Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Rebuilding is unacceptable!

We just won the Super Bowl a couple years ago. You mean to tell me that in 2-years this team has gotten so messed up it has to be rebuilt? Who messed it up? Who was watching? How can this happen?

Why would I trust the people to fix it that let it get so bad in 2-years?

No rebuilding. Win now and figure out how or fire whomever let a Super Bowl winner get so bad.

No more excuses and no more time to hide behind 'rebuild' to buy a couple more years.
    Welcome to NFL reality. Teams rise and fall every year. The fact is two years ago we had a franchise QB (albeit on his last legs) and a historically great defense. Now, we don't. A franchise QB is the best way to have sustained success in this league. Until we get one of those, or at least a decent one, this team will continue to struggle. The Broncos aren't rebuilding, but we are missing the most essential piece for a good team.
    Last edited by gerontion; 11-01-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Welcome to NFL reality. Teams rise and fall every year. The fact is two years ago we had a franchise QB (albeit on his last legs) and a historically great defense. Now, we don't. A franchise QB is the best way to have sustained success in this league. Until we get one of those, or at least a decent one, this team will continue to struggle. The Broncos aren't rebuilding, but we are missing the most essential piece for a good team.
    Shows you that QB is the issue. Why don't Pats, GB, Stealers, SeaChickens, Chiefs, decline bigly after reaching great heights. Why do we have to fall off cliffs like that between seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Rebuilding is unacceptable!

We just won the Super Bowl a couple years ago. You mean to tell me that in 2-years this team has gotten so messed up it has to be rebuilt? Who messed it up? Who was watching? How can this happen?

Why would I trust the people to fix it that let it get so bad in 2-years?

No rebuilding. Win now and figure out how or fire whomever let a Super Bowl winner get so bad.

No more excuses and no more time to hide behind 'rebuild' to buy a couple more years.
    This offense has been bad for 3 years. This shouldn't really be a surprise at this point. Elway needed to either bring in a top vet QB, or set the young QBs up to succeed, he did neither. The decline of Peyton, then losing Peyton, those have been the biggest reason for the failing offense.

This isn't a coaching problem or a player problem. This is a front office problem, they didn't replace the offense with anything acceptable once Manning left. The Vikings had a horrible Oline last year. They go and get 5 new starters and are killing it with Keenam and a couple backs that haven't been all that great in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    "Why didn't we go get Brown, Or Ebron, Or Garoppolo?"

Brown: Seahawks paid a high price because they needed a LT

Ebron: he can't catch the ball (an issue since college) and has a bad attitude; he is useless

Garoppolo: the Patriots won't trade him to an AFC rival with a strong defense
    Not only that, we already have 4 tight ends. What could would it do us to have 5? The 4 we got are overall better than Ebron.

And our QB trash so who gonna throw a tight end that can't catch a cold the ball?

I would like Jimmy G as well, but as you said would make no sense for the Pats to trade him to a rival team. He still wouldn't start for us since he'd have to take time to learn the playbook and gel with the players. So we'd be trading for someone to sit on the bench until next year...where he'd be a free agent anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    This offense has been bad for 3 years. This shouldn't really be a surprise at this point. Elway needed to either bring in a top vet QB, or set the young QBs up to succeed, he did neither. The decline of Peyton, then losing Peyton, those have been the biggest reason for the failing offense.

This isn't a coaching problem or a player problem. This is a front office problem, they didn't replace the offense with anything acceptable once Manning left. The Vikings had a horrible Oline last year. They go and get 5 new starters and are killing it with Keenam and a couple backs that haven't been all that great in the past.
    Yes, for a 3rd stringer who is replacing two 1st round picks in Bridgewater and Bradford, Keenum is doing well. He certainly isn't a long term solution.

I like the idea of trading our picks for proven vets on offense.
    Our draft picks appear to be mostly useless, especially the offense picks.
    At this point the Elway strategy should be to get offense through available vets and defense through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    I like the idea of trading our picks for proven vets on offense.
    Our draft picks appear to be mostly useless, especially the offense picks.
    At this point the Elway strategy should be to get offense through available vets and defense through the draft.
    Probably a good point, we've been slightly better at picking up offensive FAs than drafting them. But the time to do that is during free agency in March, not at the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    NO!!!

Our defensive core needs to stay in-tact until they can no longer perform at a high level.

Talib, Harris, Jr., Von, Wolfe, Ray should all be off limits and I would be pissed to the highest of pissed-tivity if any were traded away.

Same goes for DT & Sanders on the offensive side.
    Sanders, no. Keep him. DT has been average for the past couple seasons. So tired of his past stats being trotted out week after week to make us ignore how his play vs his pay is not comparable. He needs to restructure or we need to dump him after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    Sanders, no. Keep him. DT has been average for the past couple seasons. So tired of his past stats being trotted out week after week to make us ignore how his play vs his pay is not comparable. He needs to restructure or we need to dump him after this season.
    How can a WR (no matter how good he is) be more than average when he's relying on a bottom barrel QB to throw him the ball? WR's aren't like RB's where what happens after the handoff can make or break them. DT was phenomenal when he had a great QB throwing the ball. Heck, he was even still awesome in what was his worst season (at the time) when he had a terrible PM and Brock slinging the rock to him. And just FYI, Sanders hasn't been any better during the Siemian era either. He's been just as pedestrian as DT, if not more. Problem is the QB throwing the ball not the WR. If DT has the matchup and the QB doesn't see it or is to scared to throw it, what do u expect DT to do?
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    How can a WR (no matter how good he is) be more than average when he's relying on a bottom barrel QB to throw him the ball? WR's aren't like RB's where what happens after the handoff can make or break them. DT was phenomenal when he had a great QB throwing the ball. Heck, he was even still awesome in what was his worst season (at the time) when he had a terrible PM and Brock slinging the rock to him. And just FYI, Sanders hasn't been any better during the Siemian era either. He's been just as pedestrian as DT, if not more. Problem is the QB throwing the ball not the WR. If DT has the matchup and the QB doesn't see it or is to scared to throw it, what do u expect DT to do?
    One can make the argument of what's the point of keeping a high priced receiver on the roster who needs an elite QB to reach his full potential?

It could be years, if ever, until we find another QB of Manning's caliber. It was 13 years between Elway and Manning. Right now we're spending a lot of money on the WR position, money that could greatly benefit other parts of the offense

Yes at this point I am fine with QB round robin. Call it rebuilding whatever. Does any one really believe that Brock or Paxton are going to light it up? And it doesn't matter how bad you lose by it still counts as 1 lost. A tank season would allow us to discover if any of our QBs even Kelly has anything. And even if we lost every game we get a higher draft pick throughout the draft to get some high value players at low cost. Of course that assumes we have anyone in the front office that can see what a real QB looks like.
    Bronco Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Would you guys be willing to part with Chris Harris or Talib? It's not so easy when you have talent like this. Teams don't want your draft picks, they want one of your superstars.
    I like Talib and the no fly zone, but I don't care what we have to do at this point to get our offense rolling. The only player I don't want to get rid of is Von Miller. I feel like everyone else can be replaced for either younger players or players of the same caliber somewhere a long the line.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    He has a conversion clause in his contract that lets us convert his base salary into a signing bonus and Thomas has already said he's open to restructuring his contract, why wouldn't he want more guaranteed money? Elway hasn't seen a need to tweak his contract probably because he's still putting up similar production as the WRs around him salary wise

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    None of our weaknesses matter except the QB. Our OLine needs coaching but we have plenty of talent there to win with a decent QB. QB in this era is super critical.
    Why did Elway go the way he did after Peyton? I don't know.
    In addition to the QB mistakes, don't underestimate the impact of the paychecks to our WR position. WR money has never been a good investment. I'm glad we have our guys but paying that much for a position with its high but still limited value is a mistake. It cripples our ability to get/keep a good QB.
    Go what way exactly?

He drafted a QB in the first round.

Has it failed thus far? Yes. But he did do the right thing by going QB with our first pick post-Peyton.

Now...maybe we should have done something after last year...then again, one could think that Lynch only had a few games under his belt. By the time it was obvious hes likely not the answer Pre-Season was almost over, and Siemian was actually doing pretty well.

Now what? Go after Garapollo with his two whole games? McCarron for a 2nd and 3rd?

I dont know....but I do expect for something to happen, or at least try, this off-season. Its not like our D is going to be around forever. Were too close to being good to not do go after a Cousins or similar.

Von Miller's contract
    I believe.