how successful teams are built, it never has been and making these types of moves is usually a setback more than anything else. I understand fans are frustrated and want to bring in the best players possible right now, however I understand not making these moves.

At the same time in saying this, I can't say that seeing Jimmy Garoppolo moved for a 2nd Round Pick made me wonder, could that have been explored by John Elway. He is a very interesting prospect and has shown flashes of being great. However, he will be a free agent at years end and will be looking at 20+ million dollars either as a franchise tagged player, or a long-term option, so there is a lot of risk there. However the upside on that move could be really worth it for the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
    Yes, and that logic being that very rarely does acquiring a player using high draft compensation, and handing over big money at the same time ever work out. This just isn't how successful teams are built, it never has been and making these types of moves is usually a setback more than anything else. I understand fans are frustrated and want to bring in the best players possible right now, however I understand not making these moves.

At the same time in saying this, I can't say that seeing Jimmy Garoppolo moved for a 2nd Round Pick made me wonder, could that have been explored by John Elway. He is a very interesting prospect and has shown flashes of being great. However, he will be a free agent at years end and will be looking at 20+ million dollars either as a franchise tagged player, or a long-term option, so there is a lot of risk there. However the upside on that move could be really worth it for the 49ers.
    We really need an OT. Should have done something to acquire Brown.

That pats would have never traded Garoppolo to us. Ebron isnít necessary he canít even get going this year with Stanford what makes anyone think he will do better with Trevor? Plus derby is putting up better numbers with less targets. And brown and bolles play the same posistion. Itís easy to say move bolles to the right side but he might not be able to adjust to it.

"Why didn't we go get Brown, Or Ebron, Or Garoppolo?"

Brown: Seahawks paid a high price because they needed a LT

Ebron: he can't catch the ball (an issue since college) and has a bad attitude; he is useless

Garoppolo: the Patriots won't trade him to an AFC rival with a strong defense
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Ebron: he can't catch the ball (an issue since college) and has a bad attitude; he is useless

This

10 characters

The Brown trade was off and on for months. We are going with Bolles as our LT. Not only draft compensation, but cap wise it was a hefty price tag. It's nice to say just flip one of them to the other side, but it's really not that simple. Ryan Harris said it best "I'll give you a challenge: you go wipe your butt tonight left-handed and see how it goes,"

Would you guys be willing to part with Chris Harris or Talib? It's not so easy when you have talent like this. Teams don't want your draft picks, they want one of your superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Would you guys be willing to part with Chris Harris or Talib? It's not so easy when you have talent like this. Teams don't want your draft picks, they want one of your superstars.
    Harris, no. He's too young and his contract is too good. Talib? Maybe. Only for a whole lot in return. He's still one of the best in the business and you can't replace his spirit and fire.

If I had to it would be Talib. I wish they would trade CJ though. No need for him anymore plus he has no guarantee on his contract. Makes it more attractive for teams to trade for him

As far as Ebron, we already have issues catching balls. Adding another that drops a bunch of balls wouldnít be beneficial.

None of our weaknesses matter except the QB. Our OLine needs coaching but we have plenty of talent there to win with a decent QB. QB in this era is super critical.
    Why did Elway go the way he did after Peyton? I don't know.
    In addition to the QB mistakes, don't underestimate the impact of the paychecks to our WR position. WR money has never been a good investment. I'm glad we have our guys but paying that much for a position with its high but still limited value is a mistake. It cripples our ability to get/keep a good QB.

NO!!!

Our defensive core needs to stay in-tact until they can no longer perform at a high level.

Talib, Harris, Jr., Von, Wolfe, Ray should all be off limits and I would be pissed to the highest of pissed-tivity if any were traded away.

Same goes for DT & Sanders on the offensive side.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

And do we really want Garoppolo? I know Trev has been beyond terrible, but Iím not a big fan of anybody from NE that has a high price tag, outside of NE. Especially anyone not named Brady. I really hope for Baby Shannyís sake it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    And do we really want Garoppolo? I know Trev has been beyond terrible, but I’m not a big fan of anybody from NE that has a high price tag, outside of NE. Especially anyone not named Brady. I really hope for Baby Shanny’s sake it works out.
    My feelings exactly!

I don't even think Brady would be Brady if he were outside of NE...and that's whether in his prime or not.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above