Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    People want to "see Lynch" as if he's a total unknown and will somehow play awesome overcoming the O-Line and OC issues and lead us to victory anyway through sheer hidden talent suddenly revealed.

It won't make any difference -he's not going to play better than Oz or TS. He'll suck to the point that no one will want him to start here ever again. At best, he's a long-term project who has to get playing time gradually (like in garbage time) and with enough protection to give him time to make some reads -which is where he struggles.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I'm hoping for some fierce competition at QB at this point, and I hope the coaches are willing to throw in Pax. We need Siemian to realize he is replacable, Brock to show why he's here, or Paxton to prove his worth. If we play Brock the entire year, he'd better show promise. I think the general consensus for Denver fans right now is to give Paxton a go, and I think at this point of the season we are a few more games away from seeing that happen, if it's going to. Siemian will be going back in if Brock can't perform to see if his timeout has given him anything to work with. And if it's more of the same, let Paxton finish up.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    People want to "see Lynch" as if he's a total unknown and will somehow play awesome overcoming the O-Line and OC issues and lead us to victory anyway through sheer hidden talent suddenly revealed.

It won't make any difference -he's not going to play better than Oz or TS. He'll suck to the point that no one will want him to start here ever again. At best, he's a long-term project who has to get playing time gradually (like in garbage time) and with enough protection to give him time to make some reads -which is where he struggles.
    I doubt anyone feels Lynch will play awesome. This isn't about winning any more. This is about the future of the franchise. Can Lynch show enough to give him a shot next year?

Wow 35 whole rusing yards. Nice and did anyone hear VJ say at half time going off the field when asked about Paxton if it was physical or mental? And he said BOTH!! Wow
    Bronco Bob

Lynch isn't the future of the franchise, so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I doubt anyone feels Lynch will play awesome. This isn't about winning any more. This is about the future of the franchise. Can Lynch show enough to give him a shot next year?
    What did you see from him last year or in preseason this year that makes you think that throwing him to the wolves in the middle of this trainwreck will help him or the team? I just see him getting smeared or picked off continuously, shattering his confidence and giving him PTSD. He needs playing time but under a little better circumstances that won't ruin him right off the bat. People need to be more patient with project QBs like him.

At this point you have to put Lynch in just to see what you have. The season is over right now. You need to know if the quarterback of the future is on roster. I don't think it is, but I definitely know it's not Osweiler or Siemian.
    Doesn't matter if you put Brady behind that O-line it will be a disaster... QB doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Lynch isn't the future of the franchise, so it doesn't matter.
    I don't necessarily disagree but it would be asinine for the Broncos not to at least give him a handful of games this season to prove it one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverElway View Post
    Doesn't matter if you put Brady behind that O-line it will be a disaster... QB doesn't matter.
    I don't agree.

We've had this argument since Elway retired. "It doesn't matter who the quarterback is with _____". The Peyton comes to town, and we're easily one of the best teams in the NFL year-in and year-out for four years, and have 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 win.

A quality quarterback can really make all the difference. Having said that, I'm not stating Lynch is that guy. But at this point you have to find out.

What did you see from him last year or in preseason this year that makes you think that throwing him to the wolves in the middle of this trainwreck will help him or the team? I just see him getting smeared or picked off continuously, shattering his confidence and giving him PTSD. He needs playing time but under a little better circumstances that won't ruin him right off the bat. People need to be more patient with project QBs like him.
    *Sigh*

I'm not saying he will help this team. This team is lost. The season is over. But what I do know is that neither Osweiler nor Siemian are the long-term answer. Lynch probably isn't either, but it would be stupid of this team if they never give him a handful of games to start to see if he has any ability to play in the NFL.

*Sigh*

I'm not saying he will help this team. This team is lost. The season is over. But what I do know is that neither Osweiler nor Siemian are the long-term answer. Lynch probably isn't either, but it would be stupid of this team if they never give him a handful of games to start to see if he has any ability to play in the NFL.
    "sigh" I didn't say now, I'm talking long-term too. He's proved he can't operate at NFL speed yet, and poor protection won't give him a chance to develop it. You're advocating the sink or swim approach when sink is already known. So let's just sink him anyway because fans are impatient!

Trevor out performed Lynch in camp and earned the starting job, I believe they know what they have in both. OZ, is back after 2 Teams had turned him loose and currently the browns are paying most of his salary. The broncos gave him another shot today ( not as if we had better options). I watched the (duck) air-ball he threw that was intercepted and seen all I needed to agree he is not our Franchise QB. ( He is very fortunate to get all that $$$ to set up his life.). I also think we may have drafted our QB ( Mr, Irrelevant). Mr.Elway you need to show you can find a Talented QB.,

As for today's game , seem Talib get burned a few times even for a score. Is he worth the $$$ next year ?

"sigh" I didn't say now, I'm talking long-term too. He's proved he can't operate at NFL speed yet, and poor protection won't give him a chance to develop it. You're advocating the sink or swim approach when sink is already known. So let's just sink him anyway because fans are impatient!
    So you're basically saying you'd rather go 5-11 or 6-10 with Siemian or Osweiler, without every giving Lynch a shot. That's fine.

I think we're 6-10 either way, but at least there's an investment in Lynch and he's the only quarterback on roster you really don't know. You may not care. I still do.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner finally somebody who makes sense on this forum!

So you're basically saying you'd rather go 5-11 or 6-10 with Siemian or Osweiler, without every giving Lynch a shot. That's fine.

I think we're 6-10 either way, but at least there's an investment in Lynch and he's the only quarterback on roster you really don't know. You may not care. I still do.
    We know enough to know that he needs more development time, unfortunately. I'd feel better about putting him in if we at least had a RT. I wouldn't want to ruin him needlessly with David Carr syndrome by rushing the process using a broken line.